Soil - White Widow - LED - Grow Journal - 2010

Hephner

Hi Everyone,
Hephner here and I recently became a medical patient and this is my first grow ever. I am attempting a stealthy closet grow and need as much help as possible. first off lets lay out some of the details.

Cabinet: Height 71" With 24" Depth 17" Mylar lined
Intake: Passive
Exhaust: 4" Vortex fan with VSC-DNe (day/night variable speed fan controller) and a organic Air charcoal fiber filter 4" (current running temps are 73low 79 high)
Lighting: Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting Spectra 180watt (paid full retail value)
Nutes: Roots Excelurator , Bat Guano
Water: R.O. water
Medium: some standard potting soil i had lying around and ~75% pearlite in a 3 gal Bucket
Strain: 1 white widow clone from my local dispensary
thank you everyone who takes the time to read my journal and any input is greatly appreciated as i am very new to this.:thanks:

So i would like to start off with a review of Welcome to Grow LED Hydro - LED Grow Lights - Hydroponics - Plant Lighting upon deciding to order a 180watt Spectra LED light i wrote Mike an email and received a prompt response to all my questions. after hearing back from mike so quickly i decided to place my order, after i placed it i was experiencing some website difficulty as i was not able to log on and check the status of my light. So i wrote mike another email and i did not receive a response but instead pay-pal linked me my tracking number so i assume that was him. a few days later (item arrived in less then a week) i was up and running with my new light. My first impression out of the box i was impressed and i still am at the moment this appears to be a well built piece of equipment.

Now lets post some photos of the closet and Veg starting 8/4/10
IMAG0115_copy.jpg

IMAG0116_copy.jpg

I had the light a little high the first day to acclimate the plant from florescent lighting to LED
IMAG0120_copy.jpg

this light often hurts my eyes its so bright this photo does not do justice
IMAG0123_copy.jpg

IMAG0125_copy.jpg

Incase your curious that little round thing is Orgonite (Orgone Innovations | Harmonizing Positivity) that stuff does some crazy things.
IMAG0129_copy.jpg

IMG_7284_copy.jpg

Does this look like a preflower to you guys?
IMG_7325_copy.jpg

new air system installed
IMG_7327_copy.jpg

First application of Roots Excelurator as a Foliage spray and in a watering(8/12/10)
IMG_7342_copy.jpg

IMG_7343_copy.jpg

and this is my most recent 2 photos from today (8/13/10)

what does everyone think? thanks again for taking the time to read my journal!

So earlier this week i was looking at ------------s profile and saw in his grow he said.
Mikes_quote.jpg

so after reading the part about the glass i decided to go ahead and email mike (8/5/10) to see if he still stood by keeping the warranty. well i got impatient and decided to take it out tonight let me know if you guys can see a difference keep in mind this is the same day as the last 2 pics above 8/13/10.
IMG_7352_copy.jpg

IMG_7350_copy.jpg

Got a reply from Mike at GrowLEDHydro on a Sunday those guys are working hard over there, anyways they still honor the warranty so i am very happy. Hoping to have a new round of photos up Friday.

i had a feeling he would.

dude i cant wait to see how that WW turns out for you, that strain kicks ass bro. such fat and frosty buds. next grow i am going to try to get some Black Widow and grow it under my 1080w of leds and see what happens.

IMO these leds make the buds grow more frosty then other light sources, if i am right? then your gonna have some crazy frosty buds:thumb:

Haha awesome dude i cant wait to see your BW grow. I did a little more genetic research after reading your comment:

"Vegetative Time: At least 2 to 4 weeks if on Bio. On Hydro it is only recommended to grow it for 2 weeks.

Flowering Time: On both mediums it is suggested to flower (12 hour light) the White Widow for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lights off altogether - or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower...try it!

Type: Indica - Sativa (40:60)
Yield: 450 gr/m2
Plant height: 35 - 60 cm
Flowering time: 8 weeks"

Well this morning after checking on my girl to see if she needed some water i saw this funky leaf formation. Is this something to worry about?
IMAG01531.jpg

VVV Got my Sig working!

Haha awesome dude i cant wait to see your BW grow. I did a little more genetic research after reading your comment:

"Vegetative Time: At least 2 to 4 weeks if on Bio. On Hydro it is only recommended to grow it for 2 weeks.

Flowering Time: On both mediums it is suggested to flower (12 hour light) the White Widow for 8 weeks, but 10 weeks will really give you the crystals you are after. We suggest the final 2 weeks of the flowering cycle to turn the lights off altogether - or at least down to 8 hours. This keeps the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of goodness as crystal to protect the flower...try it!

Type: Indica - Sativa (40:60)
Yield: 450 gr/m2
Plant height: 35 - 60 cm
Flowering time: 8 weeks"

Well this morning after checking on my girl to see if she needed some water i saw this funky leaf formation. Is this something to worry about?
IMAG01531.jpg

VVV Got my Sig working!

ya some say to leave it in the dark but some say dont because they will fatten up the last 2 week with the lights, they were the ones that had colas the size of their arms.lol

i wouldn't worry about the twisting, keep an eye on it and see how it looks in a few days. ive never worried about them

ya some say to leave it in the dark but some say dont because they will fatten up the last 2 week with the lights, they were the ones that had colas the size of their arms.lol

i wouldn't worry about the twisting, keep an eye on it and see how it looks in a few days. ive never worried about them

well then the question is WWIBD(what would IrishBoy do?) haha do you choose to cut back(or off) the light or just let them finish on 12/12?

well funny thing happed today, i saw some Hindu Skunk clones calling my name and one of them caught my eye and well.. i gave in. what is everyones thoughts am i overcrowding my grow room? If not was it correct of me to pot/raise the Hindu to be at a similar height as the WW?
IMG_7430_copy.jpg

IMG_7432_copy.jpg

Also this is a little stand i made to keep my Intake vent from being obstructed and no its not held together by duct tape thats just covering the sharp metal ends from cutting up my plastic liner.

very nice choice, i love the HS very nice plant to grow. but ya things are kinda small in that room but you just have to flower them sooner and call the smaller HS yield just a bonus smoke. yes it was a good idea to raise the HS to the WW. you always want an even canopy when ever possible.

both of those strains stretch allot in flower. spically in warmer temps

very nice choice, i love the HS very nice plant to grow. but ya things are kinda small in that room but you just have to flower them sooner and call the smaller HS yield just a bonus smoke. yes it was a good idea to raise the HS to the WW. you always want an even canopy when ever possible.

both of those strains stretch allot in flower. spically in warmer temps

cool thanks for the tips man i was thinking of flowering them as soon as i get them to this line and get the tops into a pretty much even canopy. the top temps this plant will experience is 81F. if you don't mind helping a nooby out do these seem proportionate?
Heights.png

Sick! New led grow! Love watching those things do what they do. I can't wait to see what the 180 can do with more than one plant. I'm in the same boat so good I can have somebody to compare to. U ever think of added cfl's? I know I will need it because I'm goin to try about 4-6 plants in mine. If I can get that far :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom