some advice please

grand

Hi everyone I'm new to I have grown before but my room was way too big for my lights so my plants suffered. I gave up and gave away most of my stuff. I was cleaning out the other day and found my 400w hps ballast and a 90 w led ufo and decided to give it another shot.

What I would like is some advice on is:
1.should I run the lights together in one room or should I use two separate rooms?

2.Also could you recommend what size the room or rooms should be? Space is not a problem so any dimension could work, even though I know a lot of space won't be needed for the type of lights I have.

3.Oh and if you can recommend a strain that you think would strive in the space you recommend would also be greatly appreciated. I plan on doing scrog or fluxing.

I'm new to this forum and my place isn't set up as yet so as soon as I figure out how to do a journal and my space is ready I would start one.
Thanks in advance everyone
Grand

Hi, and welcome to :420:

The first thing you need to figure out is how much you want to harvest and what kind of system you want to have, i.e. are you planning on growing for your own personal consumption, dealing a little or becoming a large scale supplier. And about the system, do you want hydro, soil, aero, etc.

Once you figure that I can help you decide on a size room to work with, lightning setups and the rest.

Looking forward to your project.

Good luck and Happy growing! :Namaste:

hi rod :thanks:

Seeing that I already had the lights (400w hps & 90w led ufo) i figured I would build the room around that and as my skill increases and so does my income I would purchase better lights.

I was planing to use coco coir as i have monkey juice which is a nute that the manufacture claims would get the most out of coco grows but if not coco then i would do soil.

And in my opinion more is better well when it comes to bud at least lol so I would like the biggest harvest possible for the equipment that I have. That is until I can go out and purchase "better" equipment.

thanks for stopping by please come again :peace:

I can give you some rules of thumb.

You want roughly 50 watts of hps per square foot. You have the 400w hps and another 90 watts of red LED, so you've got about another 150 watts of equivalent hps = 550 watts. That would be 11 sqft. But if you have close curtains or walls, you get a lot more reflected light and get good results with less power. I do well with 30w/sqft. So you could go as large as 17 sqft, which is the size of a 4x4 tent. Many people run 400-600 watts in a 4x4.

So that would be my advice. Think in terms of a space like that. It could be deeper to give you room to work in, for instance. But the key is the close walls. You could get some white vinyl and curtain off a 4x4 area, too. That would give you better ventilation.

But you basically have enough light for a 4x4 area. :thumb:

Hey GT thanks for stopping by. and thanks a million for your advice. :thanks::ganjamon:

I have "Black & White Poly" the outside is black so no light penetrates the exterior and inside is white to reflect the light so I would use this along with some pvc or wood (for the frame) to make my grow tent/area.
Thanks again:peace:

Hey GT thanks for stopping by. and thanks a million for your advice. :thanks::ganjamon:

I have "Black & White Poly" the outside is black so no light penetrates the exterior and inside is white to reflect the light so I would use this along with some pvc or wood (for the frame) to make my grow tent/area.
Thanks again:peace:

Yer welcome! The "panda film" is perfect.

To answer your other two questions:

1. Yes, run them both in the bloom area.

2. There are any number of hybrids that will do VERY well in that space. I'd recommend 4-6 plants, 2-3 feet tall. There's one strain that I would recommend to most anyone, and that's White Panther. I've run three of them and they're trouble-free high-yielders, with a great old school lemon diesel buzz - very potent. I've been getting 3.5 z's from 25-30 inch plants. But there are probably dozens of strains that will do just as well.

Welcome to :420:

thanks a lot I would check the sponsors to see if they have that strain, I would start a journal as soon as i get them. I just might have a few more questions for you lol. thanks again GT:high-five:

It's one of those mystery crosses with no heritage attached to it, so we don't know. But mine had very little indica influence in the smoke - kinda reminded me of the old Columbian. The growth was typical vigorous hybrid. It was named White Smurf to begin with, and then the name was changed to honor John Sinclair. It did well at some Cups, too.

Back
Top Bottom