Some of my plants never fully mature?

whoalon

About 1/4 of my plants don't fully mature, even after 9 weeks. I will have some plants that are fully developed, hairs colored, many trichromes, dark coloring, etc. At the same time, some of the plants on the same table will look like they are 6 weeks old. White hairs, no dark coloring on the colas. Once it is all trimmed up, they almost look like different strains.

Someone told me that pesticides and neem oil late in the flowering cycle can cause this. Is that what is going on in my case?

I have a hardy strain that I never need to use pesticides on, and it never has this problem. It is the ones that are susceptible to mites that are doing this. Even though I get the mites under control, could they be what is causing this problem?

Mite infestations can definately affect maturity , but most likely , it's the fact that you have different strains growing . :smokin:

Paladin is correct. Is the strain known and are all the plants the same strain? This will effect flowering times, dramatically in some cases. Some Indica dom. plants can finish flowering in as little as 6-7 weeks while some Sativa dom. strains can take up to 12 weeks.

What I meant to say was that even when comparing two of the same strain, one plant will mature fully and the other never does. It appears to be stuck halfway through its development.

For example, lets say I have a 4x8 table. Half of it is full of grandaddy, half of it is northern lights. It does not matter what pesticides I use, the grandaddy always finishes around 9 weeks. Whatever problem I am having, it is not affecting the grandaddy. However, on the northern lights side of the table, some of them will mature fully at 8 weeks, and some of them never mature at all. I let the undeveloped ones go 10 weeks and they did not change.... it looked the same as they did at week 5. Something is stopping their developement, and it is either the mites or the pesticides I am using.

Yes I agree with Moose. It sounds as if many different phenotypes are popping up in either strain, some are finshing flowering earlier and some are longer flowering.

I would suggest the next step be to breed whatever it is you think is the best phenotype. Pay attention to the plants you would like the select, a mix just the right amount of potency and flowering times that suit your needs, and in your case perhaps those that are the most "mite resistant". No doubt by now you have found one or two phenotypes which seem to be better than the rest. Either select a mother to cut clones or breed with a strong male of the same strain for some seed. :peace:

Could be light interrupting the night cycle.Does it always happen to the plants in same spot in your grow area?I have seen pictures of plants were one side of the plant was fully mature and the other side not because a street light was on.

Back
Top Bottom