Some sort of deficiency?

MaxT

Hey all. My NL plant is in the forth week of flowering and I'm seeing a bit of a problem. The leaves are not as green as they were and I'm noticing random brown spots on them. There are no signs of insect infestation. I water her every 3 days with about one gallon of bottled,distilled water. I feed her
Tiger Bloom Extra Strength 2-8-4 every third watering. I'm growing her inside under a 400w HPS light. Room temp is between 76 to 82 deg. Humidity 48 to 58%.
Posting pictures in the next post. Thanks for any help.

Sorry for the blurry pictures. Crappy camera.
mj45.jpg

mj123.jpg

where is the soil ph at? are you adjusting your water when you mix the ferts?

Hey RD. My soil ph is at 6.4. I just add the TB to the distilled water when I feed her.

Hmm.. first pic to me from a distance looks like some sort of pest damage. from the second one i'd say maybe calcium deficiency. distilled water lacks calcium, and i know this is where the ff line is lacking. what kind of soil mix are you using?

Hey,Rd. I use FF Ocean Forest. After reading up on it I think it is a calcium deficiency. I'm going to give her a flushing tonight and add some Cal-Mag. Thanks for the help.

Powdered Dolomite Lime will take care of the cal/mag issues AND keep the pH in the sweet spot.

Now that FFOF is using pine bark rather than fir bark, adding lime is really important.

DD

Hey,DD. Thanks for the help. I picked up some dolomite lime but aren't sure how much to ad and how to apply it.
I gave her a good flush on Thursday night and gave her some Cal-Mag.

2tbl/gallon of mix or 1cup/cf of mix is the amount of lime "I" use.

DD

Sorry,DD. Did a thread search and seen you have answered this same question countless times. I really appreciate your patiences.
I saw in one of your previous posts that it takes several days to see improvement. One more question,though. How often should you give a plant lime? Should I give it to her this week,wait a week and give her more?
Thanks once again.

I usually just add lime once, when I'm making my mix.

As a top dressing ??????

I would still say just once, but wait 2 or 3 weeks after application to see if it needs more. It's hard to over apply, but not impossible.

It's easy to put in, difficult to get out. Of course that goes for anything.

DD

certainly not nitrogen, but it could be magnesium -
you are in good hand here, so I will leave it here.
happy growing

I'm actually as color blind as a dog so I'm probly the wrong person to give advise about it :) I look at where the damage starts and the pattern. I agree about the nitrogen as well. Sry if I confused anyone. I'll keep quite unless I'm sure. Good luck brother they look great

Thanks superbluehaze, nycal hydro for your input. Really appreciate it. I added the lime, as Droopy Dog suggested, and I'm hoping that will solve the problem. I checked out previous posts by DD on the same subject where he had stated it would take about
7-10 days to see results. Its been about 6 days and I'm starting to see some green on new growth.
I also added some Cal-Mag the last two times I fed her. I gave her about 1 1/2 tsps each time. I'm just not sure how often you could or should use Cal-Mag.
Its getting close to harvest so I'm a little nervous. Thanks, again, to everyone.

Hey, everyone. Took my girl outside for some photos.
It's been about a week since I gave her lime. I have also watered her twice including
1 1/2 tsps of Cal-Mag each time. There's still a lot of yellow leaves on her. She's 38 days into flowering so I'm not sure if I should be too concerned. I'm not sure what the flowering time is for Northern Light plants. I'm guessing about 8 weeks?
Her buds are looking good,though. I've been giving her two tbsp of molasses with each watering.

Back
Top Bottom