Solo Grow Challenge 2014 - Preparation Thread

dont know man,never tried it.just pissing around with the 4 holes,cause I still haven't heard/read what the diameter must be.I do know that my "mod"class will be with r/w croutons

the others will be "super soil" type of medium,hell Ive never done a hempy,maybe I should give that one a whirl

Well that's a new one I've never heard. I set an elderly couple up with a bucket cloner, they use clonex gel, clonex nutrient and store bought water n they have great success. I've tried rock wool cubes, always had a problem with green algae and stems collapsing. Yeah my humidity was prob to high, or my cubes had light exposure but to me a well built bucket, 30 seconds of reading youll be cloning like a big dog. Hmmmmm maybe a lil side challenge, see who roots the best before planting.

dont know man,never tried it.just pissing around with the 4 holes,cause I still haven't heard/read what the diameter must be.I do know that my "mod"class will be with r/w croutons

the others will be "super soil" type of medium,hell Ive never done a hempy,maybe I should give that one a whirl

18oz is the rule for modified. Any shape u want that is no bigger then 18oz.

Well that's a new one I've never heard. I set an elderly couple up with a bucket cloner, they use clonex gel, clonex nutrient and store bought water n they have great success. I've tried rock wool cubes, always had a problem with green algae and stems collapsing. Yeah my humidity was prob to high, or my cubes had light exposure but to me a well built bucket, 30 seconds of reading youll be cloning like a big dog. Hmmmmm maybe a lil side challenge, see who roots the best before planting.

Just wait till the lucky conditions aren't there. I relied on bubble clones for a almost a year. Just wait till dead of winter if u get snow where your at and the bubble bucket drops a few degrees.
How long u been bubble bucket cloning? Or did I just make my point?

Also you're missing the sprit of this whole challenge. There is no contest, u want a contest go make one.

Clonex nutrient is your problem with rotten stems in rockwool. Too hot. That's probably why rockwool gave u issues. Light exposure?

Anyways each to his own. Dude came to ask I shall reply. It don't work for him u have it at. But barraging someone with a ton of info at once is a disaster waiting to happen. One thing at a time there tiger lol

Lol alright guys use common sense here. I stated 4 holes, but the bigger the hole, more chance u get roots growing out. And you will be disqualified for breaking the rules BTW. Just making sure everyone knows that. Not in my hands be in who's ever hands I appoint head judge. U see roots in any of my pics, call me on it! Cuz I'll do the same to you lol
Drainage holes are allowed, but not holes that essentially turn it into a netpot sitting in a try of solution hahah.

4 holes but roots must stay in cup, sounds pretty straight forward to me lol

Well then I'm in good shape then,I got the worst water in town hahahaha

I'm a 75% with Rockwool success person,don't know why,it just is.the only reason I started with them was
Changing to water growing instead of soil.I find them at times to be a hassle,either ya got it or ya don't kind of product IF my growing style did not dictate the use,not sure i would
Soil,jiffy,RR and my original clone ex cloner always 90+%

As stated before 2 years in bucket haven't lost a clone. Not 1. Anyways if ya wanna be butthurt about it I apologize. Did I mention I'm in the rockies, yeah we get winter here and its cold, not sure what that had to do with it as I keep my cloner inside, ya know where the cold n snow stay out. How many ideas have been thrown out on this tread, autos, modified, veg time, on n on. I mention a lil side "challenge" contest wtf is the difference n its a big deal? We are all trying to learn something here, maybe walk away with a bit of pride, anyways I will post pics of some roots around the 10th I had planned on it anyways. We can see for ourselves what works better, worse, or not at all.

I would like to say sorry again, I am a prick n that's awesome. I am known where I live as the go to guy with getting setup and fixing problems, I've heard every story I think at my place of employment "hydro supply store" and got a big head over the years, but that's the way life is sometimes. Every grow I do different trying to find the holy grail of organic growing, I dont say anything unless I've been there done that and experience the results first hand. Yes stumped your a ass in a hole, but that's why I like ya. This is your competition, I won't step on your toes. Just thought the rooting thing would be a friendly contest to give newbies a first hand look on cloning. Good luck everyone. I'll be back on the 1st, I'm going to go bugle some elk in n get my freezer full.

man,I wish I was elk hunting

for over 10 years,If I didn't kill it or grow it,we didn't eat,most of the reason,why I never name plants.or livestock.been 6 months on grocery store food,its killing me

Ohh come on,you dont love the taste of the cancer inducing preservative sprays?

Also you're missing the sprit of this whole challenge. There is no contest, u want a contest go make one.
Looser talk right there. Contest or not, I'm winning this thing ;)

Yesterday I built a small bubble cloner, trying to get my junk together for this years main event, The Contest, eh, sry, The Challenge! I'm up for a cloning challenge marz :D

here is my contest cutting donor.she is dying for a hair cut,cant wait

grandberry purple,I wont mention the breeder,I just hope not to get bent,very hermi prone I found out later
its the only thing thats in the flower time,I am also going to do some non contest jack herer cross,to see sex of the big plants.

DSC073332.JPG

nice going bitches lmfao,got one of the judges involved hahahahhaha

you hacks keep yer 3 gram plants,Im aiming for 3.5 suckas:cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom