Sour Diesel #8 Indoor, 2x600W - Soil - FF Nutes

Re: Sour Diesel #8 Indoor, 2x600W, Soil, FF Nutes

Man, I'm excited for your harvest, gonna be nice. Like I said on your journal, I agree, we do have some real similarities in certain ways. I think over the next months we could have some real fun (and push our girls at the same time) comparing gram/watt per harvest, having the different set ups and strains but similar good (great ;) ) consistency in production, similar medium, and similar skills. Nothing official, just fun cause we could. I'm thinking you might always have me on plant of the month tho (at least between us, but definitely on the official comp. this month) with your LST usage. I'm hoping I am lucky enough to get nug of the month this month cause you'll probably be a big time contender next one with this harvest once they are dried!
Anyways, much aloha and always a pleasure!

Im in for an unofficial comparision grow...nothing like a bit a healthy competition to keep you motivated...that and a huge pile of sticky buds of course:) , we should figure out when to take some clones at a similar time and then they can be the subjects for the test...btw...I think you win with experience...Im just cuttin down only my second grow ya know(hopefully I will find something worthy to enter nov. nug contest)...:Rasta:
:peacetwo: dude, bp
Medijuana - DIY Cabinet, Perpetual Grow, Airpots, Soil w/LST

Some pics I snapped just after lights out last night-

11_18_001.jpg

11_18_001-1.jpg

11_18_001-2.jpg

11_18_003.jpg

:peace:

Man u got some damn nice looking buds VanDiesel!
How many plant do u have right now? looks like alot,lol..again they look amazing:)
Good job man,

Right on bro, thank you! I have 16 in flower, 8 at 41 days and 8 at 12 days. Its a decent # but they are all the same strain so that makes it easier to maintain the #'s at an equal regimen. It will get more interesting when I add another strain, but having the knowledge of how to treat the diesel ingrained in my thinking now I should be able to focus more on the new strain. Mahalo's for coming by often and your always good remarks!

Hey Van! Aloha :ganjamon:

See your still turning out beauties. They look great!

I should be starting up next week....will let you know, Bro. :yummy:

Mahalo's OMM! Ideally get a journal up ASAP for me to throw my ideas at, then they can get properly vetted and learned from, if not I'll send a pm in a couple days. But I remember (and have the pm) the details and have my suggestions to protect your babies.
Glad your back on your feet buddy, now you're back to turning out the ladies!

I use promix Bx as well and just wondering using the FF nutes according to the label are you fertilizing every time you water or feed ,water ,feed etc etc personally using maxibloom I have been feeding at about 2/3 strength for 2 feedings then watering with just calmag and blackstrap . But as its my first grow I am very nervous about over feeding them so would really like to know the frequency of your fertilizing regime.

great lookin plants there mate, well done!!

thanks staffy! If you havent seen already, got a bud up for nug of the month, check it out and vote for the BEST nug ;)
Much Aloha

I use promix Bx as well and just wondering using the FF nutes according to the label are you fertilizing every time you water or feed ,water ,feed etc etc personally using maxibloom I have been feeding at about 2/3 strength for 2 feedings then watering with just calmag and blackstrap . But as its my first grow I am very nervous about over feeding them so would really like to know the frequency of your fertilizing regime.

Aloha Cateros! Thanks for checkin out my grow! As to your question, at first I was just using the FF liquid trio, so the two part (macro and micro) bloom nutes. With that I was using a strategy that I picked up here (and I sincerely wish I could remember and give credit to all those that I learned from on here, the info I got here helped me so much!!) was to feed the plants then feed the soil, and I did it with no plain water "breaks". This method is basically your macros in one feed (with FF this is Tiger Bloom) and then your micros in the very next feed (FF Big Bloom and 3/4- 1 tbsp/gal balckstrap), I would also alternate light nutes to heavy nutes in both micro and macro, with the heavy dose of micros preceding the heavy macros. The micros including the blackstrap (carbs/sugars and micros) kinda feed/prep the soil/beneficial fungi/root system for best macro consumption. So using this method, with the buffers ProMix has, I fed nutes at some level every feeding without a problem. These diesel can handle heavy nutes, I still don't think I've really touched their upper threshold, getting up to 1.3X the recommended heavy dose, but it has been small bumps up with each feed and each batch to get here to see what they could really handle. Maybe noteworthy is that my overall volume of soil was greater than was probably needed by my plant height, so so extra buffer there maybe. Now I am moving towards smaller/more appropriate soil/medium volume AND adding the FF granular trio nutes, which are WAY heavier so I will be using their recommended feeding dosages straight from their web site, which is the nutes one feeding and plain water the next, the micros are pretty much in most/all feeds, everythings kinda mixed in specific ways that I'm not ready to try to out think. Having those big numbers in the granular (45's and 50's) I worry more about build up than with just the liquid milder #'s and lower sodium base. Hope some of this helps, hit me back if I can clarify anything. I'll try to get over to check out your grow soon! Go vote for nug of the month if you havent already, I'm biased for sure but I think I ought to be winning!! :tokin:
aloha

Couple shots of one of the girls tops at 6 weeks today-

11_21_001.jpg

11_21_002.jpg

All's I can say is I am pretty happy. That being said, the PM situation continues a bit, but I am way winning. Part of the continuing battle and a small concession on the overall front will be the harvesting of two girls tomorrow before lights on. They will be early but still stellar in most regards. The extra air flow/less overall density should be beneficial enough combined with the continuing treatments to get the remaining girls to a more hardy harvest!! I'll post some more on what I've learned about PM, including some repeated summaries of what I still think are important, relevant, and true, with new treatment options, more accurate formulas, and whatnot.

Again, can't stress this enough, if you appreciate my grow and whats coming out of it, please go to the 420 contests and vote for nug of the month (and the rest of them as well) and consider that my nug is over a 1/4 oz of just absolute prime sweet lemon candy flavored stoney bliss. I'm gonna keep kind of plugging it for the rest of the month, so bare with me please, and of coarse vote for who you think is best! Much Aloha!

Yep it did help I feed a little differently however had to play around but have decided to go in the new grow I started to prepare for right after I harvest using maxibloom starting at 2.5g /gal and work up to 6.25g/gal Then next watering will be a mix of blackstrap or floranectar,florablend vegan tea, Grotek Calmax and ProSilicate and then Ro water all watering/feedings ph'd to 6.3 and only adding Koolbloom to the entire feeding schedule during bloom and increasing ph to 6.5. I think this should be a fairly stress free schedule to use as a basis for awhile.

Yep it did help I feed a little differently however had to play around but have decided to go in the new grow I started to prepare for right after I harvest using maxibloom starting at 2.5g /gal and work up to 6.25g/gal Then next watering will be a mix of blackstrap or floranectar,florablend vegan tea, Grotek Calmax and ProSilicate and then Ro water all watering/feedings ph'd to 6.3 and only adding Koolbloom to the entire feeding schedule during bloom and increasing ph to 6.5. I think this should be a fairly stress free schedule to use as a basis for awhile.

Very cool you could make sense of it all and find it useful. I've no experience with the nutes you're using, but sounds delicious!
Aloha

Some pics from today, big girls at 44 days, younger girls just nugging up at 15 days-

11_23_001.jpg

11_23_002.jpg

11_23_003.jpg

11_23_004.jpg

11_23_005.jpg

11_23_006.jpg

11_23_007.jpg

11_23_008.jpg

11_23_009.jpg

11_23_010.jpg

Alright, hope every has a great night!
Aloha!!
:grinjoint:

There looking awesome!

Thanks brother! Hey, did you vote for nug o' the month yet? Could sure use some love!!

Back
Top Bottom