Sour-Bubba OG Growing under some CFL's:

Re: "Sour-Bubba" OG Growing under some CFL's:

High dahcwon.

Nice job on the LST! +rep for sure. How's that gnat problem? My concern is that a tight cover on the soil may get some algae growing under there. If they are still a bother I'd get some fungus gnat killer powder and dust the surface of the soil. That will definitely kill the dirty little f'kers and won't affect the plant. Or the bud. The larvae feed on the root hairs and the adults just fly around, breed and lay eggs on the damp soil. Watering from the bottom can keep the top of the soil dry and a layer of diatomaceous earth can stop the young from emerging and not give the adults anywhere to lay the eggs. I had them once from some organic potting soil recommended from the guy at the hydro store. I tossed the bag and only use pro-mix if I need dirt. I used the killer powder and they were gone. Make sure that any bags of soil you have are tightly sealed in case the bugs are in there.

Great effort there and good info about LST. :goodjob:

:peace:

+rep(if i can)..GOOD LOOKIN OUT!!:goodjob:
:ganjamon:

You can sterilize the remaining soil by putting it in the oven at 325 for an hour.

I might would have done that but I already tossed that soil and im going to buy the FoxFarms soil from here on out.

I might would have done that but I already tossed that soil and im going to buy the FoxFarms soil from here on out.

Good Choice. Not worth saving a buck at the cost of the health of your babies!!!!!! I already learned the hard way, I am fighting a very stupid mistake that is making the soil for all but one of my babies unbearable and the healthy good looking plant is in FFOF.....ran out of my "STUpId" mix. I am gonna pull one tonight that just isn't gonna make it, growth has stopped.

So good news is I am almost out of meds and this will help (a little), bad news is won't hardly be much, problem manifest 2 week in bloom and it was my worst problem child......I want my new babies to grow up faster lol....they are 10 days old and I have at least 4 1/2 more weeks before they can go into 12/12 cuz they are seedlings....see I learned lol. Hoping my one healthy lady will give me some yield or I foresee dry times in the Mountains....

:ganjamon: :peace:

Thank you labrat and the butcher for the +rep :bongrip::bong::bongrip::bong::bongrip::bong::bongrip::bong::bongrip::bong::bongrip:

No problem. Reps aren't just for earth shattering info. I think I saw Roseman post something about how we should be passing them around like joints. Makes sense, we could all use a little more good rep. :bong: :peace:

Good Choice. Not worth saving a buck at the cost of the health of your babies!!!!!! I already learned the hard way, I am fighting a very stupid mistake that is making the soil for all but one of my babies unbearable and the healthy good looking plant is in FFOF.....ran out of my "STUpId" mix. I am gonna pull one tonight that just isn't gonna make it, growth has stopped.

So good news is I am almost out of meds and this will help (a little), bad news is won't hardly be much, problem manifest 2 week in bloom and it was my worst problem child......I want my new babies to grow up faster lol....they are 10 days old and I have at least 4 1/2 more weeks before they can go into 12/12 cuz they are seedlings....see I learned lol. Hoping my one healthy lady will give me some yield or I foresee dry times in the Mountains....

:ganjamon: :peace:

Why wait that long? If you've got a couple of spares top them at 4 sets of leaves then 12/12 them for a bit of a head start. I've started after about three weeks. They're a little slower to start flowering and they'll be smaller but they'll go and you can be smoking them while watching their big sisters fill out. :peace:

You know I might just do that, put one of my ladies (have 3 transplanted into their 1 gallon (first transplant from cup)). I could take one of them and get a tall box and get it up under the lights soon for some fill in bud....wow good idea. After these though I will be powering up my bubbler tub, I will have to switch to clones for that or I want to anyway, need to find me an exceptional mother. One that is good for depression and pain. I actually need two mom's, a daytime weed and a nighttime one. When I have nothing for use at night, I don't sleep good or at all.

Any suggestions (not like I can buy crap but I can always dream...:ganjamon:)?

Taste is less important to me as it's effectiveness, pain control is essential so while trippy Sativa's are fun but pain management is a MUST!

:peace:

I'm starting some KaliMist/Hawaiian Sativa/BC Kush/Durban or BC Big Bud and have three waiting to go in dirt. My old favorite that picks me up nice and wipes the depression away. It does give me some anxiety and even heart palpitations if I over-indulge. Like two hits. lol This Kush is from a grower buddy that was moving and are a hermie mix but it was about 140 free seeds and almost all female so WTF. Turns out it's great for my insomnia and arthritis and other aches and pains. I'm almost out of Kali bud tho I have about 5 gr or more of it's kief and a couple of gr of honey-hash. I made honey oil with butane then stirred in kief until it made a nice ball of gooey hash. Just a crumb and I'm wasted and the buzz is less freaky than the bud. I'd fire some seeds across the border for you but I don't want the DEA draggin' me down there to be Mark Emery's bitch! :rofl:

C'ya. :peace:

Why wait that long? If you've got a couple of spares top them at 4 sets of leaves then 12/12 them for a bit of a head start. I've started after about three weeks. They're a little slower to start flowering and they'll be smaller but they'll go and you can be smoking them while watching their big sisters fill out. :peace:

Yeah labrat hit the nail right on the head, try to get a few clone's off it if you can

I'm starting some KaliMist/Hawaiian Sativa/BC Kush/Durban or BC Big Bud and have three waiting to go in dirt. My old favorite that picks me up nice and wipes the depression away. It does give me some anxiety and even heart palpitations if I over-indulge. Like two hits. lol This Kush is from a grower buddy that was moving and are a hermie mix but it was about 140 free seeds and almost all female so WTF. Turns out it's great for my insomnia and arthritis and other aches and pains. I'm almost out of Kali bud tho I have about 5 gr or more of it's kief and a couple of gr of honey-hash. I made honey oil with butane then stirred in kief until it made a nice ball of gooey hash. Just a crumb and I'm wasted and the buzz is less freaky than the bud. I'd fire some seeds across the border for you but I don't want the DEA draggin' me down there to be Mark Emery's bitch! :rofl:

C'ya. :peace:

I really appreciate the thought bro, but I would never ask anyone to risk a visit with John Law.

Wish I could rep you guys more. Guess I don't spread the love enough..so many threads. :ganjamon: :peace:

P.S. I am really excited to see how your buds take off, your lsting job is great! (That is what I am gonna try on my second grow, wish me luck)

P.S. I am really excited to see how your buds take off, your lsting job is great! (That is what I am gonna try on my second grow, wish me luck)

You love the lst'n once you've tried it. Its like a mini scrog from above..IMHO:ganjamon:

You love the lst'n once you've tried it. Its like a mini scrog from above..IMHO:ganjamon:

Yeah lst'n looks to give best yield potential for my relatively low light bloom situation and besides, the plant looks like you are growing it intentionally, like a house plant or something and think they are beautiful. I see alot of people trimming their lst's though, that seems like a bad idea to me. Any thoughts? :bongrip:

I have a slight worry, one parent of the seeds I am growing is a lanky sativa variant of Sour Diesel, the other parent is an indica for sure, just not sure which one. My little babies have very indica looking leaves, which is what I want out of these, but do sativa's start out from seedlings with narrow leaves or do they grow that way later? Seen some guides on lst'n that say some lanky sativa's do poorly with lst. What is your guys experience?

Hope to have a camera later today or Friday, will post my second grow baby pics. The seedlings went in the dirt about 17-18 days ago, popped through 2-3 days later.

Trippin (zippy) a bit on wet green bud I harvested last night from 3 of my unhappy sisters....yes I know, it is green and wet....vaporizer works as a pretty good drier and you know just know I had to try it, lol :ganjamon:

yeah this is true. I've had a perfectly grown sativa giv out all of a sudden and I have to attribute it to lst'n but YOu never know. Mu suggetion w/ that one is cut a couple clones then do the lst'n that way if it doesnt work out then you got back ups. This is just my opinion. As far as leafs go. Leaf sizes may very depending on age of the seedlings.I've seen huge leafs pop out quickly and i've seen the oppisite as well. small leafs to start then BAM!! huge a*s one pop out the next set. So I would just wait and see. Remember seedlings do start thin and scrawny then start to thicken w/ age. just gotta wait i guess. and keep in mind a sativa dominite strain w/ indica traits can push the indica more. this is possible, just doesnt happen that often. Hope this helps.

yeah this is true. I've had a perfectly grown sativa giv out all of a sudden and I have to attribute it to lst'n but YOu never know. Mu suggetion w/ that one is cut a couple clones then do the lst'n that way if it doesnt work out then you got back ups. This is just my opinion. As far as leafs go. Leaf sizes may very depending on age of the seedlings.I've seen huge leafs pop out quickly and i've seen the oppisite as well. small leafs to start then BAM!! huge a*s one pop out the next set. So I would just wait and see. Remember seedlings do start thin and scrawny then start to thicken w/ age. just gotta wait i guess. and keep in mind a sativa dominite strain w/ indica traits can push the indica more. this is possible, just doesnt happen that often. Hope this helps.

Well they are happy little fat leafed babies, they are telling me they want more than a 23 watt CFL each and a bonus one thrown in for good measure, but I tell them, buy me the lights and they shut up.....ok wait, maybe I should let this weed cure a bit...maybe even dry....:ganjamon:

LOL..Youngins can handle whatever you can throw at them .Jsut make sure there is a lil breeze flowing on those stem to sturdy them up. Lst'n can push colas out of small stems and thrust me I've broken my fair share of stems cause of the lack of air flow. Other then that tiem to just be patient and see. Still here watching.:ganjamon:

Yeah lst'n looks to give best yield potential for my relatively low light bloom situation and besides, the plant looks like you are growing it intentionally, like a house plant or something and think they are beautiful. I see alot of people trimming their lst's though, that seems like a bad idea to me. Any thoughts? :bongrip:

I have a slight worry, one parent of the seeds I am growing is a lanky sativa variant of Sour Diesel, the other parent is an indica for sure, just not sure which one. My little babies have very indica looking leaves, which is what I want out of these, but do sativa's start out from seedlings with narrow leaves or do they grow that way later? Seen some guides on lst'n that say some lanky sativa's do poorly with lst. What is your guys experience?

Hope to have a camera later today or Friday, will post my second grow baby pics. The seedlings went in the dirt about 17-18 days ago, popped through 2-3 days later.

Trippin (zippy) a bit on wet green bud I harvested last night from 3 of my unhappy sisters....yes I know, it is green and wet....vaporizer works as a pretty good drier and you know just know I had to try it, lol :ganjamon:

Yeah I have about 18+ colas poppin out of this bush of a plant, I did do some trimming but just at the bottom of my bush taking off all of the low light leafs that would just wilt and fall off anyways. The grow box is only 1x2x5 ft. but as you can see i still have more then enough room
1807.JPG

LOL..Youngins can handle whatever you can throw at them .Jsut make sure there is a lil breeze flowing on those stem to sturdy them up. Lst'n can push colas out of small stems and thrust me I've broken my fair share of stems cause of the lack of air flow. Other then that tiem to just be patient and see. Still here watching.:ganjamon:

well no matter what there should be a good amount of air flow to have a good CO2 exchange so the plant and breath, strong stems, big buds and healthy plants are just some of the great side effects of having a good air flow for these plants:bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom