Sour-Bubba OG Growing under some CFL's:

Re: "Sour-Bubba" OG Growing under some CFL's:

Heyhey, just got caught up on yer grow here. Doing a real nice job. Love the LST, I am using that technique on my plants as well. Sorry to hear about your gnat issue. I know Joe Coffee had a hell of a battle with them little suckers. I think he did end up using DE to help kill off the larvae. Anyways, just wanted to say what up, good job and I will be watching. Stay green brother.

L8ER

Whats up Grooster thanks for coming i will since i pull a cover over the soil i have alot less gnats

Glad the covers are helping. They will die off slowly esspescially if your using a repelant anlong w/ stickies. your on the right track. Another thing you want to keep an eye out for is water sitting ANYWHERE. Stagnant water promotes insect growth, so just keep an eye out for water. Other then that you should be all good, your winning the battle, you just gotta stick it out. great work!!

I do think its time for an update

The cover i made to cover my soil
IM000635.JPG

IM000637.JPG

IM000636.JPG

IM000632.JPG

IM000631.JPG

I just repotted my plant that was affected with the Fungus Gnat problem. For some reason I suspected that using one of those painter buckets with no holes drilled in the side was a part of the problem.... None the less I cleaned the roots as best as I could and replaced with sterilized soil.

Yeah im glad i drill alot of hole in my bucket.
I can already see less gnats

I just repotted my plant that was affected with the Fungus Gnat problem. For some reason I suspected that using one of those painter buckets with no holes drilled in the side was a part of the problem.... None the less I cleaned the roots as best as I could and replaced with sterilized soil.

Nice update. I like the cover alot. Looks good, nowhere for those stank @ss gnats to lay eggs. Should be gone as soon as the adults die off. Great job, way to conquer those insect bastards. I will remember this technique if ever I have the misfortune of encountering those pieces of sh!t with wings. Stay green.

L8ER

yeah and the foil water-proofed the cardboard.

The cover is a must if you get these damn Gnats

Anyone ever try one of those sonic pest repellant's? Or are those just BS?

Never knew anyone that ever had one.

Glad your cover is helping. Bugs are my worst fear, sometimes I think I see one flying around (probably that dead spot in my eye), but it forced me to buy fly paper which I proceeded to get stuck to, every time I adjusted my lights....after a couple weeks and no bugs stuck I realized I was hallucinating. Tell you me you never!!!!! :grinjoint:

Anyone ever try one of those sonic pest repellant's? Or are those just BS?

Never knew anyone that ever had one.

Glad your cover is helping. Bugs are my worst fear, sometimes I think I see one flying around (probably that dead spot in my eye), but it forced me to buy fly paper which I proceeded to get stuck to, every time I adjusted my lights....after a couple weeks and no bugs stuck I realized I was hallucinating. Tell you me you never!!!!! :grinjoint:

IM000638.JPG

I have been using these for years and they work great i have one in each room of the house. But for some reason it does not work on gnats. But it keeps everything else away.

Hey just wondering what yall think should i keep "LST"ing and supercroping now that flowering has started? Or should i just let it be? any input would be great and i would love to hear both side of this and what the school of thought behind it is.

I think the general thought is to keep lsting until the stretch is mostly over to keep them short for CFL growing.

Other than that not sure man. Maybe a LST master will chime in.

Well MountainHigh thats what i thought so i went ahead and did some lite "LST"ing

I actually messed up my last (currently at about 6 weeks) grow, I should of lst'ed and I put seedlings (besides the other horrendous torture I placed upon most of my girls.....sigh) into 12/12 at like 4 1/2 weeks cuz I didn't want them too tall. Kinda was reading today or yesterday that you should wait til they show maturity at like 6 weeks or so if it is a seedling. The things you learn here.....amazing, simply amazing. You know in the old days, I bet learning to grow was a real pain in the ass lol.

I tell my girls, that their future cousins will be healthier from their sacrifice's. ;)

:peace: :ganjamon:

:goodjob: so far.

High dahcwon.

Nice job on the LST! +rep for sure. How's that gnat problem? My concern is that a tight cover on the soil may get some algae growing under there. If they are still a bother I'd get some fungus gnat killer powder and dust the surface of the soil. That will definitely kill the dirty little f'kers and won't affect the plant. Or the bud. The larvae feed on the root hairs and the adults just fly around, breed and lay eggs on the damp soil. Watering from the bottom can keep the top of the soil dry and a layer of diatomaceous earth can stop the young from emerging and not give the adults anywhere to lay the eggs. I had them once from some organic potting soil recommended from the guy at the hydro store. I tossed the bag and only use pro-mix if I need dirt. I used the killer powder and they were gone. Make sure that any bags of soil you have are tightly sealed in case the bugs are in there.

Great effort there and good info about LST. :goodjob:

:peace:

:thanks: Labrat for stopping by I'll be sure to be on the look for algae from here on out. I don't think I;ll be needing the fungus gnat killer powder or the diatomaceous earth. I do know for a fact the the gnat were in the MG organic potting soil I use for this grow I did some googling and I'm not the only one with this gnat infestation. I check what i had left in the bag of soil and i swear them gnats must as been having a orgy up in there.

Back
Top Bottom