Some pistils coming out brown already?

Lifeandtimes

Hey everyone,

Iv posted a few threads here and got great feed back so I just want to say thaks for that.

My girl is 5 weeks into flowering and some of the pistils are coming out brown.

There's buds that have plenty of white ones slowly turning brown maybe about 5 percent of them are now brown but what's confusing me the buds that aren't forms coming out brown like in my pics here.

She's in plagron royal mix soil, 250 watt cfl,temp.is kept between 20-24 degrees and humidity is usually around 40 to 50

She's watered every 4 days rougly with plagron alga bloom nutes.

Any ideas with this or is this standard and means she coming close to harvest?

20160701_172743.jpg
20160701_172722.jpg

Re: Some pistiles coming out brown already?

You need to go by trichomes, not the pistils. They start out clearish, then change to milky, then finally amber. Milky gives more of an uplifting high, amber gives more of a "couch lock" high. So it's up to you exactly when to harvest based on that. You'll need something to see them clearly, like a jewelers loupe.

Re: Some pistiles coming out brown already?

Perfectly normal just early flower .;) some strains throw out orange hairs right from the start.good luck;):thumb:

I just killed fifteen plants that had those... The pistils on the buds turn brown over time, depending on strain, but those look like the start of a herm... Male flowers will pop out of those puppies. Every one of my plants hermed due to a temperature control issue (way too hot/poor genetics) one or two of those balls under the majority of my top buds... Part of the hobby I guess.

Need some close-ups. Pics of the nodes; where the buds are growing..

Plant is just maturing it does not mean it's ready
Pistils can brown of early on but does not mean it's ready
Look at the trichs they will tell u how she is

Forget brown pistils. Doesn't matter.. those ball-lookin-things at the nodes are the possible problem.. Could be hermie.. Need better close-ups! They look ok; could be a strain/pheno thing.. Any small 'banana' looking things growing anywhere on the plant?
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom