Some questions about harvest and thoughts

jimwityoung

hi guys!
i have two plants, now 1 is ready to harvest, i flushed her last night. so do i need to wait 3-5 more days to cut her down?
and my other girl have about 2 weeks to go. i did some research with dryin process, it said that dryin buds need a dark place like 12-12's night. but i dont have a place like that, i only have one tent.. so i thought maybe i could hang them inside the tent when lights off, and put them out when lights on, when i put them out i will put them into something like a shoebox.. is this a good idea ? or i just hangin them in the tent and leave them alone?

i use led and my tent temp is 18-20℃

The idea of flushing is to wash the nutrients out of the soil (or whatever medium you're growing in). Assuming that the flush works and does that, there are usually nutrients stored within the plant itself. Those are depleted by letting the plant grow longer, to use it up naturally. Flushing just empties her food bowl, but she probably has a full stomach too. Usually people flush, then grow the plant with water only for about a couple weeks. It takes time. The idea is to be smoking less fertilizer in your bud.

Best to dry in the dark. Your shoebox idea might work depending how much bud you have. I built a small ventilated drying box within my flowering room. Just make sure there's plenty of air around the buds because they can mold if crammed together too tightly. Try to dry slowly- then your bud will be a higher quality . 3-5 days to dry to the point of being able to jar them is a bare minimum. Google methods of drying with paper bags/cardboard box. You can regulate the drying time in various ways if your room is too hot and dry and your buds are drying up too quickly.

hi guys!
i have two plants, now 1 is ready to harvest, i flushed her last night. so do i need to wait 3-5 more days to cut her down?
and my other girl have about 2 weeks to go. i did some research with dryin process, it said that dryin buds need a dark place like 12-12's night. but i dont have a place like that, i only have one tent.. so i thought maybe i could hang them inside the tent when lights off, and put them out when lights on, when i put them out i will put them into something like a shoebox.. is this a good idea ? or i just hangin them in the tent and leave them alone?

i use led and my tent temp is 18-20℃
Can always try the paper bag method which works great imo . It dries the buds out evenly and in my experience jump starts the curing process during the drying better. Smokeable from the bag with the flavour . As opposed to hang drying which I usually have hay smell for a couple of days when jarring as opposed to the paper bag method

Ye that is funny thing about growing logistic's & flowering time etc when compared to different strains :Namaste:

Well as some old slippery Weasel mentioned, ye it is about the flush a couple of weeks really, some mild ol banter about organic vs salt based nutrients & length of flush but ye 2 weeks is pretty solid for either nutrient regime & just makes for a better smoke...

One must not forget the slow air dry & curing process either !

Sorry mildly waffled on about stuff ?

Ye well cardboard box works, i used in the early days of my own endeavours - double check RH of room tho for drying as bud rot may occur whilst slow air drying !

001842.JPG
002866.JPG
005734.JPG

One of my first few grows :thumb:

Pretty cute clothesline you have Fuz E Duck.
My humidity is normally super high so I have a dehumidifier going in the flowering room. This brings my RH down to about 65 or so, which is a good range to be in. Generally speaking that means my buds in the drying box won't get drier than that no matter how long they sit there. So that's good. On the occasions the dehumidifier doesn't go on for some reason, it's not so good.
Likewise my stash/curing room has an RH about 65 or 70 so that's handy- I can leave jars open and not worry about them changing too much.
So yeah- check what your RH (relative humidity) range is wherever you are drying. Most people have one of these digital Temp/RH devices in their grows. Get some that will fit in your curing jars and you'll know how dry or not your buds are. Around 60 is about standard.

Pretty cute clothesline you have Fuz E Duck.
My humidity is normally super high so I have a dehumidifier going in the flowering room. This brings my RH down to about 65 or so, which is a good range to be in. Generally speaking that means my buds in the drying box won't get drier than that no matter how long they sit there. So that's good. On the occasions the dehumidifier doesn't go on for some reason, it's not so good.
Likewise my stash/curing room has an RH about 65 or 70 so that's handy- I can leave jars open and not worry about them changing too much.
So yeah- check what your RH (relative humidity) range is wherever you are drying. Most people have one of these digital Temp/RH devices in their grows. Get some that will fit in your curing jars and you'll know how dry or not your buds are. Around 60 is about standard.

Ye that is funny thing about growing logistic's & flowering time etc when compared to different strains :Namaste:

Well as some old slippery Weasel mentioned, ye it is about the flush a couple of weeks really, some mild ol banter about organic vs salt based nutrients & length of flush but ye 2 weeks is pretty solid for either nutrient regime & just makes for a better smoke...

One must not forget the slow air dry & curing process either !

Sorry mildly waffled on about stuff ?

Ye well cardboard box works, i used in the early days of my own endeavours - double check RH of room tho for drying as bud rot may occur whilst slow air drying !

001842.JPG
002866.JPG
005734.JPG

One of my first few grows :thumb:

here is 3rd day after i flushed my 1st plants, and I gotta go for a while after 5days... so i have to cut them down immediately, and let them dry for 4-5days, then i could bring them with me for a chill road =) what a nice future days,haha! but i'm kindda worry about the nutes in the plants. i know it maynot washout the nutes, but times hurry.. and i looked someone said "flush 2-3days is better than not flush" so I decide to dry them after 10hours.. good luck to myself:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom