Some Old Guy's Soil Grows

Is there a terrarium you would recommend? I have a big clear tote I could use I just thought it wouldn't let enough light in. The dipngrow is in the cart, but I'm wondering is rock wool cubes or expanding pucks gonna be the best because like you I haven't had any success with plain soil. @bluter any advice would be a blessing thanks in advance.

Is there a terrarium you would recommend? I have a big clear tote I could use I just thought it wouldn't let enough light in. The dipngrow is in the cart, but I'm wondering is rock wool cubes or expanding pucks gonna be the best because like you I haven't had any success with plain soil. @bluter any advice would be a blessing thanks in advance.

sorry what're we trying to do ..? :cheesygrinsmiley:

if it's the cloning thing i do hempy cup style and just churn em out. i literally put them on a schedule ramping feed and light levels as i go. i always end up tossing a bunch cause i have no room. i can only run 8 plants max.

you can up pot from the hempy cup to any media or style you like.

i've also done well on bubble cloners. i'm just too lazy to dig them out and set it up. i have most of the stuff for an aero-cloner too but the hempy method is just too easy.

rolling from seed - now that's a nail biter running in hempy :p

sorry what're we trying to do ..? :cheesygrinsmiley:

if it's the cloning thing i do hempy cup style and just churn em out. i literally put them on a schedule ramping feed and light levels as i go. i always end up tossing a bunch cause i have no room. i can only run 8 plants max.

you can up pot from the hempy cup to any media or style you like.

i've also done well on bubble cloners. i'm just too lazy to dig them out and set it up. i have most of the stuff for an aero-cloner too but the hempy method is just too easy.

rolling from seed - now that's a nail biter running in hempy :p
I have a gorilla photo I revegged and it's ready to cut some clones. I'm using soil to grow straight ffof. I have to get a few things to set up beforehand and I know you're a goto on that. I read a thread from @Bill284 had and picked up some more info last night. I've been back to work 6 days a week and had little time before I harvest and empty the grow room out. Thanks for sharing.

i revegged some gorilla glue and powerplant on this clone run. they took forever to turn around, but they eventually took.

Damn normal life is such a drag, took me out of the loop here. If you didn't notice or dont care NO BIG DEAL. My last grow finished like a champ, and the photos I revegged have been flowering on 12/12 for over a month and its beautiful dudes! My wife took over and has done an amazing fantastic STUPENDOUS (me..I'm stupefied my teaching and only partial supervision worked so well) job
20210702_092159.jpg

She listened and let them get up to the lights, then I tipped the pots over on their sides and let them reach up...the result was astounding and the picture doesn't do it justice. I'm not back regular, I wish I had the time and energy to make sure I'm keeping up..sorry if I left this to long without archiving it etc.
I did have another reason for stopping by and it's for a discount code for Mars Hydro, I'm expanding to cover our allowed crop and need two TSW2000s, yeah I buy them because my wife calls the last crop 'Mind F^ck" not Gelato or Bruce banner lol
From the smell, which is not similar to anything you might expect, I'm told its moldy and dont smell right, look dipshits neither one smells like skunk and until I grew it I didn't know what it was supposed to smell like either. But I cant smoke a whole joint rolled in a tops single sheet roller.
So please, if anyone catches this new post, help a TBI patient with a coupon code while I search around a bit on my first vacation without having to look for another temp job JFC I'm working in a little factory producing fishing lures. I put the eyes on the jigs. I passed the quota level my 3rd day and my partner and I beat out almost everyone else's production...I'm rambling but I do that a lot now but I'm happy and that's what matters. Happy Fourth of July for all you crackers, Happy Canada for all you Canucks, and finally and much to late, Happy Juneteenth federal holiday finally something!

Nice to see you around SoG and I'm glad to hear your wife has taken so well to growing the meds! I hope the vacation is treating you well so far before you go back to work again.

The coupon code Mars posts most of the time is here:

Happy Canada day, July 4th weekend, and a belated Juneteenth! :ciao:
The world is still in order with Sir Shed in house, This Is The Way.
The 2000s are on the way, and I saved $13.13usd. It's taken me this long to reply because I just had to roll roll roll a J just being happy AF !

Brother, I need some Auto seeds and I'm trying to get my dud replacement for 10 out of 14 Gelato auto, none of the original and only 4 of replacement beans popped and threw out a root, had 3 Bruce Banner left out of original and they all dudded and crapped out on the plate.
Prefer Northern Lights, Blue Dream, and White Widow. 10 of the NL, and 5 of each one for BD and WW. If I could get one of those "land race" photo beans..top o' the world Mah! Thanks and to any who help or need help, turn to SoG..or Gal..we know more than you! LoL I'm levitating above the level you want to get to

So...autoflower seeds...I got 20 altogether 4 strains, good stuff. Soaked 2 of each, Pineapple Express, and GG#4.
All 4 popped and had tails so into the dirt they went. A day later 2 PE and 1 GG up, explore the second GG..deader than FUC..! A day and its mushy root, the others doing fine. One Pineapple had a reaction and stalled a bit but the other has blown me away with its intense smell and stickiness. The other smells like honeysuckle I swear! And has practically no trics or resin and no resemblance to the other, strange? The wife diagnosed an issue and resolved to "fix it" and before I could say no, she defoliated that one, stripped all the plate leaves..on a 6 week old autoflower.
I threw 5 Northern lights same process recommended and not one split open or showed a root, DOA from this supplier is a regular recurring event and I'm sick to the Nth MF power about how they respond.. Its a blackhole, messages never replied to and calling only gets you more duds 12 Gelato Auto and nothing..beating a dead horse..5 GD Northern Lights to crap. Throw 2 more GG#4 and both stunted at transplant. Neither one is over 12" and 2 months old JFC..
So I had a bag seed, soak it less than 24 hours it's got a tail and is ready to go, right in the same cups I had used with the "wholesale" supplier seeds, it's almost 4 feet tall out of the dirt at 8 weeks. A photo for sure but strong and shooting up. The saga continues..

I preesh Shed, my job endeavors have all ended in non-successful attempts. My disability claim is just sitting there, but I reached out today and my old machinist job needs machinists right Fn NOW and about 25% raise, twentyfive percent minimum and my boy said ask for more! So idk, might be back to it here right soon.
The seeds..how do I teach these seeds? It's ok, I rant is all and my sprouting skills are a backhoe level down from photos with these prickish autos. I love the successful ones it's the stunts and no shows that boil my nuts.
I got seed Express up, had to do my Efund PayPal doohicky I ain't fergot bro.
20211107_173539.jpg

Pineapple Express Auto
5 Gallons pot, New Ocean Forest. 16 pounds(8ish kilos)
MegaC at the 4,5,6 gram feeding over 16 weeks.
LED lighting from MarsHydro running 13 hours 2 weeks, up to 22 hours, back down to 18. Harvesting in bits and pieces this week.
Wish You Were Here, Springfield IL.

I like to moisten a paper towel, fold it up small and then squeeze it until it stops dripping.
Then put the seed(s) inside, Slide it into a sandwich baggie and leave it in a dark drawer or shoe box. Usually within 24-48 hours I'll see a crack in the hull and a tiny tap root. Once the hull is cracked I like to put them in a cup of dirt because the chain reaction of germination has been set off and I'm only risking damaging the root if letting it get longer in the napkin (which it will grow super fast -like an inch a day)
That being said i've still had some occasional duds (usually freebies) but have also grown tired of a seed bank or two sending me iffy genetics.
Best of luck on the job front. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about the job market getting hot for experienced tradesmen

Back
Top Bottom