Peripatera

I water with 6.5 ph and the runoff ph is 5 do i need to change soil? and i have many deficiencys when plant hits week 2-3 of flowering.

Probably you have an infection in the soil. Possibly root rot or worse.

I would attempt to clean up the soil first before a transplant. Then after the infection appears taken care of you can transplant.

Your best chance is going to flush it hard and then run a strong bacterial tea through it. I make my own which has saved many grows on here but you have to run out and get stuff and it takes a day to make minimum. Any decent hydro store will have premade microbial teas on hand. You can get them for rather cheap. You can also just buy beneficial bacteria in a bottel at just about any place like Orca but that is no where near as good as home brew.

So you flush minimum 5 times the pot size in water through it. The last bucket you pH properly and add in the bacterial tea and enzymes and a sugar product to help the bacteria breed. In your case I might go deeper. I would put it in a bath tub and run water through minimum 15 min and not stop until a few minutes until after the run off matches the water going in. Then put a last 5 gallon bucket through with all the good stuff.

It should take about a week to dry out again. Then you can run some more through and check the runoff. If it is batter you can transplant. If not maybe the bacteria you put in there wasn't alive anymore.

My tea saved a guys grow in hydro in 24 hours after he tried every chemical he could find including chloramine. If you wanna give that a try and cant get all the materials PM me and I will make sure yo u have the important stuff. My tea is a complete plant food with bloom boosters so yo don't need everything. I added it to the end of this thread.

Tea Bag your DWC

Make sure when you water you get 15% runoff and it does not sit in the water. have the pot on something so the water goes out of the pot. Make sure from now on you do not water until the pot is dry. It must dry out before more water goes in or you will kill the roots.

:goodluck:

by running bath water through wouldnt the cold water shock the plant and if u put a little hot water to warm up cold water the hot water got more heavy metals in it ?

If your using foxfarm soil it is about 5 right out of the bag when it's wet, but after watering it will gradually come back to 7 when completely dry. In my opinion if you grow in soil use organic nutes and don't worry about pH, if you want to use synthetics then grow in coco and ph. Mixing them can be done but kinda defeats the purpose of the living life force in your soil.

I water with 6.5 ph and the runoff ph is 5 do i need to change soil? and i have many deficiencys when plant hits week 2-3 of flowering.

You PH is perfectly fine. You issue is probably more likely Nitrogen toxicity in week 2-3 after the flip to flowering rather than deficiency, but impossible to tell without photos. .

What is the E.C of the run off?

What are your temps like?

PH doesn't physically damage roots on contact until PH 4 and below, (low PH does lock nutrients but 5.0 is acceptable as a run off.

Aim for PH 6.0 i.e 5.5-6.5

Your E.C should be 1.2-1.8 in the 3rd week of flower, no more. ( Remember LIGHT IS PLANT FOOD, not nutrients)

If you want to increase growth increase light levels ....before nutrients, i.e move your light closer.

Ok i transplanted my plant one week before 12/12 now first week of flowering i flush my plant with clean ph 6.5 water i did the same thing for week 2 and week 3 everything starts after flushing week 3 brown spots everywhere and i had nitrogen toxicity the first 3 weeks after flush week 3 nitrogen toxicity stop and started a phosphorus+manganese deficiency on more ploblem is that i water to often my soil is wet all the time does wet soil change the ph the funny thing is that i can flush my plant every day and it will never get over watered because i have smart pots.
My temperature: day 22-27 c nigth tempeture can go down to 15 but not every day some times it gows 17-18
Humidity: 30-40%
20160104_121149.jpg

Ok i transplanted my plant one week before 12/12 now first week of flowering i flush my plant with clean ph 6.5 water i did the same thing for week 2 and week 3 everything starts after flushing week 3 brown spots everywhere and on more ploblem is that i water to often my soil is wet all the time does wet soil change the ph the funny thing is that i can flush my plant every day and it will never get over watered because i have smart pots.
My temperature: day 22-27 c nigth tempeture can go down to 15 but not every day some times it gows 17-18
Humidity: 30-40%
20160104_121149.jpg

In soil....... plants must dry out between waterings.

The Wet/Dry cycle is a must.

The Wet / Dry cycle is required to achieve the correct environmental fluctuations for Nutrient absorption and PH variability, water to Air ratios and microbial balance

Think about plants outside in nature.

Wet / dry Fluctuations are critical with soil grows.

Dry your soil out.

Here's my plant what strain do you guys think ? sativa or indica? do i need to buy dolomitic lime to ph up my soil? i don't know what to do i will let my soil dry up to see the results.
SAM_21541.JPG
SAM_21551.JPG
SAM_21561.JPG
SAM_21571.JPG
SAM_21581.JPG
SAM_21591.JPG
SAM_21601.JPG
SAM_21611.JPG
SAM_21621.JPG
SAM_21631.JPG

Oh wow.

What sort of soil are you growing with? Did it have slow release fert in it like osmocote for example?

If so you have unbalanced it some how with your added nutrients..

Looks to me Phosphorus, Boron deficiency, but that is unlikely to occur in soil/potting mix... Definitely calcium deficiency and you need Magnesium for that stress.

No idea how this could happen in good potting mix,.......next run, probably best to forget everything, run with slow release potting mix and just give them water with a little a teaspoon of sulphate of potash top dressing 3rd week into flower.

Pass on the added nutrients.

Oh heck , i just read the bag, you need to blend 50 percent perlite or pumice sand with that mix.

Go for a ready mix complete growing mix next time. That ones mostly peat and more suited to a compost / soil conditioner to blend with outdoor soil, but not a complete grow potting mix for pots.

That mix is far too heavy for cannabis, holds too much water, peat its very acidic , need to lighten it up a bit, not enough oxygen. To wet and too heavy and sour.

That's multiple deficiency classic pH lockout. 5 is way low even too low for Hydro. If it is 6.5 in and 5 out the bottom you have no mobility in the nutes and the plant can only absorb water.

The only reason I suggested rot is 5 is off the charts low for soil. Really hard to get there. Most people have the opposite problem. but if you are over watering you can easily get rot down there that will make it 5 and hard to turn around.

:goodluck:

See that isn't soil. That is an amendment. That should not be your medium. You use that with other stuff. And I wouldn't use that at all for cannabis.

Keep your Mix dry and things will improve, water only if absolutely needed, lift pot determine water weight.

Keep it dry ......all is not lost.

water with PH 7 water until bloom finishes , peat will naturally buffer it lower.

don’t add extra nutrients other than cag/mag, extra nutrients will drop PH further.

Add Calcium and magnesium both are alkalising and will rise PH.

I ordered biobizz light mix for my next grow is that ok?

BioBizz light mix is fine , add 50% perlite /or pumice sand to it, mix well.

Feed with standard Hydroponic food as directed after week 3 of growing in it.

Bio mix has nutrients already in it to support your plant up to week 3 but no further.

I recommend this approach of using seed raising mix with perlite.

Its impossible to over water, and you can Taylor your nutrients as the slow release nutrients of seed raising/cutting mix burn out quickly

Back
Top Bottom