Soil & Nutrients

igrow420710

Just wondering if i am supposed to buy a certain soil or if any will do.

What would be the best nutrients to go for? I was thinking not to use it so it does not effect my taste and flavour of buds.

Dont even know the difference. Had a brief look. How would i proceed and what sort of pest and diseases would i be prone too (as in my growing environment)

coco is inert, holds water well without drowning your plant and is very forgiving.
You can flush it if you need to correct an imbalance of nutes or adjust the ph
You never have to worry about over watering because it drains so well
growing with coco usually means a drain to waste setup although people do add perlite to absorb even more water.
with drain to waste you mix up your nutes and water to a 20% runoff. This is done daily
because it is inert, theoretically you have less chance of pests in your medium
I bake mine at 200F for 4 hours to ensure any eggs that might be in there are destroyed.
hope this helps

coco is inert, holds water well without drowning your plant and is very forgiving.
You can flush it if you need to correct an imbalance of nutes or adjust the ph
You never have to worry about over watering because it drains so well
growing with coco usually means a drain to waste setup although people do add perlite to absorb even more water.
with drain to waste you mix up your nutes and water to a 20% runoff. This is done daily
because it is inert, theoretically you have less chance of pests in your medium
I bake mine at 200F for 4 hours to ensure any eggs that might be in there are destroyed.
hope this helps
Canna coco with canna nutrients?

Bake it:0 does it really work?

I remember long time ago when I did a really cheap grow there was like little tiny larvae all in the soil
And flies stuck on the flowering bud

I use Canna Terra Pro Plus, which is close to coco, but not quite. The biggest difference is watering. You can't let coco dry out. The last grow I had larvae in the medium and I'm sure it was in the bag. I've read others complaining about the same thing. They were a pain in the ass to deal with. I think I'm going to stick with it for my next grow, because I've already got the nutes. I'll treat the soil and then let it dry out. I never thought about baking it. I wonder if that would work? Aside from the bugs I really like the medium.

PS: I assume you are talking about growing indoors? Do you have the gear already?

I would go for Canna coco, the only Canna nutrients i use are boost, pk and cannazym, iv used there A&B for years and its poor in my opinion, as a base nutrient i would use Advanced Nutrients ph perfect.

A good base nutrient, Canna boost, pk and a root stimulant is all you really need, you can also wash your coco out after every grow.

I use Canna Terra Pro Plus, which is close to coco, but not quite. The biggest difference is watering. You can't let coco dry out. The last grow I had larvae in the medium and I'm sure it was in the bag. I've read others complaining about the same thing. They were a pain in the ass to deal with. I think I'm going to stick with it for my next grow, because I've already got the nutes. I'll treat the soil and then let it dry out. I never thought about baking it. I wonder if that would work? Aside from the bugs I really like the medium.

PS: I assume you are talking about growing indoors? Do you have the gear already?
So worried about larvae how do I avoid this?

Will have my gear by end of the the month/beginning of next month

So worried about larvae how do I avoid this?

Will have my gear by end of the the month/beginning of next month

If it's in the bag you have to get rid of them before you put you seedlings in. Canna Pro Plus comes moist, so I'll need to start there. I'm not going to leave it to chance.

Nemasys Sciarid Fly Killer (google it) is a powder that you buy, dissolve in water, and then soak your grow medium. It eats larvae.

I'll start with that and let it dry for a week. The life cycle of most of these pests is a week, so if they have nothing to eat they will die. That should do it (I hope).

Most prepacked soil/compost/coco should be clear of pest & disease in the first place if a brand name anyways...

But as people mention there are ways of getting rid of the critters just in case ya unlucky to get em in first place ?

I've not used coco myself but in general the nutrient solution will need to be PH buffered around PH 5.8 give or take a little & PPM etc plus the rest of that jazz...

I'm a soil guy preferring biobizz all mix to which i have used their own nutrient range for many years plus synthetic salt based stuff of what ever brand & no i've never PH corrected any of em for soil growing, you may wonder why ? well in real life no one PH corrects water or nutrients or fert etc etc etc for soil growing.

Just ask a farmer or some one in the trade of plant production... its a weed just look around to see what people grow it in lol, rofl o_O

Back
Top Bottom