Some Classic Favorites & Other Things In Soil

MagicJim

Creme de la Creme Photos: Sept 2016
I've smoked this stuff since 1968 and of those strains that I've grown, my current favorite is Jack Herer followed closely by White Widow. My goal is to find a strain to grow that might move these two down the silo and become my new favorite. I tend to rotate my consumption of strains so that my tolerance level doesn't go whack.

Additionally, I hope new growers will find interesting things here as I'm sure to run into one hurdle or another. Comments and questions are always welcome.

So I've got 4 strains going that I consider Classics and I'd like to add a few more so I can have the tent full. I may take some quick clones of these 4 if I fail to get some other seeds germinated. I have some free Afghani regulars on deck and a Dark Devil auto but they haven't broken soil and they've been in Jiffy pellets since Aug. 10. I get some duds....It happens.

As soon as they're all growing well, I'll provide number of days above soil and stuff like that.

Tent in the Grow Room: Mars Hydro tent 3' 11" x 3' 11" x 6' 7"

Light: Mars Hydro Mars II LED 900 W

Soil: Primarily my own mix using recycled Baccto Professional Grower's Mix, Calcitric Limestone, Azomite, Mykos, Perlite and EWC. I even think the last batch included one of the Fox Farms mix. Prior to the last cooking I added 8 cups of KIS Organics Nutrient Pack to about 30 gallons of the recycled base.

Nutrients: Mostly Fox Farms but I have quite a lot of things that might be tried. KIS says I should have all I need for a while and then feedings at 1/4 strength.

Pests: All my grows seem to have some fungus gnats and I'll treat for that with ground mosquito dunks on top of the soil and some fly paper.

Humboldt Seed Organization - Chemdawg

Chemdawg is said to be the parent of OG Kush and Sour Diesel, and the original plant comes from a seed in a bag of high-quality bud bought by Chemdawg the breeder itself, who developed new lines deriving from the original genetic. The smell is strong, a combination of pine and jet fuel, and the high is very strong, not recommended to inexperienced users. Chemdawg is Sativa dominant. According to the breeder, all of the Diesel strains (Sour, Headband, NYC Diesel) originate from Chemdawg.

DSC_09039.JPG

DSC_09106.JPG

ACE Seeds - Panama

Breeder information: Our Panama combines some different red sativas from Panama and Colombia. It's a uniform hybrid with strong vegetative vigor that produces beautiful large reddish and pinkish buds. Its quality reminds one of the best red American sativas from seventies, a real delight for the old sativa lovers.

She's the biggest of the seedlings at this point.

DSC_09056.JPG

DSC_09148.JPG

Humboldt Seed Organization - Blue Dream

From Breeder: This cross of Blueberry and Haze is known for its very pleasant fruity- tangy- earthy taste, blue color, and strong and lasting, mixed mind and body high. The high starts with a sativa high and finishes around 3 hours later with a relaxing indica like muscle easing and pain killing effect.

It is one of the favorites in California and in fact it is among the top ten most demanded strains in the US, which gives a good measure about the quality of this jewel. Taste is described by users as sweet, tangy, lemony, and earthy. Produces big plants that grow fast and wide, and it is appropriate for commercial purposes.

DSC_090411.JPG
DSC_09086.JPG

Humboldt Seed Organisation - Amherst Sour Diesel

What the Breeder says: This legendary elite clone was gifted to HSO by their Mendocino partners many years ago. It's the real deal and for those that know, the taste is superb and intense, plus the high is very strong too.

This champion mom is an easy feeder, fat yielder that generally likes to go 9 to 10 weeks.

As you can see, this one has the film substance from the seed head attempting to keep the cotyledons from separating. Bugger. This one was sprayed streams of water in an attempt to loosen that thing.

I've dropped another seed as this one bothers me and may have to be culled. One never really knows about these wonderful plants. They sure can fool you.

DSC_09068.JPG
DSC_09075.JPG

re: Some Classic Favorites & Other Things In Soil

Hey there Jim...thanks for the link bud! makes it easier to find ya now. I like your strain selection and your thoughts on them. I was wandering if you could tell me a little of Jack Herer. I've always wanted to try it (puffing) as it's lineage is so awesome. Can you tell me how she grows and what breeder would you recommend getting some fem's of her from. Thanks MJ.:thumb::Namaste:

I made it!!!! :yahoo:

Alright! Another magical adventure in Jim's tent. :woohoo: Nice lineup Jim.

BOO! I'm here, and thanks for the link. Looking forward to how your Blue Dream does. :)

:circle-of-love:

Oh Cannafan....I am so looking forward to it also. It's so popular I had to see what it's all about.

:bravo: I flew by and found a good branch in one of the trees... nice babies.. :circle-of-love:

and you chose a great viewing spot as always. You might keep me grounded.

Hey there Jim...thanks for the link bud! makes it easier to find ya now. I like your strain selection and your thoughts on them. I was wandering if you could tell me a little of Jack Herer. I've always wanted to try it (puffing) as it's lineage is so awesome. Can you tell me how she grows and what breeder would you recommend getting some fem's of her from. Thanks MJ.:thumb::Namaste:

Hi duggan. I've only been growing a year and Jack Herer was one of my first seed choices. These beans were bread by Robert Bergman in Amsterdam. My first seed purchase from a foreign country was nail biting for sure. I grew the plant, re-vegged the plant, took clones and grew them out without any veg time. I've been a cig smoker since I was a teen and I don't get the scent or taste to the extent that others do. I can say the jars of JH I have are the greatest smelling weed I have and the high is very robust and long lasting. I can only tell you that it takes me where I want to go most of the time. I'm retired so I stay high almost all the time so sometimes a little booster bowl in the afternoon isn't quite as good as the wake and bake.

I have 2 of the Bergman seeds left and got 3 more somehow from Delicious seeds but they'll be a future grow.

I'm glad you're here bud. I'm still interested in the High Brix. Stage, Noob and Nis will provide me a guide if I see it's the best way to go. I already know how you've done with it. You all kill it.

You have some wonderful strains picked out. I can tell you are a sativa man just like myself. Good work. Any idea how long you are going to veg for? Quantity wants, goals, or needs?

:passitleft:

High Nis. Just the high I get from the cured product. I want what Graytail sees in Carnival and what drcannabi thinks about Wifi. My grows should yield me over 2 oz from the 5 gallon softies so that's a good goal for me. I have been blessed with jars of weed that I keep finding all over the place. Gonna make me some hash here soon from top buds and trim.

Thank you all for coming over. :love:

I made it!!!! :yahoo:

Alright! Another magical adventure in Jim's tent. :woohoo: Nice lineup Jim.

Sweet One. I sure hope it'll be a good adventure. Hope your day is good.

:high-five:

Woot! Hi gang!

:passitleft:

Hi there Heirloom. Glad you could hang out with me and this bunch.

Go Jimmy go. Love the strains. All of them are on my bucket list. :popcorn::passitleft:
I hope I can get the best of them so you can grow 'em when you're back up and running.

Wonderful selection! For my "big" grow next year outdoors, I want to do Chemdawg and Blue Dream. (I say "big" bc for me, big would be a full cycle in good outdoor conditions) Though I also bought some exotics just to try out alongside. Will be following this grow.

Please see my first grow from seed here in progress. This will be my experiment before the "big" one next year. Soil, indoor veg/outdoor flower.

Wonderful selection! For my "big" grow next year outdoors, I want to do Chemdawg and Blue Dream. (I say "big" bc for me, big would be a full cycle in good outdoor conditions) Though I also bought some exotics just to try out alongside. Will be following this grow.

Please see my first grow from seed here in progress. This will be my experiment before the "big" one next year. Soil, indoor veg/outdoor flower.

Welcome aboard dub and :welcome: to :420:. I'll check your journal out. Gosh I'm subbed to a lot of stuff.

Second row... Got to get up early to grab a prime spot here... Damn, behind a speaker, obstructed view. Hang on, no security here, I'll sit on top of the sound system... Thanks MagicJim...

Back
Top Bottom