Solocups First Aero Grow!

Happy SkunkDay to you to Chronic.

I have 5 of those misters so when I get the other tent I will be using 3 gallon buckets for my veg and the rest for flowering.Or I might just run 2 scrogs and offset the harvest by 4 weeks:)

well,

My plants are looking ok,but I am running into a problem with the scrog screen pushing up.I shouldn't have used fishing line in the first place...I tied a few down and the last one(on the left) popped through the bucket lid down into the reservoir so I went into panic mode to retrieve it!!!

I will be using preformed net cup bucket lids from now on.I would use them now as I already have them but the roots are tangled.

The plants are looking pal and its time for a nutrient change.

When should I change to 12/12?
I have taken a lot of fan leaves off to allow light to reach the growing tips over the last 3 days.
I also think I am going to remove the screen as its not doing any good.Maybe I should just tie branches down and next time build a solid screen...
solocup_018.JPG

Oh and happy Tuesday to you:) (the smiley face is the only one I know how to do)

Most people change to 12/12 depending on how much space they have left in the grow room. A typical sativa plant will grow 2-3x the size it was in veg when switched to flower, and an indica will grow 1.5-2x. Those numbers are very rough estimates though, as you can contain the plant with various growing methods (for example how you're scrogging).

Another way to tell if your plants are 'ready to flower' is if they are showing alternating nodes (the nodes are no longer parallel) or if it is showing pre-flowers. That is usually nature's way of saying they are ready for 12/12.

I would say, if you think you still have the space then keep on vegging! Nothing wrong with it. I've read numerous journals where vegging an extra 1-2 weeks really impacted the end yield weight.

I was personally going to switch my plants to 12/12 almost two weeks ago, and I am really glad I let them veg a little longer. Not only are the side shoots starting to catch up to the top (to make more of a candelabra), but I have pre-flowers on all of my plants now.

Most people change to 12/12 depending on how much space they have left in the grow room. A typical sativa plant will grow 2-3x the size it was in veg when switched to flower, and an indica will grow 1.5-2x. Those numbers are very rough estimates though, as you can contain the plant with various growing methods (for example how you're scrogging).

Another way to tell if your plants are 'ready to flower' is if they are showing alternating nodes (the nodes are no longer parallel) or if it is showing pre-flowers. That is usually nature's way of saying they are ready for 12/12.

I would say, if you think you still have the space then keep on vegging! Nothing wrong with it. I've read numerous journals where vegging an extra 1-2 weeks really impacted the end yield weight.

I was personally going to switch my plants to 12/12 almost two weeks ago, and I am really glad I let them veg a little longer. Not only are the side shoots starting to catch up to the top (to make more of a candelabra), but I have pre-flowers on all of my plants now.

Thanks,thats what I was looking for...Mine already had preflowers because I pulled the clones off a plant I had outside.I cant use a screen on this grow now because my net cups are too small and are turning sideways and falling through.Live and learn.I cant transplant now because of the massive root tangle.I will let them go for a couple more weeks if I can but even tieing them over causes problems with my net cups..Almost seems like a lost cause on this setup from my cheap construction.

u2 chronic:)

My plants are really growing now!
thanks to ice bottles,a ph pen and your advice.

Glad I could help
Happy Freeweed day:thumb:

When you are tying your plants down, are you using an anchor? Not sure what you mean by "it causes problems with my net cups" but if they are being pulled out/sideways by the force of the plant, there may not be enough force holding the plant to the pot.

If the stem is being bent in one direction, it needs an "anchor" to hold it in the direction it originally wanted to go, especially when the plants are big.

There are some pictures on this thread that show how to make sure the plant is anchored. (control+f search "anchor")
How early can you start Low Stress Training - LST?

In those pictures, you will see the red wire is acting against the force of the black wire which is doing all of the bending.

When you are tying your plants down, are you using an anchor? Not sure what you mean by "it causes problems with my net cups" but if they are being pulled out/sideways by the force of the plant, there may not be enough force holding the plant to the pot.

If the stem is being bent in one direction, it needs an "anchor" to hold it in the direction it originally wanted to go, especially when the plants are big.

There are some pictures on this thread that show how to make sure the plant is anchored. (control+f search "anchor")
How early can you start Low Stress Training - LST?

In those pictures, you will see the red wire is acting against the force of the black wire which is doing all of the bending.

That's a good idea...Thank you.

They are grtting big for my setup and a anchor point would help a lot:)
heres a new pic
solocup_021.JPG

and of the roots...they were white until nute change,I think its dark from the b1 but it will clear up in a couple of days.
solocup_0151.JPG
and happy stonerday to you and chronic:) :}

Just tried to anchor it with no luck.I think I cut the holes in the lid a little big:( .

Even with a anchor point the pressure pops the net cup through the lid and I cant change the lid because of the massive root tangle.
I will just have to ride it out this grow and change my setup the next time.I was reading a thread about a big hempy system that produces massive plants @ 1 month veg,might try that next as its seems easy enough.Thanks for the help hijinks and it would have worked if not for the oversized holes.I went way to cheap on this grow.

I have a quick question...I just bought a 2x4 hydrofarm t5 that measures 46x26...Will it fit into a 2x4 grow tent that I have yet to order?

I cant find a 3x4 and I am tight on space so I don't really want to go 4x4.

you can start plants in small netcups and before the roots gets too big transfer them into their own
problem with using small netcups is even if you make the hole tight if the weight of the plant leans to one side itll pop out
i started hydro that way now i just have a bunch of 6" netpot lids i use i don't have the problem anymore
the problem now is the water splashing on the lid leaks out
resolved it by putting a ring of plastic cut off another bucket taped securely to the bottom of the lid
it creates a spot the water drips back down instead of reaching the edge of the lid now the water cant reach the edge and leak out
maybe help you decide to keep using little netpots or switch to netpot lids

I also bought net pots that are formed into the lids I was going to use on the next run but am leaning towards pure perlite hempy style system in 10 gallon containers running one plant at a time.

As for my plants, there doing a lot better now and growing fast.The amount of (fingers) on the leaves is increasing so it must be happy again.I will be flipping to 12/12 as soon as I know my clones are going to make it.Its just a bag seed variety but I wont know how good it could be until I flower it.

Happy tokesday to all :)

tomarrow is the first day of 12/12 and I built a new and improved scog screen and will post picture update tomarrow.

Happy frieday to all:)

update: first day of 12/12
plants are looking ok.
Ph is running around 5.8 but keeps sliding up.
I have switched to bloom nutes yesterday.
heres a pic from a few days ago
solocup_005.JPG

and here is a pic from today
solocup_0181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom