Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

re: Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

Ok so sort of worked it out. Think I’ll stick with CFL’s for this grow. I’ve got another 3x 45w bulbs I can add to my board so that would bring my total upto 625W for now. If they do ok in the caravan and tent vegging, I’ll order another 2x 125w bulbs costing £28 with fittings to my light board bringing the total upto 875W total for flower which should give me enough power according to the chart guide.

625w will keep them happy in veg and least then I’m not spending more money until I know the tents ok!

Ok so sort of worked it out. Think I'll stick with CFL's for this grow. I've got another 3x 45w bulbs I can add to my board so that would bring my total upto 625W for now. If they do ok in the caravan and tent vegging, I'll order another 2x 125w bulbs costing £28 with fittings to my light board bringing the total upto 875W total for flower which should give me enough power according to the chart guide.

625w will keep them happy in veg and least then I'm not spending more money until I know the tents ok!

I think that sticking with your CFLs makes good sense for now. You'll be ok. I'm at about 8x43watts (344 total) between two plants and they're doing pretty well. You should be good with just about twice that. Consider adding reflectors to the bulbs. Keeps the excess light from being wasted by shining away from the plants. Watch the heat. Do the hand test; if you put your hand where your plants are and it feels hot, that's too hot for your plants. If your comfortable for 30 seconds, then it's ok. You should be getting CFLs as close as possible without burning. You have plenty of bulbs so spread a few around the sides as well as directly above.

6800k is ideal for veg
2700k is ideal for flower

Ultimately though, it should be ok either way if you meet the wattage.

Are you running an oscillating fan in there? Don't let it point directly at the leaves, bounce off the walls. I experienced some wind burn that was hard to diagnose.

Glad to see you got into the other thread. There's a lot of helpful folk on there.

So I Defoliated Jane if I’m being honest Mary is my favourite lol so I thought I’d experiment with Jane first. She’s also the most bushy as I’m not doing such intense training with her.

So anyway here’s pics. Did I do it ok? Something that wasn’t quite clear, am I meant to cut the lower main branches with fan leaves? Or just the little ones?

As I wasn’t sure I only went for the little ones but if you could confirm that would be great

Jane before:
404A355A-0D19-4CB5-BCF9-C5C1FFF67F87.jpeg

Jane after:

8827EF38-CF3F-433D-B20C-64F02B3D3598.jpeg

D8402332-C62B-4CFF-8DAA-2B21D8C7FAD9.jpeg

So these are the branches I was wondering if I should cut or not?

27781702-B20F-4B33-87DC-044B7C8F518C.jpeg

Some pics of Mary :)

FF0ACA55-614B-4711-8186-2E4750FAC114.jpeg

The big move is done and the girls are now in there tent .
420-magazine-mobile1208072168.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1034806570.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1036370428.jpg

They should be pretty happy in there. Looks like a lot more space for them to spread out in.

Defoliation looks fine. Can't go too wrong with a light hand. You'll get more daring eventually, as you get a feel for their growth.

Keep it up, girls look healthy from my seat.

They should be pretty happy in there. Looks like a lot more space for them to spread out in.

Defoliation looks fine. Can't go too wrong with a light hand. You'll get more daring eventually, as you get a feel for their growth.

Keep it up, girls look healthy from my seat.

Defiantly tonne more space for them to fill out In there, and my god so much easier to set up! Just need to watch it doesn't get too cold for them in there which is the opposite issue I had in the cabinet. I've got a oil heater on the outside of the tent which should keep it warm enough

They seem to have bounced back from me chopping them up! Shall leave them to grow some more before doing it again. Planning on giving them another few weeks in veg then switching them as I have more height now then before. .

So I was naughty and saw a LED up for auction (VIPARSPECTRA 600w) and bought it after selling half a kidney lol (actually got it for a bargain £100!) which is cheap here for good quality LED. So have dismantled my CFL's and now just have the 1 LED light.

Also after chatting with fellow Candida growers I decided to switch the girls over to flower. Because I didn't realise quite how tall these plants can grow .

So hopefully by switching them at roughly 5-weeks in veg I can control there final height more.

The auto jacks are now planted into there final size pots and doing well. They'll grow slower as only getting 12-hours light but should still produce a "ok" yield

Updated pics:

420-magazine-mobile1117821789.jpg
420-magazine-mobile533836800.jpg
420-magazine-mobile678106335.jpg
420-magazine-mobile112932252.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765199218.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2143877522.jpg

Good luck with the LEDs. I don't mind seeing a viparspectrum working. Thats the affordable brand i find on Amazon so probably what I'll end up with.

Keep an eye on that light burn. Sounds like people get caught off guard with LED light burn because it's less like touching a hot stove and more like sunburn.

Keep up with that LST and hopefully you can maintain them short.

Good luck with the LEDs. I don't mind seeing a viparspectrum working. Thats the affordable brand i find on Amazon so probably what I'll end up with.

Keep an eye on that light burn. Sounds like people get caught off guard with LED light burn because it's less like touching a hot stove and more like sunburn.

Keep up with that LST and hopefully you can maintain them short.

Yes defiantly keeping a eye and making sure it's at recommended distance away from the plants. Tempting tho to put it nearer but have to trust that they know how far away it needs to be lol

So far it's been really good, I like the different switches, it runs super cool compared to the CFL's, about 10c cooler actually. It is fairly heavy tho but well built at the same time.

All in all I'm impressed with it, so will see how the plants turn out under it. They have good reviews so fingers crossed.

Just a small update. Girls are doing well surprisingly as my RH is at 70% . so have ordered electric dehumidifier and some bags to put around the tent. Need to get it under control before buds start appearing.

Hopefully can get it under control quickly. Trying to create more airflow aswell in the room.

Temps outside for winter are varying so much which isn't helping the humidity. One day it's 0c and the next it's 10c! Mad!

Alright geek, thought id slope over here to talk to ya.

Without spending alot of money and like you say drilling holes in walls and building purpose built grow rooms, its always gonna be slightly up here down there.
You've got most things dialled in to have a successful grow..50-60% isn't bad geek, infact in early flower thats perfect.
It's only in the last couple of weeks when the flowers are dense that it matters, even then I'd be happy with 40-50%.
As long as extraction is good and air flow is good.
So relax, you've got enough control already to be successful.

I myself haven't got humidity under control as much as you.in my space it can go from 80% in the morning to 40% in the evening.
I have extremely good extraction and air flow also they get my big beady eye on them alot.

So you have great control heating and humidity, so you can relax a bit now.

One thing, do you own or rent?
You could vent into the ceiling to attic? Above.or a chimney? . If you do own you can indeed drill a hole in the wall then on the outdide they have vent covers down the builders yard, it'll make it look like a normal air vent.

How far do you want to go? How much money do you want to spend? Anythings possible, but is it worth it .lol.

Alright geek, thought id slope over here to talk to ya.

Without spending alot of money and like you say drilling holes in walls and building purpose built grow rooms, its always gonna be slightly up here down there.
You've got most things dialled in to have a successful grow..50-60% isn't bad geek, infact in early flower thats perfect.
It's only in the last couple of weeks when the flowers are dense that it matters, even then I'd be happy with 40-50%.
As long as extraction is good and air flow is good.
So relax, you've got enough control already to be successful.

I myself haven't got humidity under control as much as you.in my space it can go from 80% in the morning to 40% in the evening.
I have extremely good extraction and air flow also they get my big beady eye on them alot.

So you have great control heating and humidity, so you can relax a bit now.

One thing, do you own or rent?
You could vent into the ceiling to attic? Above.or a chimney? . If you do own you can indeed drill a hole in the wall then on the outdide they have vent covers down the builders yard, it'll make it look like a normal air vent.

How far do you want to go? How much money do you want to spend? Anythings possible, but is it worth it .lol.

Lol as little money as possible, already spent too much really. Sadly I rent so def can't be drilling holes would get into trouble.

That's good to know it's not just Mine then that vary, long as it's pretty normal and still have a successful grow. Will keep a eye on everything. The air flow is pretty good more so during the day when I can open the window. Found some passive vents in the floor so will open them up and make the most of them.

I've now got it down to 40/50%, I'd say 80% of the time so that will have to do.

They look great geek.
Yeah , you can start chasing you're tail round in circles trying to get perfection. You got it well under control.

I worry more about temps this time of year and at the moment ive got them 26° lights on, 20° lights of. So im happy.

They're still growing at the moment as they go into flower stretch, so they still need a bit of humidity to grow.

I rent to, what is it with these landlords not letting you just drill holes where you like eh. I call it home improvement. Look mr landlord ive built you a purpose built grow space, no I say it ads value.lol.

Back
Top Bottom