Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

I think either one would do great for autos with some good ol' nutes :) . I started with 1/4 strength of FF and worked my way to full throughout the grow. I was using Terra Professional Plus. Just make sure you know what the PH should be haha.

I had an oopsie when I thought mine should be in soil range and realized later it should be in soil-less range. :rollingeyes:

Yes, I have a need to wait. I want to grow them under 18/6 during their entire lifetime. If I start them now, they will be under 12/12.
It really doesn't matter Sorenna. With autos I bounce them around from tent to tent, wherever there's space with no ill effects. You can start them under 12/12 and leave them be when you flip the tent back to 18/6.
As far as your other girl there's nothing to worry about. The calyxes swell up pretty big on some re-veggies. I've seen it more times than I remember.

Yes, I have a need to wait. I want to grow them under 18/6 during their entire lifetime. If I start them now, they will be under 12/12. In my original grow I wanted to do 2 autos, but one turned out to be a photo, so I had to put my auto under flipped lighting as well.

And I still need to get some soil. I cannot make up my mind what I want to use. I want to use DocBud's High Brix, but it is a bit out of my financial reach at the moment. So, Im thinking either Pro Mix or Roots Organic. Im currently taking opinions on those, btw. :) Im researching and choosing while Louise is finishing up.

I don't think of high brix as more expensive than other soils. When you compare high brix to the cost of fertilizer, high brix is on the low side. As I understand it, the most expensive part of high brix is the earth worm castings in the soil. :)

UPDATE: Louise Day 78 ~ Day 38 Flower

The catch word for today is yellow. Louise has turned yellow, like over night. At lights on yesterday she was yellow. I fed her and watered her but apparently I didnt do something right. Im kinda bummed.

Here she is....in natural color... so you can see her yellowness.

Even in the pink lights you can very easily see the yellow leaves.
louise10151.jpg

louise10152.jpg

louise10155.jpg

louise10154.jpg

louise10153.jpg

Despite the yellow, she appears to be fattening up her flowers a bit. Some of her pistils are turning amber colored and none of her pistils are as stand-at-attention as they were. She is also apparently continuing to gain frostyness. That makes me happy.

She looks good Sorenna. I wouldn't worry about the yellow too much. Most flowering plants end of yellow in the end. You could always give her a little N boost and she will be just fine. Those buds are just sucking all the nutrients up. :)

If you want to see yellow, you should see my AK48 these days. I haven't made an update in a few days and won't have time till after the weekend.

Thanks, Shadowmoses. Im trying not to worry. I know its normal for them to yellow up at the end, but Im not sure 4 weeks away counts as close enough to the end.

Ive been watching your AK48. Ive watched it turn yellow and back again and then back to yellow again. Ill be watching for your update.

Remember my autos? They turned with like 4 weeks to go or so and yielded just fine :) .

Yeah, that AK48 has some crazy roots that just sucks everything out of my soil. I just transplanted her into 7 gallon pots on Wednesday. I suspect that won't hold her long at all though. Same old same old with her. Sucks all nutrients out of soil starts turning yellow, transplant, turn green, 3 weeks later back to yellow.

I agree with shadowmoses. It looks like end of life necrotic leaves. You're coming into the end now. Pistils are fading? Leaf necrosis is just part of the process for many plants.

She looks stunning Sorenna.

So yall are telling me shes not going to go as long as I thought? Im thinking she has 4 more weeks. Maybe 2 then?

So yall are telling me shes not going to go as long as I thought? Im thinking she has 4 more weeks. Maybe 2 then?

I'm thinking about 3 or 4 weeks sounds good. I wouldn't worry so much about the leaves. Just make sure you watch your pistols. The way I harvest is to watch for new pistol growth. As pistol formation starts to slow, I wait a week or so and see if she has another pistol surge in her. If not, then it is time for harvest. Otherwise, I let the next surge of pistols turn and rinse and repeat.

I think you can get 3 or maybe 4 weeks out of her. I would give her a nice dose of N in her next feeding though.

Budding up real nice Sorenna!

I swear when the plants are getting into that final burst of bud fattening they shut down the roots and take what they need from the older leaves. One of my potted plants did that much earlier than I thought it should so I fed it more, no change. Decided to flush it real good and feed it. Again no change but did a test on the soil and saw a larva so covered the top of the soil of both pots with diatomaceous earth and bottom watered with neem added and still no change. Just the way the unknown strain wanted to grow and a week or so after all that I cropped her and got a measly 56g of dry bud and another 18 of sugar trim with popcorn.

This is one of the reasons that I don't agree with defoliating. The more leaves on the plant when it gets to this stage the more resources it has to draw on when it wants it. Not to mention that they produce food for the whole plant while vegging. One of these days I'll do a side-by-side with a couple clones off the same mother and see what happens. My grow room has nothing living in it at the moment so I need to fix that ASAP.
:)

:peace:

My grow room has nothing living in it at the moment so I need to fix that ASAP. :)

:peace:

Yes you do. This is wrong, on so many levels, you know??? :laughtwo:

UPDATE: Louise Day 81 ~ Day 41 Flower

Hello all. :blushsmile:

First, let me say that there are no pictures today. I used up all the batteries for my camera and it will be a minute before I can get more.

So, she looks exactly like she did 3 days ago, only a little bit more yellow. I watered her 2 days ago with a small amount of N in it. It wasnt enough or its just not effective. Grrrr. She seems to be stalled all over. I just dont like the look of her. Tonight I am giving her her regular feed, including N, all at 25% strength and see if there is any improvement. If not, then I will not feed her anymore and will wait 2 weeks to see what she does and then harvest her at that point. It seems to me she is using her resources too quickly, too soon. Anyway, this is my plan. Homestretch now, come what may. haha

Exercise caution Sorenna. It's easy to fall into "rescue mode" when what you're dealing with may simply be end-stage necrotic leaves. What do you mean by "stalled?" Is she not growing vertically (she should have finished any stretch)? Is she developing trichomes? Pistils and trichomes are her focus now. That's it.

Yeah, I know. Her pistils are changing to orange, but there are still some white ones. Shes just not getting fat or anything. I dont expect vertical growth. She did her stretching weeks back. Im not trying to rescue her really. Im thinking that this is probably her last feeding before the 2 weeks before harvest. I cant see how it will hurt anything. Now its just waiting for her to be done.

You'll be surprised at how much she can pack on in a couple weeks time. Go take a look at Graytail's weekly updates and be amazed. From now on she just gets beefier and frostier. I'm getting excited about your future buzzes. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom