Solocups First Aero Grow!

Update:

I had to go out of town for a few days so I decided to use a power strip with cfls when I was out to try and avoid burning my place down:).

The down side of using them in my setup was some stretch but the upside is my roots look a lot better.I will be adding an auxilery reservoir in 2 weeks when I have time.
solocup_007.JPG

With my H.I.D MH light if I bring it down I cook the roots and if I leave it up I get a lot of stretch:( Maybe a LED light system if I can find one that will cover a 3x3 and is under 400 bucks???

BigIrishDood
if that's how you spell it but anywho BID
is doing an ;led grow with a light from a 420 sponser
top led I think they mentioned something about the price being cheap
and hes liking it so far in veg if you haven't seen his journal you may want to see how his led grow is going
im using American made lights and they cost more from another sponsor on this site advanced led's
i like em i have no complaints cept the one which would be the price
oh yea Happy Stonerday:thumb:

BigIrishDood
if that's how you spell it but anywho BID
is doing an ;led grow with a light from a 420 sponser
top led I think they mentioned something about the price being cheap
and hes liking it so far in veg if you haven't seen his journal you may want to see how his led grow is going
im using American made lights and they cost more from another sponsor on this site advanced led's
i like em i have no complaints cept the one which would be the price
oh yea Happy Stonerday:thumb:

.After seeing dirty dans grow journal I am a believer in led technology!
I am going to go through the sponsors adds and pick one I have no choice due to temps going 15 degrees higher than ambient temps.
I thought I had it down when it was cooler outside for about a week or so but in the long run its going to be cheaper than running ac all the time.I bought one at a yard sale today for 20 bucks maybe I will try that until I can order a new one...Thanks for the help:)

Pick up a led light yesterday and installed it.
Its used and has 2 strips of leds not working but that is a power supply issue inside and I will address it in the fall.
Its 300 actual watts and bright!I know its old tech but I will give it a go anyway.288 leds

solocup_003.JPG

I left the brand name out of the picture.I think I read something about not doing that and I don't want to get timed out.
solocup_001.JPG

Here it is working and we will see how well it performs.

i don't think its an issue if its a sponsors product
they just don't like people advertising for non sponsors for this site
i mean if you mention what you use to grow and aren't advertising for a non sponsored product i don't think its a issue
maybe someone else can clarify further:thumb:

Happy Skunkday to ya solo

i don't think its an issue if its a sponsors product
they just don't like people advertising for non sponsors for this site
i mean if you mention what you use to grow and aren't advertising for a non sponsored product i don't think its a issue
maybe someone else can clarify further:thumb:

Happy Skunkday to ya solo

Thanks,

Just trying to stay within the guide lines.
next week it is calling for over 90 degrees where I am at.Any ideas on how to keep room/rez temps under control?
My new a/c unit is displaying an error so I wont have it until it gets warranty work.

worried,high of 98 on Tuesday!!!

And a happy SkunkDay to you:)

ouch
that is hot
and not having the ac isn't a help at all
its always warm here
a humid type of heat so it actually can feel hotter
i don't know what to say if the ac don't work maybe freeze some bottles with water
like 2 ltr bottles or 1 ltr bottles then throw em in the res one at a time when ones nearly melted throw another one in and throw the melted one back in the freezer so you can have a rotation and theres always an ice bottle in the res cooling it, check temps to see how many bottles you need to put in, you want it cool but not too cold:thumb:

Question:

Are my plants looking nitrogen defficiant?

My ppm is around 350 I didn't up the nutrients because I had more clones to put in after they rooted.
Ph is Around 6(yellow) on my liquid test.
I am changing nutes today and going with 3 gallons full strength and 2 just ph'd.
My nutients call for 1100 ppm in veg but I am working up to that and what I am going after today will bring me to around 660.

Is this a good idea?
solocup_0141.JPG

trying to do a perpetual sog but running into time and room issues.
I will be vegging for another week and taking clones for moms today,then the flip to 12/12!

Yea WHat KJC said
honestly tho for me I just go by the chart I have
I don't even check ppm only ph altho I do not add anything during the week but plain phed water
manufacturer recommends 25% when adding during the week
I used to add but now just plain ph water
part of it is if its doing fine why add more then I spend more to buy more nutes
so I can add more so I can well you get the idea im a tight wad lol

Thanks for the info:)

I have been doing something like that.The manufacture recommends 1100 ppm in veg so I started out with 2 gallons @ full strength and 3 gallons phed and this week I am running 3 @ full strength an 2 phed for a ppm of 660.Next week it will be 4 and 1 and and then I am flipping the lights.Well as soon as my screen is filled which I added yesterday.The first week of flower should be @ full strength when I get there.

I also added a 41 watt air pump to combat root rot that I was getting after using fish tank pumps,or maybe I had a light leak but both issues fixed.Also added orca premium liquid Mycorrhizae that I got for free!It is a demo 6 oz bottle courtesy of my local hydro shop.

Will post pics as soon as I can get in there and turn the led light off so you can see whats going on.

Thanks for the info KJC and Chronic...

great weekend to you solo
must be Friday there by now
of course its still Thursday here lol

Thanks.I picked up a new type of mister today and when I get a chance to put the system together I will be switching it back to aero.It requires no water pump just air!!That should help me keep my rez temps down.I bought the buckets and lids today and I just have to buy another grow tent so I don't have to move my screen.and happy frieday to you aswell chronic and thanks for the help so far...Solo

Heres a mini update anyway.

ph 5.8 thanks to my new bluelab ph pen
rez temp 80 and I cant get it any lower because of the scrog screen,but the roots are white due to beneficial bacteria and super bubbles.
I thinks its affecting the rate of growth though or its the junk oldschool led light.I am thinking about running mh again and running @ night to keep it under control...

To me this doesn't look like good growth for 15 days from roots
solocup_012.JPG

I cant get any water bottles into it now so I am going to have to figure out another way.

And the temps in the grow room.In is out and out is in...Easy to read without opening up the tent
solocup_0071.JPG

That's it for now.

looks good man I wouldn't worry too much about how big it is
you could next time before you start put you bucket in a bin or something and then you can cool the bucket from the outside
just a thought:thumb:

That's a good idea.I am thinking about buying a 1/10 hp but with a flower and a veg tent coming soon I would have to decide which run to run.It will start to get cooler soon where I live so I just have to wait.I keep my place at 68 degrees all fall/winter/spring and a air cooled hood will also help when I go back to HID which will be very soon:)

here is what I am using on my next grow its a dewey mister.I would use it now but cant get the scrog open now.It will save a lot of nutes and sprays the roots using an air pump:):):)
solocup_028.JPG

I hooked it up and got water all over the floor,gotta put the lid on first next time...

Back
Top Bottom