Solar Bowls - Smoking up with sunlight is the purest way to go!

No bro, I don't. It's all faulty logic subjectively abstracted from a psychosomatic perception that it's healthier because it tastes better and feels more natural/pure.

ya it tastes better and feels more natural b/c it is better for you .. your not inhaling the butane and flint from your lighter .. as for the natural stove .. for one nothing to do with butane and 2 are u inhaling the gass fumes from your stove as u cook ? you may want to have better evidenced to support your findings .

Not quite man. You're not inhaling butane because it's burned up and creates water vapor and carbon dioxide! The only way you would inhale butane is if you inhale as you fail to ignite the lighter, which is easily avoidable.
Some of the earth metals contained within an ignition flint are low to moderately toxic in much much higher concentrations found within the flint (while others are even harmless enough to use in braces). Furthermore the flint is ignited for less than a second, even if it did emit a harmful amount of anything you wouldn't even get the chance to inhale it.

Like I said; I don't doubt this tastes better than using a lighter but it is what it is and repeating what someone else said doesn't refute anything that I've said. Provide me with a link from the EPA that indicates how use of a butane lighter causes a considerable amount of ecological or physiological distress and I'll stop smoking forever.

i am just saying if i can taste the difference i know i am inhaling something thats coming from that lighter and there are only two things in the thing both not good but thanks for your info you sound like you may know what your talking about . Also why does it make your last few hits taste like crap when using a lighter ?>

i am just saying if i can taste the difference i know i am inhaling something thats coming from that lighter and there are only two things in the thing both not good but thanks for your info you sound like you may know what your talking about . Also why does it make your last few hits taste like crap when using a lighter ?>

I because the much wider and hotter flame from the lighter would burn the plant material much faster and that's what you're inhaling more of towards the end of a bowl. It can be somewhat diminished by frequently cleaning out your bowl and sifting the ash off of the unspent bud.

Just curious because I don't have my grow room set up yet. Has anyone ever tried using the light from their HPS or MH lights with the magnifying glass? If this were possible, then you could do it in the privacy of your grow room.

I'm impressed with all the smart stoners here! This is one of the most informative threads I've read so far. I'm interested in trying this method since I've never heard it until now. But I tend to agree that it would take a longer period of time to get high from a solor bowl. I have no doubt that the sun could sufficiently heat the weed, but the process would require more patience than I have, but I'll try it anyhow.

If you have ever played with sunlight and a magnifying glass, then you know quickly you can heat a single spot. It doesn't take long at all.

It may take at least slightly longer if the temperature has to reach 400 degrees in order to heat the THC. I still think it's worth trying..hopefully, I can find a magnifying glass!

Late bump I know, but just a friendly reminder. Beauty day outside here, give this a shot. There seem to be some skeptics in this thread... 1 or 2 solar hits will convince them all. It's easy, and works gangbusters. You want science? Experiment yourself.

Peace.

Yea. Make a trip to your local dollar store and then to your local park.
I dunno if it gets me higher than usual, but certainly tastes waaaaay better.
If anything the less harsh taste leads to bigger hits I would imagine.

this is an AWESOME way to smoke. ive been smoking like this with a friend of mine since it started to get warm out a few weeks ago. if you can get your bong outside, that's the way to go.
just be careful where you leave the magnifying glass at the end of your session. i almost got burnt to a crisp one day...

Back
Top Bottom