Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

Love to see some pics of lights off to compare to mine

My big Candy may get harvested today if all her seeds are developed, I'll have pics later on my thread

Will get some tomorrow . ohhh exciting will drop by your thread. My girls still a good few weeks off harvest I think (I have it in diary for around 15th of Jan ) but will keep posting pics incase you guys think there due sooner

Will get some tomorrow . ohhh exciting will drop by your thread. My girls still a good few weeks off harvest I think (I have it in diary for around 15th of Jan ) but will keep posting pics incase you guys think there due sooner
Do you have a loup???

Or a USB microscope works great to check tricomes

I do have a loupe, although hoping Santa may bring me one to attach to my phones camera which would work better. I took today's pics with the loupe in front of my phones camera.
Lol

Duuuuuuuu missed that 1st blurple tric pic....lol

Need more coffee it seems

Lol

Looking good in there mate

Cheers bud .. exciting seeing them develop and next week is week 6 so I can start the Overdrive nuts which should fatten them up some more.

I have been sticking with Biobizz base Bloom nuts and using the "Big Bud" by advanced nuts. Seems to be working well. Although the one I topped def has more dense colas.

I done my spray today with the Canna spray. Although it says you can use it until harvest I'm not convinced. It's to protect against pests and mould which is great but I'm wary to spray on buds. Any idea? It says it's organic but then Tesco says that about there Burgers.........

Cheers bud .. exciting seeing them develop and next week is week 6 so I can start the Overdrive nuts which should fatten them up some more.

I have been sticking with Biobizz base Bloom nuts and using the "Big Bud" by advanced nuts. Seems to be working well. Although the one I topped def has more dense colas.

I done my spray today with the Canna spray. Although it says you can use it until harvest I'm not convinced. It's to protect against pests and mould which is great but I'm wary to spray on buds. Any idea? It says it's organic but then Tesco says that about there Burgers.........

No worries with Canna, they're a Spanish company who as far as I'm aware of, only use organic products. They are more than happy to answer any questions you've got too, very friendly :)

Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

No pics today as had another dentist visit (this one more painful than the last but thankfully the last one I'll need for awhile!).

Been thinking about how I'm going to dry and cure.

The current plan I have in my head but feel free to jump in guys with any suggestions!

So:

Chop my girls branches, trim leafs/sugar leafs etc off buds (these will go to make oil for my mother).

Hang dry bigger colas from top of tent, smaller ones I may put on my drying mesh rack?

Drying in around 55% humidity. If I can get it to 50 I will.

I will keep my intake fan (4"inch black orchid in bottom left corner) and my exhaust with carbon filter on, to keep air flow good.

Dry for a few days till they feel dry on the outside and small stems snap easily.

Then put them into the jars with the humidity packs. (62rh).

The only couple of stumbling blocks I have are:

If drying in the shed (inside tent) I have to keep the oil heater on to keep temps at 20c. Although this may go slightly lower at night. Is that very bad? Or is that ok?

The oil heater currently is at the back of the tent (about 1/2 metre from it) so it keeps them warm at night when lights are off.

Should I move it? As don't want it drying buds to quick? Also don't want them getting to cold?

Once in jars I can then move them indoors to cure if that's better. BUT only place really I have to put them is in the wardrobe, which is in the small office. The temps in there range from 15c to 20c. Is that ok? Obviously the wardrobe is insulated inside so that should help a bit and it's dry/dark.

Re: Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

No pics today as had another dentist visit (this one more painful than the last but thankfully the last one I'll need for awhile!).

Been thinking about how I'm going to dry and cure.

The current plan I have in my head but feel free to jump in guys with any suggestions!

So:

Chop my girls branches, trim leafs/sugar leafs etc off buds (these will go to make oil for my mother).

Hang dry bigger colas from top of tent, smaller ones I may put on my drying mesh rack?

Drying in around 55% humidity. If I can get it to 50 I will.

I will keep my intake fan (4"inch black orchid in bottom left corner) and my exhaust with carbon filter on, to keep air flow good.

Dry for a few days till they feel dry on the outside and small stems snap easily.

Then put them into the jars with the humidity packs. (62rh).

The only couple of stumbling blocks I have are:

If drying in the shed (inside tent) I have to keep the oil heater on to keep temps at 20c. Although this may go slightly lower at night. Is that very bad? Or is that ok?

The oil heater currently is at the back of the tent (about 1/2 metre from it) so it keeps them warm at night when lights are off.

Should I move it? As don't want it drying buds to quick? Also don't want them getting to cold?

Once in jars I can then move them indoors to cure if that's better. BUT only place really I have to put them is in the wardrobe, which is in the small office. The temps in there range from 15c to 20c. Is that ok? Obviously the wardrobe is insulated inside so that should help a bit and it's dry/dark.

Yeah mate you're drying tekkers sounds good to me. The temp in your wardrobe is about what you'd expect in a cupboard (I think ;))

The temp at night in the shed might need to come up a bit but as you've got the air flow going I wouldn't worry too much (have lived in the country so I know how f****** expensive the oil is)

But it's the temp and humidity in your jars that are the levels you should be paying attention to.

I go by a sniff and shake method. If I open the jar and start to get that home grown wet grass smell, the buds are still too damp, even more so if I shake them and they clump together or do not move at all. If they are take them out of the pot for a bit and leave them until they feel less spongy. Or leave the lid off for a few hours if they are only clumping together slightly.

I like the sniff and shake method. But there is a more scientific gadget that measures the RH and temp inside your jar. I don't know if it's used for jam making but have a look online for masonry jar thermometer and it should come up.

I'd dry them all together, Big and Littles. I've tried doing the smaller ones in self built dryers and not had the same results. I don't know if doing them together makes for a more universal cure?

What have you done before? Chris and drying have been THE difference in getting nice bud

Re: Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

Yeah mate you're drying tekkers sounds good to me. The temp in your wardrobe is about what you'd expect in a cupboard (I think ;))

The temp at night in the shed might need to come up a bit but as you've got the air flow going I wouldn't worry too much (have lived in the country so I know how f****** expensive the oil is)

But it's the temp and humidity in your jars that are the levels you should be paying attention to.

I go by a sniff and shake method. If I open the jar and start to get that home grown wet grass smell, the buds are still too damp, even more so if I shake them and they clump together or do not move at all. If they are take them out of the pot for a bit and leave them until they feel less spongy. Or leave the lid off for a few hours if they are only clumping together slightly.

I like the sniff and shake method. But there is a more scientific gadget that measures the RH and temp inside your jar. I don't know if it's used for jam making but have a look online for masonry jar thermometer and it should come up.

I'd dry them all together, Big and Littles. I've tried doing the smaller ones in self built dryers and not had the same results. I don't know if doing them together makes for a more universal cure?

What have you done before? Chris and drying have been THE difference in getting nice bud

That's interesting mate thankyou , I have room on the rack so I can dry them all on that. Do you use a rack or hang them?

I do have mini thermometer/humidity monitors to go in the jars. What should the temp inside the jars be? I know RH should be 62% or little less.

Oil is stupidly expensive!! The heater is costing me more than my entire grow setup Inc lights! Hence keen to move them indoors in jars ASAP! When I burp them I can always put my exhaust fan and carbon filter on in the room to clean the smell up. So not too worried about that.

So I treated myself to a Mars hydro 300W (actual pull about 135W_+10%). It was used off a auction site, got it for £20 so couldn't resist lol

Humidity higher than ideal outside the tent as it's gone from -2 to 9c with rain! So lots of moisture in the air. There due for watering today and soil looks dry but given the high humidity I was going to miss it? Thoughts?

My vent is still broken but hoping to get it fixed by weekend so I have more airflow again. Trouble being it's not a small job!

Girls seem fine thankfully, I'm keeping a very close eye for any sign of mould.

420-magazine-mobile1144626698.jpg

Not much to report other than I fixed the vent yesterday 2-hours later!! And I had good air flow again. We're having very humid weather highs of 9c during the day but very moist with lots of fog! Which obviously is raising the humidity inside! I'm battling it with everything I can think of Inc running to the local DIY store to buy more dehumidifier bags (to dot around the inside of the tent). With those plus my electric dehumidifiers I'm keeping it at 42% in the tent (by some miracle)

I'm less happy that the soil is reading 60%! But I haven't watered and won't until that drops!

I think it's also reading that high as I have so many colas on each plant! I think I done too much training lol (I know this is a good problem to have) but not when it's raising my humidity!

I done a BIG defol on the end of week 4 in flower (I took like a full carrier bag off them)! I don't think it's good to defol again this late in flower right? I'm now almost into week 6!

I done a big defol in week 6 and gave them another defol last night because of humidity also mate and I'm 3 days into flush now (8 1/2 weeks) I wouldn't worry to much just take the lower leafs and anything larger which is losing colour through the canopy, it will definitely help with your humidity and they shouldn't be too bothered either.

Sorry dude only read your comment and didn't look at the pictures, I would definitely wait a week or so if you was going to do another defol, there looking sweet the way they are mate.

Back
Top Bottom