Solo Cup Competition: No Prizes, Just Some Fun!

BubbleBucketz

Alright everyone.....As the title says, Solo Cup Competition. There will be NO PRIZES AWARDED! However, the reward is some flower to smoke and some fun with learning along the way. Rules are very simple....start it in a Solo cup.....finish it in a Solo cup. Most standard cups are 16oz and can be found basically at any Dollar store around you. I am not starting the grow as of yet as I want to allow other members some time to prepare or join. Below I'll post the rules and I am sure they are straight forward and very easy.

1. Solo Cups ONLY
2. Update with picture at least once a week
3. Allow entered members to decide on a flip date for all growers entered
4. No clones. Must be started from seed.
5. If you do decide to enter....please provide strain name AND your grow info *Example* ( White Widow, Fox Farm Soil and Nutrients, Mars-Hydro Sp-250 )
6. Keep it fun and friendly

That is all I have for now...Like I said, I want to allow a few days before starting this up to allow other time to join and prepare. Below is a picture of one of my old Solo cup grows.
solos4.jpg

I'm in for the show. But not the grow :laughtwo: I don't think I have the patience for a solo cup grow :D
lol all good my friend. Thanks for stopping in. I have always done them on the side to help me learn different things and how the plant reacts to certain things done to them. They aren't to bad at first....but I am sure you know where I am going with that lol

How do you keep them from getting root bound and unhappy. I'm use to running small pots, well small to some, #3's
They do get root bound and there's not much you can do about it. Maybe trim the roots? Anyways, They are fairly easy but they consume more attention. Daily waterings and such when she gets bigger.

Alright everyone.....As the title says, Solo Cup Competition. There will be NO PRIZES AWARDED! However, the reward is some flower to smoke and some fun with learning along the way. Rules are very simple....start it in a Solo cup.....finish it in a Solo cup. Most standard cups are 16oz and can be found basically at any Dollar store around you. I am not starting the grow as of yet as I want to allow other members some time to prepare or join. Below I'll post the rules and I am sure they are straight forward and very easy.

1. Solo Cups ONLY
2. Update with picture at least once a week
3. Allow entered members to decide on a flip date for all growers entered
4. No clones. Must be started from seed.
5. If you do decide to enter....please provide strain name AND your grow info *Example* ( White Widow, Fox Farm Soil and Nutrients, Mars-Hydro Sp-250 )
6. Keep it fun and friendly

That is all I have for now...Like I said, I want to allow a few days before starting this up to allow other time to join and prepare. Below is a picture of one of my old Solo cup grows.
solos4.jpg
Hey bb I'll be sitting this one out but catch the next if going to happen
As ya no very keen on idea so I'll be pulling up a chair wish all who enter
The best of luck and happy growin cheers shot cup grow going along nicely by the way

I'm game. Now to decide if I should resurrect my Solo dwc setup or go soil. I'm sitting on a ton of LSD seeds so that's the strain I'll grow out.
IMG_20191006_172244895.jpg

Hey bb I'll be sitting this one out but catch the next if going to happen
As ya no very keen on idea so I'll be pulling up a chair wish all who enter
The best of luck and happy growin cheers shot cup grow going along nicely by the way
It's all good and thanks. That plant is actually going better then I expected it too. It's already too top heavy and tips over.

I'm game. Now to decide if I should resurrect my Solo dwc setup or go soil. I'm sitting on a ton of LSD seeds so that's the strain I'll grow out.
IMG_20191006_172244895.jpg
lol have you done a full grow in that yet? I bet they get pretty big.

No I never grew one to flower in that rig. That's why I'm tempted to do it.IMG_20191110_105800278.jpgIMG_20191105_200532705.jpg
That's as far as I got.

No I never grew one to flower in that rig. That's why I'm tempted to do it.
Only one problem....roots need to be contained within the cup. Sorry I should have said that as it would be extremely unfair to the soil growers. There's no actual prize or reward so if you want to run it anyways...it would still be very cool to see how the plant comes along. I use a sipper cup in my shot glass grow but I remove any roots that come out the bottom of the cup so it don't get a hydro like affect to the grow. I just use the sipper for extra water and nutrients as there's not much soil in a shot glass lol.

It's cool I'll run soil

The roots are technically contained in the one solo cup. The second cup is strictly a reservoir.

It's cool I'll run soil

The roots are technically contained in the one solo cup. The second cup is strictly a reservoir.
Oh........that's awesome. The way I was looking at it was the cup is more your mesh cup for stones and below is your actual res for the eventual roots. Very cool.

Yep solo cup shot glass for my netpot lolIMG_20191006_171427591.jpgIMG_20191006_165203467.jpgIMG_20191006_165120122.jpgIMG_20191006_165104370.jpg
I made a small one out of a coffee container but once I clear out some room I plan on making a 6 site bubble cloner. May have to steal this idea but add it to a larger plan.

Back
Top Bottom