Soldier bugs are welcomed here

So do they get stuck in the trichomes almost like a fly trap? I was curious about this for a while now. How long do they live? Is this sugar solution all they need to survive?
Questions, Questions, Questions... LOL

I was playing with the puppy in the front lawn the other day and saw some lady bugs fornicating in the turf, I almost scooped them up and and moved them inside! I knew they would love the pot condo but I couldn't bring myself to interrupt the "splendor in the grass". I should have it's getting cold up here and the fungus gnats just won't go all the way away! Cheers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

I got mine. Thru the mail, ordered from amazon shipping is bit pricey but worth it. All arrived alive and hungry.” Naturesgoodguys” with first class shipping they arrived quickly and in good order. Chow for now.

So do they get stuck in the trichomes almost like a fly trap? I was curious about this for a while now. How long do they live? Is this sugar solution all they need to survive?
No....not stuck but they luv to eat pollen as well as insects and climb up my plants looking for food of any kind. Spray sugar water on plants lightly at lights out, for best results.

I was playing with the puppy in the front lawn the other day and saw some lady bugs fornicating in the turf, I almost scooped them up and and moved them inside! I knew they would love the pot condo but I couldn't bring myself to interrupt the "splendor in the grass". I should have it's getting cold up here and the fungus gnats just won't go all the way away! Cheers mate, gl to your grow! :yahoo:
Ladybugs reproduce at a amazing rate, they lay eggs.

I was always curious about helpful bugs. I never had a need as of yet "Knock on wood". Because of this I pretty sure I see them as pets more than anything LOL. Kind of like a guard dog in the yard. I never thought they would have enough food to survive. Forgot about the fungus gnats. With my luck they would move into the living room and take over the TV LMAO.

I found som outside my grow closet in the house no biggie. I haven’t even seen a fruit fly all summer.
They’re really cleaning up the place. And yes they like the nature channel. Later gator

I have a few hundred in my room.
546C490C-9DE8-4A3A-8723-3E7DBF4D76EC.jpeg

C9AA8518-ACF2-4FA9-84B1-746D0150C83D.jpeg

There just my girls, I treat them with respect, ladybugs I mean, I’ve had a first hand experience with the
Borg on my first indoor grow 6 years ago.It taught me well young Jedi.... how to deal with bugs of most types now for me it’s more about prevention than treating infestations after damage is seen.

I was curious if the larvae would eat cannabis, but a quick internet search says generally no. I suppose the ladybugs give you a good excuse to wash your buds though.

I try to take as many off as posable to leave in my grow room before harvesting. Since I do a staged grow I always have something growen witch the ladybugs like and keep their tummies happy.

the fungus gnats just won't go all the way away!

i hung one of these no pest strips inside the veg room. killed all the fliers within 48 hrs. leaves only the pests in the soil stage to deal with. greatly simplifies dealing with critters. have read claims it is effective for mites as well, but not real sure on that.

big downside is it works by off gassing serious chemicals.

0593601_1?wid=225&hei=225.jpg

Stay away from That s#*t, it will seep out and give u cancer. Oh it works good at killing any type of bug u got. It permeates, good for crawl space or attic or sheds. Imho

Stay away from That s#*t, it will seep out and give u cancer. Oh it works good at killing any type of bug u got. It permeates, good for crawl space or attic or sheds. Imho
yes. definitely limit your exposure.

it's not something you want to just hang up and forget.
would reconsider use if you are not venting direct to outdoor.

Back
Top Bottom