Some beginner questions

flavour202

Hello,
I'm George and i have some little novice questions for you please
First of all, what is happening if after one week of flowering the light timer was broken and lights stayed 24/24 for 3 days instead of normal 12/12 in flower stage ? (p.s. till now, after 3 weeks after that incident is no sign of stress)
Second, is a problem if i pruned after 4 weeks of flowering stage ? they give a lot of leaves, very very bushy and had to cut arround 50% of them (same no sign of stress)
By the way, i have 50 plants (OG Kush, LSD, Marley's Collie, Pineapple Chunk, Early Skunk) under 4 x 400 w HPS and 12 L pots (3 gallons), all canna nutes, a mix soil
And third, all seeds are from a bank named Bulk Seeds Bank, you heard about it? Is a good bank?

Any advice will be welcome!

Regards, George

hey George, welcome man. Ill see if i can help a little

First of all, what is happening if after one week of flowering the light timer was broken and lights stayed 24/24 for 3 days instead of normal 12/12 in flower stage ?

nothing will happen if the lights stayed on,All that happened is they did not get any sleep,
the problems come when the dark period is interrupted.

Second, is a problem if i pruned after 4 weeks of flowering stage ? they give a lot of leaves, very very bushy and had to cut arround 50% of them (same no sign of stress)

look at some of the thread on "defoliation" I like to prune around day 21-24 ,and that's only if Ive been lazy and not given hair cuts a couple of weeks prior to the flip

that's a lot of variety man,Have fun and good luck

nothing will happen if the lights stayed on,All that happened is they did not get any sleep,
the problems come when the dark period is interrupted.

Sorry i not expressed correctly (bad english), i mean i turned into flower mode 12/12 and after aprox. one week one of the light timer has beed blocked for non stop light 24/24 days so the 12h dark perriod gone ... (from then past around 4 weeks and all plants are in good shape, i think i was lucky)

And about defoliation ... i read some preffer to prune 90%, some just few leaves, some just in vegetation, some anytime ... this is why i'm confused

Thanks !

nope I read your question correctly(and your English is fine)
again,IF the lights stayed on,it is NOT the end of the world,the girls just did not sleep
Problems happen IF the dark period is INTERRUPTED ,YOU DID NOT INTERRUPT THEM,you just did not let them sleep,the 12 hr of dark did not go anywhere,,,it never happened

pruning is a personal choice,there are great growers here that swear by it,and the results are proven

some go full bore and scalp the hell out of them,some are selective,

I don't think the light staying on stresses them the same as interupting their sleep. I think it could cause revegging and throw harvest date of target Pruning is good for air flow,light penetration etc etc but when where and how much aren't written in stone and there no real best answer

nope I read your question correctly(and your English is fine)
again,IF the lights stayed on,it is NOT the end of the world,the girls just did not sleep
Problems happen IF the dark period is INTERRUPTED ,YOU DID NOT INTERRUPT THEM,you just did not let them sleep,the 12 hr of dark did not go anywhere,,,it never happened

pruning is a personal choice,there are great growers here that swear by it,and the results are proven

some go full bore and scalp the hell out of them,some are selective,

I understand now, great, so i will not be worried anymore
My problems are solved, so ... thanks again, i promise on the next grow i will stard a full journal

I don't think the light staying on stresses them the same as interupting their sleep. I think it could cause revegging and throw harvest date of target Pruning is good for air flow,light penetration etc etc but when where and how much aren't written in stone and there no real best answer

That is what i thought, cuz buds stars a little later to grow and harvest time seems to be also little later.
And i will agree also with pruning, i chose to do it just for light and ventilation cuz was very very bushy

So ... i am chill now after these answers, thanks guys and let everybody have a good grow !

All it does is creates a minor disruption in the flowering chemicals/hormones. Once they get back onto a normal 12/12 cycle again, and flowering hormone levels start rising again, you'll see some action ^.^ Best case literally nothing bad happened, WORST case, you slowed your flowering cycle down by maybe a day or two. There is no cause for alarm :Namaste:

All it does is creates a minor disruption in the flowering chemicals/hormones. Once they get back onto a normal 12/12 cycle again, and flowering hormone levels start rising again, you'll see some action ^.^ Best case literally nothing bad happened, WORST case, you slowed your flowering cycle down by maybe a day or two. There is no cause for alarm :Namaste:

Thanks mate, i saw that, seems to be like you said, i think more than 1-2 days, but till now buds keep growing every day

Hello to everyone,
I'm in the 8th week of flowering, everything is ok, like you said was a delay, but is not a problem.
Just these days some hair start to turn brown (2-3 hairs of every bud) so i think need another 1-2 weeks at least, what do you think ? I have a 60x magnifier but is too early ...

the hairs are just an indication of sexual maturity, the real signs for harvest are going to be the trichs on the buds. a 60x magnifier should be more than enough to identify amber and cloudy trichomes

Agree with both, this is why i bought a magnifier. I will keep you up to date.
P.S. the smell is very nice, some are taller, some have bigger buds ... i learn a lot with every day, i want next time to make a scrog system and after that to try hydro and compare all 3 ways

With the scrog, definitely use clones. It isn't a requirement, but it will make less work for you. As genetic copies provided the same conditions under the net, they will all grow the same height, at about the same time. And you'll already have an idea of what that particular strain is like in terms of feeding.

With the scrog, definitely use clones. It isn't a requirement, but it will make less work for you. As genetic copies provided the same conditions under the net, they will all grow the same height, at about the same time. And you'll already have an idea of what that particular strain is like in terms of feeding.

Uuuu... great advice, so this is why i found almost all videos for scrog with clones, good to know. I will search on the forum cuz i don't know nothing about clones, anyway i will start a journal, i think is the best way :)

A little quick question please, for next grow i want to add another 2 x 600 w HPS but without cooltube cuz are a little expensive, can i put just with reflectors ? (sure at a good distance, the growroom is ventilated), or will be very hot at any distance from the plants ?

This is how it looks a Marley's Collie, it need another 1-2 weeks, from now i will not ad any nutrient, just water

DSC084312.JPG

2 more lights will add quite a bit of heat
if you can control that you will love having the added light
good luck and take care

Sorry, i attached a picture but was not uploaded and i earsed it, i will upload again tomorrow a new one

The 2 HPS will be in another grow room, so one room will stay with same 4 x 400w (26 plants in 3 x 2 sq m) and another will be with 2 x 400w (13 plants in 2 x 2 sq m), with cold himidifier and 2-3 fans inside room and another 1-2 fans that brig fresh air from outside, and sure i will control the heat with cool tubs if needs (need extra money:) )

Thanks mate!

Back
Top Bottom