Someone please help sick plant, need help!! Noob grower

Sup Fellow Growers,

Here are some pics of her tonight. Temp was 79 and RH was at 31%. I will be trying something a fellow grower suggested to increase humidity.

photo_2_1_42.JPG
photo_1_1_44.JPG

Before putting a young plant in such fertile soil get some water to the pH you want 6-7 and flush the soil before using. You can get a good cheap soil meter at almost any store that sells grow items. Going to tend my own more later.

Before putting a young plant in such fertile soil get some water to the pH you want 6-7 and flush the soil before using. You can get a good cheap soil meter at almost any store that sells grow items. Going to tend my own more later.

Dank,

I was thinking about trying your method of pre-flushing the FFOF, i had a question. Would a mix of 70% FFOF, and 30% perlite be good for drainage? Also one thing i notice is that when i water the sick plant, the perlite comes to the top and eventually settles, but if the perlite is at the top and the soil sinks to the bottom wont it eventually separate? Natural sifting you could say.

I emailed fox farms about the soil and the rep told me I should follow the below:Our soils come pH adjusted between 6.3 and 6.8. The method you use for testing the pH of your soil can affect the readings you get. Testing the runoff will not provide you with a clear picture of your soil pH. We recommend performing a soil slurry test. Here are directions on performing one:

Soil Slurry:
You will need to create two different slurries- a one part soil to one part distilled water slurry, and a one part soil to five parts distilled water slurry.

Method:
1. Combine one part substrate (by volume) to one water distilled water. In a separate container combine one part (by volume) of substrate to two parts (by volume) of distilled water. Ex: 4 oz substrate to 4 oz water and 4 oz substrate to 8 oz water.
2. Let the samples stand for 30 minutes to equilibrate
3. Pour the mixture into a clean funnel lined with a filter (coffee, tea or wire mesh strainer). Attaching a vacuum line or squeezing the solution through the filter with a spatula or gloved hand can help obtain the sample more quickly.
4. Collect the extract in a clean container and measure the pH.

You can test the pH of the slurry with the liquid pH meter. The 1:1 slurry should yield a pH between 5.2 and 5.7, while the 1:5 slurry should yield a pH between 6.2 and 6.8. Slurries with pH's in these ranges indicate that your soil pH is in the proper 6.3-6.8.

Things are starting to look up I believe. It would be safe to say if she starts to show new growth from her tops that is a good sign right? If that is the case my next issue to talk would be how to fix her root growth. She is a very short plant for her "age". I have done letting her dry out so it will stimulate root growth but I don't think it's working out in my favor.

What's up Antics,

My water regimen is I won't water until the soil is dry, and I am trying to get a feel for the pot weight. New pot size so I will have to readjust a bit. I water until I see some runoff. I let the I tail run off wit for about 30. Usually the water dries up and I re water again until I see a bit of runoff then I dumb that excess.

This time around the soil is dry about 2 inches down but when I feel a littler deeper I can feel the soil is still moist so I am not sure which how to follow in the case. At the moment I am waiting to for the plant to tell me and feeling the wight of the pot.

I also picked up some superthrive to help the roots, I have a batch mixed as per the direction on the bottle. Anyone out there have any other suggestions? Should I do just another plain watering again or can I do one with superthrive to help the roots.

Back
Top Bottom