Oh wow. Those links are pretty prominent. Copy them quick because 420 might take them down.

Oh and I almost forgot. Real Debrid's links are privately hosted and secure so you don't need a VPN to stream them.

Guys I have to have a discussion about coco coir. I have tried growing in coco with organic amendments twice now and the same thing happens every time. I add my coco, amend it just like soil and put mulch on top in fabric pots. Then the roots grow and fill up the coco and just keep packing tighter and tighter until the entire root ball is a hard rubbery puck and starts choking the plant. Then it turns yellow and stops growing. In fact, the very plant that you see above was in coco at one point. I had to literally cut a chunk of the root ball out with a knife just to transplant it back into peat. This never happens when I'm growing in regular soil. I have heard that to counter this choking off, mix hydroton clay balls into the coco coir, but I see plenty of people growing in plain coco without these effects. Also, Canna recommends not adding anything to their coco in the form of Hydroton or perlite.

It almost seems as though my method of mulching and fabric pots is too good for roots and it is my detriment.

Have you guys experienced this when growing in coco? And why does this same thing not happen when growing in peat based soils?

I have been using Venom

Thx, will def check it out!

I also have a RealDebrid account for premium links

Yeah, I got it after your tip last winter. Been using it ever since, works great for me too! Never any issues with broken links or stuff like that.

ResolveURL

Got that too. :)

Thx for taking time and ensuring I got the latest stuff for watching. :)

Sending you some karma and this... :passitleft:

Those links are pretty prominent

Lol, you think the administrators even know what kodi addons are? I haven't met a person yet who do know what kodi is. :D

Real Debrid's links are privately hosted and secure so you don't need a VPN to stream them.

Sure got that too. I ditched my streaming vpn this winter as well. Now I just use NordNet to my other hobbies. ;)

Guys I have to have a discussion about coco coir.

Ok, I got no experience with runninging coco but I do run in alternate medium. I use a mixture of claypebles/hydrocorn with Perlite mix in. I would guess it sounds like your test subjects were running low on food, I had this problem also when I began running in this alternate medium. The more power your lights put out the more food they must be able to take up from the hydro feeding. I'm currently running a mixture of 2,6ms/cm to 2,9ms/cm and they still demand more food! But this is a fine balance when having multiple plants in different stages of bloom demanding different nutrient levels in the hydro feed.

Don't know if this applies with your circumstances but it sounds to me like they are starving to death... you got a ms/ec meter?

Have you guys experienced this when growing in coco? And why does this same thing not happen when growing in peat based soils?
Is this Canna Coco? if it is, it's not straight coco, but a mix of coco and soil or peat "designed" for cannabis (whatever that means!). KingJoe had a damn hard time with it after having much success in straight coco.

I thought you were strictly in your blended LOS now.

Thx Retrix! Tested out that Venom fork yesterday, worked like a dream! Much more new content than Yoda! Was a bit slow first but I was probably to hot on the buttons before it had installed correctly. Watched Doom Annihilation haha it was freakin worse than the first movie... lol. Always fun to see Dr. Carmac loose his life.

How is the cuttings/clones doing?

Lol, you think the administrators even know what kodi addons are? I haven't met a person yet who do know what kodi is. :D

From Teddy:
Off-site links to software and downloads are not permitted due to the thread of viruses, trojans and malware.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

Teddy Edwards

:Namaste:

LMAO! Teddy knows. But he knows everything so ....

Thx for taking time and ensuring I got the latest stuff for watching. :)
Sending you some karma and this... :passitleft:

Thanks! I need all of the Karma I can get!

Don't know if this applies with your circumstances but it sounds to me like they are starving to death... you got a ms/ec meter?

You know I was thinking the same thing. That maybe the organic amendments don't break down fast enough to keep up with these crazy roots. They were growing right out the top of the coco at one point like white worms all over the top of the pot. I don't use an EC meter with organic soil. I'm not even sure how you would measure that. LOL

Is this Canna Coco? if it is, it's not straight coco, but a mix of coco and soil or peat "designed" for cannabis (whatever that means!). KingJoe had a damn hard time with it after having much success in straight coco.

I thought you were strictly in your blended LOS now.

Yes it's Canna. I didn't know it wasn't pure coco though. I know it is a lot more course than the cheap stuff. And I am growing in my trusted LOS now. But I started out trying to do ammended coco coir with my Zamaldelica and then again with this plant before I finally got sick of fighting with it and transplanted back into Super Soil. I read that there is only a 16% agverage gain in output from using coco anyway so I'm going to just stick with peat.

Thx Retrix! Tested out that Venom fork yesterday, worked like a dream! Much more new content than Yoda! Was a bit slow first but I was probably to hot on the buttons before it had installed correctly. Watched Doom Annihilation haha it was freakin worse than the first movie... lol. Always fun to see Dr. Carmac loose his life.

How is the cuttings/clones doing?

You're welcome Crazy. And I see now that you are extremely Kodi Savvy so I can relax. You got this pimpin. I haven't watched any of the DOOM movies because I knew they would be stupid. Angelina Jolie absolutely ruined the Tomb Raider franchise for me years ago.

As far as the clones go? Well I'm glad you asked. Stay tuned for a new update in 3...2...1

WKD02365.JPG

October 13, 2019

I forgot to switch the irrigation program back on after flooding the tray on the GSC and she started to dry out a little. Her leaves started turning a little yellow. Switched it back on at 20 min 3 times a week instead of the previous 15 min.

Hopefully I will be chopping her big ass down soon. Her bottom brush is so congested with dying foliage and lack of light but I can't do anything for her now. She shouldn't have grown so much.

WKD02364.JPG

As far as the cuttings go, I pulled off the middle top vent and left it for a day. I was busy this weekend and didn't pay attention and they lost a little too much moisture and were drooping. I closed off the top vent and opened the 2 smaller vents on the bottom sides and it seems to work much better for right now.

Today I pulled the dome off and noticed that one of the clones had some white powdery crap on the leaves so I immediately pulled it out of the bunch. I think that by them touching the top of the container it is providing a means for mold and mildew to start growing.

WKD02358.JPG

I decided to get rid of it instead of chancing that shit spreading to the rest of the clones. And while were at it, might as well check to see if the roots are starting to come in at least.

WKD02366.JPG

I would say that's a success.

I had read somewhere that taking clones from the top of the plant isn't recommended because they have less rooting hormone than lower branches.
But the stems are just so fat and they look really healthy so I went ahead and took 3 more cuttings from the tops. These are a lot shorter than the other ones and if they root, I'm certainly going to use these instead of the longer ones.

WKD02350.JPG

I read that it may take these longer to root and since I want this to take as long as possible that isn't a negative for me.
I was a little more relaxed this time and I took the time to scrape the stems and cut them to a more desirable starting height.

The rest of the cuttings look okay for now as well.

WKD02348.JPG
WKD02351.JPG
WKD02352.JPG
WKD02353.JPG
WKD02354.JPG
WKD02359.JPG
WKD02360.JPG
WKD02361.JPG

So far so good. Fingers crossed.

Angelina Jolie absolutely ruined the Tomb Raider franchise for me years ago.

Lol! Don't even get started on me with the last Tomb Raider with Alicia Wikander, good looking Swedish female, she did even a more worse job than Jolie...

I'm not even sure how you would measure that. LOL

I'm sure Shed has a spell for that... You should be able to take some value of the runoff but I'm to unsure of this to say I know. But what's inside usually comes out with water. That's the neat thing about hydro, it's easy to keep in check what the plant takes in and can easily be changed.

She shouldn't have grown so much.

LOL! I wounder how many times I said that to myself! :)

I had read somewhere that taking clones from the top of the plant isn't recommended because they have less rooting hormone than lower branches.

No idea but it sounds true. When I was cloning I wanted a firm stem to hold up the cutting in the cloner, the weaker the stem was the easier it gave way and fell down after a few days if the cloning wasn't extremely flawless. I have NO experience with cloning directly in soil I used my cloner to ensure they got good roots before potting them. But I don't see why you shouldn't succeed with it, but I do think you need to give them more time than this before expecting roots. In my cloner it usually took them 7-14 days before even showing root forming.

Sending more karma and weed your way...
:passitleft:

Lol! Don't even get started on me with the last Tomb Raider with Alicia Wikander, good looking Swedish female, she did even a more worse job than Jolie...

I tried to watch it twice and both times I ended up turning it off before I even made it half way through.

I would love you see cut out a nice plant from that mother and bloom her off, you could have weed from her in 8-9 weeks from now if you start blooming her now.

I thought about doing that at one point. maybe that can be a plan B.

I would love you see cut out a nice plant from that mother and bloom her off

I did look at the plant but unfortunately it won't work for me. The bottom two feet of the plant is all dead from not getting any light. 18" is about as high as I like to let them get before they are getting dangerously close to the light. She is just too big and that's the whole reason I'm taking clones in the first place. And don't worry Shed, I will have a new set of full roots soon enough. :)

I clone tops successfully all the time :).

That's good to know. You wouldn't believe all of the asinine crap that is plastered all over the internet about clones.
and how you can't take them from tops.

he clones have at least 4-5 weeks before they are even remotely near any bloom stage if rushing them and that's no good....

I'm in no rush for this at all. LOL I don't even need this cannabis but I just wanted to try the GSC. I didn't realize these plants grew so damn big or else I would have never put this thing in a 10 gallon pot! LOL

Back
Top Bottom