Just a quick update. The clones are still green and alive, although the one on the left seems to be struggling a little. I dropped the humidity down to 80% a few days ago. I will be away for about 15 days so the Kasa Smart will have to take care of this by itself. It should be fine because I'm not really doing anything now but peaking in the tent every few days.

WKD02417.JPG
WKD02418.JPG
WKD02419.JPG
WKD02420.JPG

It looks like the Kasa Smart was able to take care of the plants while I was away without killing them, even through a power outage and a extremely 'conservative' watering schedule.

This is a picture of the plants when I opened the tent before any input from me.

WKD02594.JPG

The pots are bone dry and light, the humidity is at 34%. They have somehow survived with the exception of one of the older clones which actually died before I left.

WKD02596.JPG

This one I was most certain would die while I was gone but somehow it survived.

WKD02595.JPG

This one is thriving and green.

WKD02597.JPG

The final older clone is drooping from lack of water but is still hanging on.

WKD02598.JPG
WKD02599.JPG
WKD02600.JPG

I had the watering schedule set for one minute per week which was obviously not enough.
The power outage somehow fried the humidity controller so they were without it at least part of the time that I was away.

I immediately gave them a 3 minute flood of the tray to water the roots.

WKD02601.JPG
WKD02602.JPG
WKD02603.JPG

I think I'm going to stick with the flooding technique through this grow and see how it works out.

I have put them back on a full lighting schedule with the MoonShot. They look to be a little stunted probably from not getting enough water, but I will get them going soon with a compost tea to re-establish the bacterial population.

In the meantime, enjoy a delicious bowl of green apple caramel corn!

WKD02606.JPG

November 25, 2019

It's been slow going here for the past week. In typical Girl Scout Cookie fashion, even her clones are slow to take off.
But they seem to be sorting themselves out now.
I gave them a drench of Oregonism XL and decided to switch back to drip emitters for watering.
I also received the replacement humidity controller from Ink-Bird and now they are at a constant 60%.
Oh, and by the way, The beer in that picture is an example of a very poorly executed Hefe Weizen.
Weihenstephaner, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

WKD02607.JPG

The plant on the right is the smaller of the two, but it looks like she is catching up. She is a little yellow but that may be due to getting too much light.

WKD02609.JPG

The clone on the left is a little taller and more bushy.

WKD02608.JPG

They are currently at 6 hours of low wattage led light, and 12 hours of MoonShot.

WKD02610.JPG

WKD02611.JPG

Nice going with the clones! They look like they are ready for take off, I would go all in with the lights now. :blunt:

Beer is not my thing anymore... they were too good for me. Loved a sweet beer made here in Sweden called "Eriksberg", lovely sweet fruity taste. Try it if you have a chance. :p

Nice going with the clones! They look like they are ready for take off, I would go all in with the lights now. :blunt:

Beer is not my thing anymore... they were too good for me. Loved a sweet beer made here in Sweden called "Eriksberg", lovely sweet fruity taste. Try it if you have a chance. :p

Thank you Crazy, I will. Oh and about the lights, They are still wilting after about 12 hours so not yet, but soon my friend. I'm thinking about 1 more week and we should be good.

Sorry to hear about the disappointing beer Retrix. Better luck next time I guess.

Well of course I had to 'dispose' of it, irregardless of the shameful act of bottling it in the first place, I'm sure of it.

Back
Top Bottom