Solar Son's 4x4 600 Watt MH/HPS Soiless: Jamaican Dream, Seed To Bud

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::rofl:
Now now, I know I have been like a kid on Christmas :p

Monday October 29th - Germination Day 2

Good evening from the North!
Had our first snowfall that actually had accumulation. Made the morning walk with the dogs so calm and peaceful; the sun rising, a light coating of snow on the pines.....

In other news, germination day 2 was amazing. I got my shipment of Voodoo Juice in. (I decided to run this AN product, as Emerald Harvests "Root Wizard" is not available North of the boarder :(

Picked up a bag of Fox Farm Ocean Soil as well.
To resolve my heat issues I picked up a T5HO HD fixture and bulb. It throws 2000 lumens and is 6500k spectrum.

Once I flip to my 600w MH, I will have a 6" inline turning the air at about 420ish cfm. Say goodbye heat worries, that fan with the oscillating fan will hopefully do the job turning the air in the tent about 4 times a minute if my calculation was right :hmmmm:

Pictures to come will show my solo cups with DIY "mini domes". I have them sitting on hydraton so that the cups won't sit in any stagnant water as the tray did not have any channels for that.
The hydraton also gave me a bigger foot print to place the solo cups over the recessed base of the saucer. I also plan on adding water to the hydraton bed should I need to raise my humidity at any point during this phase.

The cups are basic, 4 drain holes with slits all along the bottom edge. There is a bit of hydraton at the bottom of the solo Cup to ensure good drainage. The seeds have been placed tap root facing up to get a good start!

I placed my germination "table" utop a reversed saucer (15" diameter corner to corner if anyone is curious) to keep my ladies off the floor to avoid a possible chill.

My humidity in the tent is at around 80, and temps 24-24.5, in a few days once the shoot pops I will remove the mini domes and monitor the humidity as needed making adjustments as the ladies progress.

I think that is all for now. Next update to come once they break ground.

I plan to top twice, as well as using LST to shape them to fill out the SCORG and finish the training with some super cropping to ensure a nice even canopy.

Hahaha no I squeezed orange in the snow ball, Brodie loves it :)
Oh good one...you even had him fooled. When we get enough snow here I toss it high in the air and it gets buried. He spends a huge amount of time snorting snow trying to find it. Cute as heck.

Hahaha I have a mental pic... My German shepard was the same.
He loved it so much, I didn't even have to throw his ball, pretending was enough and he'd jump in...
Sheps are awesome. I see them in training at the Police facilties which are obstacle courses in select areas. Really awesome to watch and better now that I can smoke a blunt and watch!! I love Canada!

Labs and sheps where always my favourites, then collie.
I did training on him as well. He wouldn't leave my side unless I told him to.
That was good to have, when he hid his leach and wanted to go for a walk lol

My girls, 2 of them first showed signs of breaking ground early yesterday afternoon. By last night I think it was 3 above ground, this morning all are above ground. My lil guy is up and being a hellion tonight. He should be in bed by now!!! I will post the pics and an "update" a little later on.

I have the 600 watt MH on standby for veg. I am thinking of trying to get another t5 fixture to daisy to this one, but I am lacking the $$$ right now LOL I think two in there under that wing would be perfect until the 600 watt.

Thoughts?

And we have birthday day party
:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::yahoo::slide::slide::slide::slide::slide::yahoo:it's a happy feeling every time.
Go put the little one in bed, hugs from me to him. :hug:
And A sweet dog avatar :love:

Go with what lights you have, I have to leave behind 4 of those with tubes...
But, better safe than sorry, I just wished I could send them to you.
Did any of the seedlings pop up with a shell/helmet?

Did any of the seedlings pop up with a shell/helmet?

No, they all popped ground with the coty leaves seperation shelless. My planting method was to put the seed in the FFOF with the tap root pointing UP.

This allowed gravity to work it's magic and forced the coty shoot to twist upward instead of just shooting up twoard the sun! The U-turn and medium work together to remove that :)

I just wished I could send them to you.

You and I both!!

You are too kind Ms. Birdie

Back
Top Bottom