Sour D - Small bud formation?

wootenmonk

My barn gets to 70 degress daily when the lights are on-when they go off at 7 pm the barn gets down to 40-50 degress-could that be the reason for small bud formation and should I use heat all night long?? I am really having trouble with the NY Sour D. any suggestions???

Thats pretty dang cold. When it gets that cold growth slows dramatically. I'd recommend getting those night temps up to keep those girls growing. I recently had the same issue with my tent as I used the room Heat/AC duct to vent my heat into the attic. At night my temp would drop to the 50's. I put a back draft damper on the end of the exhaust duct in the attic and purchased an Oil/Radiant heater for the room as they are pretty safe to leave alone. I put it on a timer with an opposite schedule to my lighting. My night temp now is actually about the same as my day temp. It's awesome to wake up and see how much bigger the girls have grown.

More likely cold night time temps effecting over all growth...

So will say the ol plants are harder than they look & more than likely will survive to produce results :thumb:

But colder temps will stunt growth, may require longer to flower & ripen up lowering over all yield !

Ye really don't want night time temps dropping below 16c / 60f for prolonged periods of time or over a matter of days etc this will cause minor problems...

65° Fahrenheit is the accepted minimum for acceptable night time temperature, your night time temperatures are too cool for your plants. I would heat your grow area to a minimum of 65° Fahrenheit. You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom