SoilGuy's LED Indoor Soil Grow, Easy Ryder & Diesel Ryder

SoilGuy

Hey 420Magazine Forum,

This is my first grow in awhile so please give me all your comments, suggestions, and questions.

This is an indoor organic soil grow in a Growlabs GL40

The soil is Fox Farms Ocean mix 100%

Nutrients are still up in the air. Will either be Canna or Advanced Nutrients (possibly Fox Farms if I hear more good stuff about them)

Seeds/Genetics are from Joint Doctors Lowryders, 5 X Easy Ryders and 5 X Diesel Ryders. For this grow I intend to germinate 2 of each making 4 total.

Lights will be GrowLEDHydro spectra 120watt LED grow light.

Currently, my setup is together minus my charcoal filter (should be here in a few days) and my light (should be here 2-3 weeks).

I ordered my seeds through Attitude (because they are a sponsor here) and they were amazingly fast. I was concerned being an United States customer that I'd have problems but I had none at all.

I'll keep you all updated as I go through the process of waiting for my lights. Thanks for reading and keep on growing :hookah:

- SoilGuy

Hey soil guy!!

:welcome: to the forums! I cant wait to see this grow come together. I wish you the best with your up coming ventures. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask around, every one here is more than happy to help!

Hey ItsChrome, thanks for the welcome. Glad you are on board for this grow :smokin:

I had a couple questions/thoughts for anyone.

I'm considering adding perlite to my soil mix and going 75% fox farms ocean and 25% perlite. Also was considering vermiculite. Any suggestions or recommendations to which i should use and to what ratio?

Also, still haven't decided between Canna or Advanced Nutrients...

Update on equipment: I have the tracking number for the charcoal filter and I contacted Mike at GrowLEDHydro to confirm my shipping address and he emailed me back promptly. Looking forward to using GLH's LEDs as the service I have received from Mike has been excellent and I'm excited to try LED's for the first time.

Currently in the process of moving my setup but when its back together I'll take pictures and post them. Should be a day or two.

Thanks for reading! :roorrip:

rsz_1img_0206.jpg

Now this should be interesting. I can't wait to see pictures of the lights, especially since I'm hoping to upgrade to LED's after my first harvest :dreamy:

I've got some thoughts for your fertilizer brainstorm, though you should keep in mind that I'm a hydro guy.

Advanced Nutrients are in my opinion, and from what I can gather, the breakthrough company to really raise the bar in quality formula targeting cannabis. However, since then everyone else has caught up and more companies are replicating equally good nutrient solution. Companies like Fox Farm have made it easier to manage because they have fewer product lines and simpler feeding schedules. I personally use Fox Farm so I would strongly recommend checking out their website and clicking the feeding schedule link at the bottom. Then if you want you can check out Advanced Nutrients' page and see if you don't get worn out reading the descriptions of each of their dozens of products trying to decide what exactly you need and if you should be concerned about over fertilizing from mixing them. Plus each bottle of Fox Farm costs less, so I end up saving a bunch in the long run. Buying fewer bottles each at a lower individual cost for an equally good product swayed me.

Hope I was of some help and I look forward to watching your grow progress.

Hey there soilguy, here's to a speedy delivery of your equipment and a smooth start to your grow....
First off... FOX FARM LIQUID NUTE LINE is NOT organic, Check out the "Roots" and the "Earth Juice" line-ups, they have been treating me pretty well... They are much easier on the pocket book then some of your other choices...

I've been very curious about "auto-flower" seeds. Since they flower no matter the length of light cycle, a typical flowering cycle of 12/12 seems like a possible waste of grow time. What is the optimal light timing to have them on?

Best of luck on this!

This will be awesome to watch :popcorn:

Love these auto grows, can't wait to get started!

SG

Thanks Sanibel, I can't wait either :)

Now this should be interesting. I can't wait to see pictures of the lights, especially since I'm hoping to upgrade to LED's after my first harvest

I've got some thoughts for your fertilizer brainstorm, though you should keep in mind that I'm a hydro guy.

Advanced Nutrients are in my opinion, and from what I can gather, the breakthrough company to really raise the bar in quality formula targeting cannabis. However, since then everyone else has caught up and more companies are replicating equally good nutrient solution. Companies like Fox Farm have made it easier to manage because they have fewer product lines and simpler feeding schedules. I personally use Fox Farm so I would strongly recommend checking out their website and clicking the feeding schedule link at the bottom. Then if you want you can check out Advanced Nutrients' page and see if you don't get worn out reading the descriptions of each of their dozens of products trying to decide what exactly you need and if you should be concerned about over fertilizing from mixing them. Plus each bottle of Fox Farm costs less, so I end up saving a bunch in the long run. Buying fewer bottles each at a lower individual cost for an equally good product swayed me.

Hope I was of some help and I look forward to watching your grow progress.

Thanks for joining psyence.

My main reason for deciding on Advanced Nutrients is what Irie also noted. Fox Farms and Canna do not offer an organic nutrient line. But you are right about the price, Advanced Nutrients is a lot more expensive. Because of this I'll probably just use the Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom and the Vitamin B. Maybe I'll pick something else up as well. Either way, next grow I will add on to my Advanced Nutrients line to complete it. Also, I am familiar with and have used Advanced Nutrients products in the past so I'm comfortable with using them.

Hey there soilguy, here's to a speedy delivery of your equipment and a smooth start to your grow....
First off... FOX FARM LIQUID NUTE LINE is NOT organic, Check out the "Roots" and the "Earth Juice" line-ups, they have been treating me pretty well... They are much easier on the pocket book then some of your other choices...

I'll check those out, thanks for the heads up. Know anything about soil mixes? I want to add perlite to my fox farms ocean forest mix but wasn't sure on a good ratio. I was thinking 75/25 ffof/perlite

I've been very curious about "auto-flower" seeds. Since they flower no matter the length of light cycle, a typical flowering cycle of 12/12 seems like a possible waste of grow time. What is the optimal light timing to have them on?

Best of luck on this!

This will be awesome to watch

Thanks endive, glad to have you here :smokin:

From the research I've done, it seems that people vary between a 18/6 and a 20/4 light schedule. However, I've also read about people having to induce their "autoflowering" strains into flowering by switching to 12/12 and I've also heard people have gone 24 on the whole time with no problems. I've never grown autoflowering plants before so I plan on going 18/6 and switching to 12/12 only if i have to.

:roorrip:

yea....yeaaaah that's what's up!

Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates, here's the latest.

I've been waiting for my growLEDhydro spectra 120 to arrive. Recently contacted them and i should have tracking information in 7 days, probably will arrive here within 2 weeks i'd guess.

As soon as the lights arrive i'll germinate my seeds, take some pics of day 1, and we'll get this started!
:roorrip:

Great looking soil heard great things about Ocean Forest, that light needs to get here!

SG

Ocean Forest is good stuff, used it before with excellent results. Highly recommend.

I know, I hope my light comes soon, still no word on a tracking number or when it will arrive.

Very interested in this, I want to see some other diesel ryder grows for sure. Mine went crazy and exploded all over the place, I want to see if you get yours to stay short and thick with one main cola, like advertised, so I can figure out why mine are acting so differently.

Hey basement grow, thanks for stopping in :smokin:

Yea, I'm really hoping that they grow into one main cola.

Looks good brotha. I'm using the same type of charcoal air filter, so hopefully it works well in flower. I took the glass off of my 180w, so consider that once it arrives. Hope those seeds are germ'n so you can get on your way. Subscribed!

Back
Top Bottom