You can't fool all the people all the time...., as some famous person once sang... ;)

"If you fool me once, shame....shame on you, If you fool me twice......can't git fooled again!"

I'd put it back on for two hours and then take it off for an hour, and cycle like that for a day.

And what about tomorrow? Would you leave it off tomorrow or continue with on and off?

Tomorrow I would go longer and see how they look.

I made a delicious steak and shrimp dinner with buttered, green onion potatoes and I nice salad. I was delicious. I topped it all off with a delicious wheat beer. The reason I'm telling you this is not to make you hungry Shed, It's just that I forgot all about the dome being off while enjoying this delicious feast, and 4 hours later, I checked on the clones and still no wilting. So I gave them a light spray and just left the dome off. I did, however, turn off all circulation fans and just have the exhaust on low.

Yes you have made me hungry, and no you shouldn't spray the leaves. The idea is that they are forced to get their water from the soil and make roots to do it!

Oh wow I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip.

Though it might mean leaving the dome on a bit longer if you've been spraying them.

Well they were doing so good that I was going to try leaving the dome off and spraying them periodically in lieu of putting it back on every 2 hours, but they have had it off for almost 8 hours now and they look fine so as long as there is no sagging I will just let them go.

WKD02376.JPG

Great! The sooner they root the sooner you can feel good about moving out the mother.

OMG don't get me started. I removed 2 of the branches and chopped them up. It looks like I didn't even do anything. (She's so big that I have to remove her in sections)

there are perforations on mine on the sides for roots to come through I guess. You know me, Shed. If something fucked up can happen, it will. I will try to cut the bottom off and then the whole thing will fall apart or something. LOL

WKD02378.JPG

I chopped down a few more branches today. You can tell she would have been amazing if I had the space to let her do her thing. She is nothing like Cali Connections GSC as far as size goes. This one would be great outside or in a greenhouse I think.

WKD02390.JPG

She's pretty close to 5 feet tall now.

WKD02380.JPG

I decided to keep the 2 shorter potted clones and toss the rest of the taller ones. A gentle tug on the stem and they are firm in the soil. They are on the floor now next to the humidifier.
I will keep these as an insurance policy for the time being.

The 3 newer clones were given some Oregonism XL in a eyedropper last night,

WKD02370.JPG
WKD02373.JPG
WKD02374.JPG

Today they are sagging a little but the purple is fading from the stems. They have either absorbed the XL through their cuts, or they have roots too.

WKD02386.JPG
WKD02389.JPG

They should be ready to go by the time their mother has dried out enough for me to remove the rest of her.
I forgot to turn off the watering schedule last night and now she has a fully saturated pot all over again. LOL But that is certainly a first world growers problem.

I opened the tent today and got a nice surprise as the 3 newer clones were drooping so bad that I thought they were dead. I quickly sprayed them down and put a dome over them for a few hours until they recovered.

WKD02394.JPG

The 2 potted clones are doing fine.

WKD02395.JPG

I decided that it was time for the mother to go. I just cannot maintain this plant in the tent while trying to regulate the humidity in the tent.

After removing the mother, I connected the AC Infinity to the "work2" port on the inkbird. This is where ACInfinity's controller falls short, and is why I opted for the plain fan without their controller.

WKD02396.JPG

I sealed up the tent and set the controller to maintain 90% humidity. As long as the Humidity remains at 90%, the exhaust stays off. If it goes above 92%, The fan kicks on and draws the excess out of the tent until it reaches 90%. If it drops below 90%, then the humidifier kicks on until it reaches the set point.

WKD02392.JPG

I have no idea why AC Infinity didn't adopt this form of humidity control but it is what it is.

I will slowly ramp down the humidity in the tent to harden them off naturally over the next week or so.

WKD02393.JPG

Hope your clones get busy soon and root, how long have you had them now? This is why I prefer hydro cloning, very easy to see if the roots take on fast or not. Some do it faster than others and you are having hard time to see which one now. I'm skeptic to the high RH you got, isn't it easier with the lid still on instead of having to control environment in the hole tent? :hmmmm:

But the looks very green and very much alive so there is hope!!! Sending good karma to them, and u R! :high-five:

I'm crying for that mother.... :rip:

Hope your clones get busy soon and root, how long have you had them now?

The 2 in the pots are 2 weeks old tomorrow. They have already rooted.

you are having hard time to see which one now.

Actually, they are all doing great Crazy.

I'm skeptic to the high RH you got, isn't it easier with the lid still on instead of having to control environment in the hole tent? :hmmmm:

Well I'm done with the humidity dome now. And even though the plants are out in the open tent now, the humidity still needs to be monitored. And as far as easy, the controller does everything LOL.

I'm crying for that mother....

I'm not. I'm glad she is gone in fact. I can breathe much easier now.

WKD02409.JPG

October 20, 2019

After giving this much thought, I have decided to go with 2 plants in 2 gallon pots.
I would like to keep these on the smaller side this time.
The 2 potted clones are a little further along and I will keep them for the time being. The clones in the peat plugs keep drying out so I picked the 2 that I like best and put them in pots with BAS, lightly moistened. I left them in the plug and buried the whole thing. Being in pots seems to be working well for the 2 older clones.

WKD02412.JPG
WKD02413.JPG

They are already looking better.

I'm keeping the plugged clone as well for the time being.

WKD02414.JPG

I had to spray everything down because I had the tent open while I was re-potting them. They are still very fragile but they will be okay in another week or so.
For now I'm still at 90% humidity. Now that I have them in pots, I will try lowering it to 80% in a few days.

I have new filters on the water purifier, and a new LOS soil mix so I'm excited for this one.

Back
Top Bottom