Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

Sorenna

Hi my 420 friendlies. :blushsmile:

Well, Im already missing my journal and the only remedy I know for that malady is to make a new one! Weeee!
So, here we go:

What strain is it? Strawberry Blue

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Sativa dominant - I dont know the percentages.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg, Re-Veg actually.

If in Veg... For how long? Approximately 2 weeks.

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? Fox Farms Happy Frog + a little bit of perlite mixed in.

If soil... What size pot? 5 Gallon Fabric Smart Pot.

Size of light? Mars-Hydro Reflector series 96 x 3w LED

Is it aircooled? No

Temp of Room/cab? Approximately 75 degrees

RH of Room/cab? 65%

PH of media or res? 6.5

Any Pests? None, unless you count me. (And I think Louise does, lol)

How often are you watering? 2 times per week

Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farms Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Grow Big @ 25% strength.

Let me start off by saying that I had no intention of revegging this girl. She gave me lots of problems, or I created them and she didnt appreciate it, whichever. She has strikes against her such as 1) Her main stem split about 1.5 inches deep where I originally topped her. I dont know how it happened, but it surely did. 2) Since I didnt plan this, I will literally be flying by the seat of my pants. No clue what Im doing. My expectations are low at this point, but not too low or I wouldnt have bothered with another journal for her in the first place.

I'll recap the last 2 weeks for yall. I chopped her 2 weeks ago because of her split trunk. I thought she would die. After I took her goodies, I just left her in the pot, in the dark with no love and no light. One week later I wanted to take the "garbage" out and get my pots and tent ready for the next grow. When I turned on the light, she actually had a nice, green 3" shoot coming from one of the cut branches. In the dark! I was shocked to say the least. At that point I hadnt done anything to her split, it was just like it was when I first noticed it. I decided to tape up her boo boo and see what she would do. So, she got medical treatment, love, light, and encouragement.

Here we are 1 week later and she still has her shoot and she is growing others, though they are just coming out. From the guide I read I learned that I would have to repot her, since the soil would be depleted after one grow already. So, thats what I did. I repotted her a little while ago. My first repot of any sort, baby plant or mature. Never really thought my first repot would be a mature plant, but we all know what happens when I start doing my own thinking. hehe

I dont know what will happen. She may die. She may hermie. She may grow really big and triple her harvest compared to the last one. I cant guess. lol If she dies, I have a plan B, never fear. If she doesnt make it, I will pop a THC Bomb auto and continue with the journal that way.

Here are few pictures of "my new baby", Louise - Strawberry Blue.

You see her in her entirety here. Remember, when I chopped her it was with no intention of revegging, so the branches may be long or weird. Only my second one to cut up.
louise7311.jpg

A little closer view of that main, rambunctious shoot.
louise7312.jpg

My apologies for the look of this one, but it shows where I taped her up.
louise7313.jpg

Thats it for now. I hope yall have a wonderful day. Now Im off to wash off all this dirt.

Toodles!

*grins* Hi Rascio. Ill just stand back here out of the way while you admire my problem child.

Oh, and :welcome:

Hello Whitty and welcome! Very nice to see you. Ooo I see you are growing a Blueberry Auto. That one is on my wish list. Ill mosey on over and have a look-see.

I doubt shell make anything easier. Sometimes I think she has taken it upon herself to teach me how to care for a plant, even if it kills her (which it might!)

Welcome Professor! :blushsmile:

Louise was always my favorite - then again, I have yet to give up on a cannabis plant.

It isn't always worth it (my latest harvest is an est 2 grams after 14 months,) but in a few weeks you will be able to tell.

I'm here to see the magic happen !

Hiya Radogast!

I dunno whats gonna happen, magic or mayhem. lol Probably mayhem because it follows me like a puppy. I just dont see any good reason not to at least try when she seems so excited to grow. If she doesnt make it, I do still have some Bomb seeds.

Thanks for coming in Radogast. :blushsmile:

Whew!! First page??? YES!!!

Here for the sparkling company as well as the delight of watching a reveg. I'm seriously thinking of revegging my Cheese Candy. It's like there's a whole other plant growing under there.

Hello there Miz Sue! :blushsmile: Welcomes!

You have an advantage over me. Ive not seen a reveg. I had to google it to learn anything about it. haha Im glad you had a moment to stop by. Will you have room in your perpetual tent in your rotation for a re-veg. Im curious how that would fit in. Ill be watching and drooling, probably. hehe

I like that quote in your siggie about trinkets and treasures. It caught my eye because Trinket is one of my online nics that I use for some forums and one game I play.

Have a great day.

Today Im making cannabutter. Im using this recipe: CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps! Im using all the leaves from Thelma and yall know how many leaves she had. She still had most of them when I chopped her minus the ones that turned yellow there at the end. I also have all her sticks and stems plus the stems from Louise as well. She had no leaves except sugar leaves when I chopped her. All of her fan leaves had fallen presumably because she split her trunk.

Tomorrow, Im going to make some chocolate chip cookies. I cant wait. :) Im having fun today making the butter. While its simmering (for 3 hours) Im giving my kitchen a nice deep cleaning and listening to old style country music like I did when I was a youngun. :)

Its a good day. Tomorrow promises to be even better! Special chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm

Hello there Miz Sue! :blushsmile: Welcomes!

You have an advantage over me. Ive not seen a reveg. I had to google it to learn anything about it. haha Im glad you had a moment to stop by. Will you have room in your perpetual tent in your rotation for a re-veg. Im curious how that would fit in. Ill be watching and drooling, probably. hehe

I like that quote in your siggie about trinkets and treasures. It caught my eye because Trinket is one of my online nics that I use for some forums and one game I play.

Have a great day.

I've seen a couple revegs, but I'd never planned on trying to ever do one, so I didnt pay close attention. I may have to set up a third area somewhere. I need to research. So much to learn, you know? :laughtwo:

Good luck with your butter-making and magical cookie baking. I'll bring the coffee. :battingeyelashes:

Dang it.. now I have to go buy a coffeepot. lol

lol.. Cool. We are not coffee drinkers, but I could drown a person in sweet, iced tea. :blushsmile:

The butter is done. Woot! Woot! I made 3 lbs of it. I should get more than 1 batch of cookies from it, I think. Right now it is cooling and separating. Ill pour off the icky water tomorrow after its had a chance to set up.

I cant wait to try my first edible. My mouth is already watering. *happy dances*

:high-five:

UPDATE: Day 8 (approximately)

Miss Louise seems to have tolerated the transplant relatively well. I see she has some discoloration of some of her bigger leaves. This is not a worry, unless it becomes worse. Im not real sure why she did that, but then she always has me scratching my head. Her new little leaves are all gnarled and funkadelic. I read this was normal for the first few sets of leaves and soon enough her leaves will be normal and soon after that, shell look like a proper plant. Time will tell.

For the first 7 days I kept her under the blue spectrum of the LED and the CFL's 24 hours a day. Im not real sure why I did that, but it seemed right, so I did it. But now I think its time for her to go back to her 18/6 veg sched and so her days are back as she is used to them. "Dawn" at 8pm and "dusk" at 2pm. Now there is a sentence one doesnt say every day. haha.

I know she cant have, because of the transplant probably shocked her half to death, but she seems kinda filling out a bit in the area of the longest shoot. Wishful thinking Im sure, but thats okay. :blushsmile:

Louise8011.jpg

louise8012.jpg

I hope yall have a great day or night or anytime in between. :blushsmile:

Back
Top Bottom