Soil-vortex grow journal-2012

Well i just got back from a little family vacation could not wait to see how much my girls have grown. I had a caretaker for them and on my return i was very happy to see the progress.The vortex and the OG are taking off they are about 8in they took very well to the transplant and the hole fan incident. I tied down the vortex as it was stretching a little too much the vortex seems to yield very good when i do this. The sharksbreath is taking things a little hard tho as you well notice it looks like its suffering from heat stress but the thing is the temp gos no higher then 75 and the humidity is around 48-55. I pulled the light up to see if that helps it seems sensitive with the light which is weird because with t5's you can get right on top of them if the temps are right. The other issue im having is its staying really short almost no stretch and the inner leaves are bunched together and looking a little warped. Well here is some update pics the first two pics are of the vortex then comes the OG then little old sharksbreath.
:Namaste:
100_22134.JPG
100_22142.JPG
100_22183.JPG
100_22194.JPG

First things first i have started a new thread for the sharks breath she is still in veg. That being said im going to be throwing the OG and the VORTEX into flowering tomorrow. The vortex and the og are both about 10" i have to keep the vortex about 3-4 feet due to limited space. Sorry this is a short update but things are starting to get good and soon my room will be smelling alot like x-mas just in time. I'm thinking once the vortex and the OG are done im going to use my bubble bags to make some hash i have two ways of making hash so was thinking about posting up those along with weight wet/dry and some other experiments just let me know what you guys would like to see. hope you all have a tokin good day.

Hey, things are looking pretty good. How do you like growing Vortex? How's she smoke? I'm waiting for her in the mail right now along with some NL#5 and Black Queen =) Anything you could tell me about her would be great.

Hey, things are looking pretty good. How do you like growing Vortex? How's she smoke? I'm waiting for her in the mail right now along with some NL#5 and Black Queen =) Anything you could tell me about her would be great.
She is great she tends to stretch quite a bit so i think the best way to grow her out is to use the pinch technique. This is my first time topping her and using the pinch method so not sure how she will produce but when i use the pinch technique i usually get about 4 ounces off her. As far as the smoke gos its a wonderful high and a very sharp taste but i have noticed towards the end of the high it makes me really sleepy so i just take another toke or two and im good to go. the pheno type i got really does smell like baby poo but the OG tends to mask it a little bit.

Today is the first day of flowering for the OG and VORTEX. I just gave them a little nutes next time i water will just be ph water. Then im adding some pro bloom and some sweet along with the liquid karma and pro grow. Not much to report today i will be posting up pics Friday. Just a side note im taking clones of just the vortex this will be my last run with the OG i will be replacing it with some purple arrow i have done some research on her and all i can find is that she is a clone only from Seattle she is great for pain 5 out of 5 and very euphoric other then that not sure how she grows or anything else so we will she how she does next round i will be picking her up in a couple of weeks. I hope you all have a tokin day
:Namaste:

Well today was a busy day so i thought i just might as well write a update. Woke up to my girls smelling mighty fine and had to set up my clone room. I'm not keeping the OG so i just took clones from the vortex and i made some vortex hash. Today i finely got to smoke i usually take a tolerance brake every 3 months and dont smoke for a month. So im smoking some of the flower and feeling pretty good right now so this is the best time to write a in depth review. First is the smell its more like a jar full of spices with a hint of citrus but once you brake up the bud your nose is filled with this pungent smell still with the citrus. Now the taste its a very sharp taste kinda tastes like it smells but it definitely hits your pallet. The high is AMAZING one of my favs i took 2-3 bong tokes i was feeling the sativa in her. First thing i felt was that feeling when your at the top of a huge roller coaster and your looking down braising your self for impact. It makes you very talkative and as the high gos on you start to mellow out but still very alert and talkative by the end of the high i was very relaxed and ready to melt into the couch and watch a movie. Well i took some pics so i hope you all enjoys and like always hope you have a tokin good day.
100_22302.JPG
100_22332.JPG

Looks and sounds amazing. My beans finally got her, so they'll hopefully be up tomorrow or the day after. What method did you use for your hash?

just caught this thread..good result, learn to drop the fan on em next time too..purple arrow sounds an interesting strain, must be great living somewhere you can enjoy your hobby free of fear of persecution, you guys need to start strain breeding programs out there
oh what i could do with a polytunnel..

Looks and sounds amazing. My beans finally got her, so they'll hopefully be up tomorrow or the day after. What method did you use for your hash?

That's good to hear hope you like how she turns out. This method is just the normal way with the bubble bags i believe i used 73 micron bag on this one.

just caught this thread..good result, learn to drop the fan on em next time too..purple arrow sounds an interesting strain, must be great living somewhere you can enjoy your hobby free of fear of persecution, you guys need to start strain breeding programs out there
oh what i could do with a polytunnel..
Welcome eye. just a update on the purple arrow will not be apart of my room yet the clones turned bad so its just better to go over to Seattle one of these weekends and pick some healthy clones up. i forgot to mention in the start of this thread that im a mmj patient have been one for about 2 years now. its great that we as Washingtonians that 21+ can smoke but this new law does not allow people to grow just to posses it and only up to one ounce better then nothing right lol. MMJ patients can grow up to 15 plants and have up to 24 ounces and when we transport our product we can have no more then 2 ounces. as patients we have way better rights plus this law doesn't affect us as patients.

Its been a little over a week since they have been in flowering. They both have white hairs all over i will try to get some close up shots of them next week. They should be starting growing buds by then and that's when things start to take off. I have notice the smell is over powering so i mixed up a 2 cups of ona and a 1/2 cup of water that has covered up the fresh plant smell but as the buds start to come in i will have to add more ona. Everything seems to be coming along nicely i have put some panda on some cardboard to make a makeshift wall to inclose around the light to help keep the light around the plants this is why i love the t5's they do not get very hot. there is not much else going on.. one thing i was thinking is getting some TGA jack skellington his NEW strain and some plush berry but those are things to come. Here is some pictures hope you all enjoy as always. First is the OG and then the VORTEX
100_23043.JPG
100_23094.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom