420 Magazine Background

Soil pH is too low

Msgator1981

Brand new here and new grower...please help!:thanks:

I am in week 4 of an autoflower grow in soil. I have been feeding once a week and water every other or every third day. I have been giving 1/2 tsp per gallon of each of the GH grow, veg, bloom. We give the nutes and water at between 6 and 6.5 pH. My runoff is in the low to mid 7 pH range. One of my plants has a pretty good phosphorus deficiency because of it.

I don't know if we should lower the pH of the water and nutrients we give to 5.5 or sow to counterbalance or if we need more nutrients. Any suggestions?

I am brand new and don't know if I am disallowed from sharing photos or maybe I just can't figure it out, but I am certain the deficiency is phosphorus.

Dwight Monk

420 Support
420 Staff
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

That walks you thru how to upload and post pics here. That will help folks help you and give you more accurate advice. Unless it is real hot there you may be overwatering too as I seem to water every 4-5 days except when hot (which it has been lately here so it is 2-3 days currently). I try and stay in the 5.5-6 PH range for my water, but I don't worry about or care what the PH is coming out personally (I'm also in soil).

Scientific

Photos would help. Don't be too quick to pronounce that you have a deficiency in X because of Y. It's usually more complicated and subtle than that.

Why are you dosing at that level? Do you have a GH chart that tells you to do so?

NaturalSpirit

Grow Journal of the Month: September 2018 - Grow Journal of the Year: 2018
Top Bottom