Something is wrong - Trying to get serious

gman91

I'm new to growing, this is my first plant. I am starting to get more serious about this, mainly to save money.

My plant is roughly in its 6th week of flowering. It has been under a 600watt HPS in a temp controlled room. I've been watering it every few days with a mix of H20 - BudXL (the only nutes I have atm).

My leaves are starting to turn yellowish and sag, as you can see from the photos: any help is appreciated.

My clone is also looking a little under the weather - she is under 2 100 watt fluorescent lights. I've been feeding her drip that a friend collects during veg cycle (he reuses the water). I do have a PH tester, should I be testing the waters? I'm doing this with my old man, who mainly looks after our plants. He has been the one to do the mixing and feeding thus far.

one, yes you should be checking the ph of the water after adding your nutes, then make ph adjustments.
And you should be using more than water and bud xl, otherwise your yield is going to GREATLY suffer.
Your clone looks like its ready to be planted into a proper pot and fed some nitrogen.

Also, what temperatures are you keeping them at? what is your grow medium? the more information you can give us, the better we can assist mate.

* You need a proper room or a tent. Including proper ventilation, proper reflective material.
* You need a light for the size of the room. I suggest a 600watt for a 4' X 4' space.
* You need proper nutrients. Look up H3AD's formula, or Lucas formula. I suggest going with Coco + Perlite. It's cheap and easy. Two nutrients in most cases, and with H3AD's formula and coco, you don't even need Calmag (which your plants clearly have a deficiency of)
* You always need to test PH. Always. If the water is not the proper PH, your plants can't intake the nutrients.
* You may also have spider mites. It's hard to tell, but get a magnifying class and check under the leaves.

The main issue from the looks of it is you need a proper nutrient. They look deficient in a number of things.

Thanks everyone for the honest feedback! On that note, this plant is our first run, we're trying to learn! Our next few runs will definitely be more precise and controlled, as we are in the process of currently doing this. We have recently built a 5x6 room with ~8 foot ceilings, we will soon be hanging drywall, finish lining the room with mylar and cutting holes for the hood ducting. I purchased a 600watt apollo hood from ebay (includes a MH and HPS bulb, we're using the HPS), along with a 600watt Quantum ballast. We ordered some ducting/fan/mylar and PH tester while we were at it.

I'm more concerned about our next runs, so my clone is my top priority. We did struggle with spider mites on the flowering plant, we bought some spider mite spray from the local hydro store, we've been spraying the plant every 7ish days.

I want to start ordering nutes and other important necessities. I was recommended some CloneXL for starting our clones, the same person recommend MOAB (Mother Of All Bloom), Bud XL, Root's Excel and Flora Nova, they also recommend coco coil for our soil.

I've been doing a tremendous amount of reading, trying to stuff my brain with as much info before we dive into this. If anyone can recommend some good books, or reads that may help me out, it would be much appreciated.

Some info I have collected this far:
Bulb(s)
MH Bulb – Vegative & Other Growth Stages
HPS Bulb – Flowering ONLY

Growing State(s)
Vegative State = 18in/6out for Indica (or 24 in for sativa/hybrid)
Flowering State = 12in/12out

Humidity Levels
Cutting/Seeding stage = 70%-80% RH
Vegative Stage = 50%-80% RH
Flowering Stage = 40%-50% RH

pH Levels
Marijuana responds best to a pH level between 5.5 and 6.5 in Hydroponic situations.
Marijuana responds best to a pH level between 6.0 and 6.5 in soil-grown situations.

Grow Room Temp
Optimal Temp= 75°F-85°F
Extra Carbon Dioxide present= 86°F-90°F

Once again, thanks everyone for the help!

glad you're picking yourself up by the boot straps and digging in!
I'm going to let you know in advance, you're going to need something larger than a 600w light with those dimensions on the room.
I would either buy another light to go with it, or get myself some CFLs (or honestly any grow light) to provide supplemental side lighting.
I paid about 65$ for all of my fittings and lights\sockets to make two, 6 bulb side panels. each one has 6 23w(100w replacement) 3 warm spectrum, 3 cool spectrum ( i have them mixed for flowering. during veg its all 6500k cfl)
If you're going to grow in coco, remember, cal-mag issues tend to happen.
neem oil, is your friend, over watering is not..

Can't wait to see a journal, keep it up!

18/6 for Sativa plants as well.

70% max RH for vegetative growth phase.

I have gotten my best result with PH 5.8 water only for cloning, no additives.

Do not forget a circulation fan in your grow room, use 4x4 for plants and the other 2x4 area for humidifier/dehumidifier, carbon filter and circulation fan. Then you will be fine with your 600 watt ballast and bulbs.

18/6 for Sativa plants as well.

70% max RH for vegetative growth phase.

I have gotten my best result with PH 5.8 water only for cloning, no additives.

Do not forget a circulation fan in your grow room, use 4x4 for plants and the other 2x4 area for humidifier/dehumidifier, carbon filter and circulation fan. Then you will be fine with your 600 watt ballast and bulbs.

Thanks for the feedback! We have a 10" oscillating fan currently in the flower room, I also have a smaller clip-on fan in my veg space.

I'll be posting some updates of my seedlings, they are currently on day ten.

Any recommendations on a cheap humidifier and carbon filter?

Here are some progress pics of my clone and my seedlings - any feedback would be great!

I have two 45w (150w equivalent) CFL bulbs that you can see in the images. I'm using Technaflora Recipe For Success kit. I'm also using Fox Farms Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching.

Progress (Ranging from most current to oldest.):

October 10th
October_10th.jpg

October 10th
October_10th_-_2.jpg

October 7th
October_7th.jpg

October 7th
October_7th_-_2.jpg

October 2nd
October_2nd_-_3.jpg

September 30th