Sour Diesel/Blackberry Kush Grow in Soil 400W

Getbluntd420

Ok this is my second grow using a 400w metal halide for veg and 400 w hps for flower 3 sour diesel and 3 blackberry kush from clones picked up at a local cannabis club FF ocean forest soil and GH3 nutes. The bigger ones are BBk and smaller Sour D
10:24_.jpg
10:24.jpg
10:24-.jpg

I grew out some MasterKush from dutch passion outdoors and wasvery pleased with it your bbl look like my MasterKush did when they were that young they ended up stretching to 6.5 feet and put off 4.5 ounces each and I had my share of setbacks from mother nature so good luck homie :smokin:

oh thats whats up how many watts were you using for master kush i wanna try atleast 2 zips each but i dunoo if thats pushing it for 400w? but i was thinking of putting back up the MH for the last 2 weeks of flowering and running both.

my sour d can definitely handle over the recommended dosages of nutes, so maybe keep trying to push them with the nutes till you get good tip burn on the leaves (obviously small bumps at a time), see if that gets 'em taller. You could also try dropping them a few inches (maybe trade that Grays for something a little less thick...lol) to encourage more vert growth. I think different strains have different "sweet spots" of light intensity where if they are a little to close to the light they tend do develop plenty nodes/branches but not too much vert growth, increase the distance between the two and the vert growth increases with the same # of nodes/branches (to a point, not too far away obviously). It took me a couple batches playing around with my veg set-up/light heights to get the plants to my desired vert growth to inter-nodal ratio, and that was with a single strain, I am just starting to veg a new strain and I can already tell they want something different...of coarse..lol. Sorry to be so long winded, just have a great buzz and finishing my 2nd cup of coffee!!! lol

UPDATEEE! ok this is about week 2 1/2 the BBK are shooting up but the Sour D just isnt keeping up which is no bueno cuz i wanna flower soon but not with the SD needs to catch up quick!
10:26k.jpg
10:26.jpg
10_266.jpg
this girls soo bushy
10_26_.jpg

My Sour D's more than double once they make the switch, 10-12" to 24-26" and 90% is in the 1st two weeks. Doesn't necessarily mean yours will be exactly the same, but with what dstruk said about the kush, they may even out on their own after the switch.

ya i took them a lil farther from the light like van said and i do think its helping. thanks for the tips guys!...taking a trip back home for a week next week and might switch them over before i go and leave it in the ladys hands. kinda worried about that!

I actually have about 12 individual plant stands that I made that range in height from about 4" to 8" that I constantly use to fine tune heights/canopy, cause even running clones all from the same mother they all come a little different height. For how fast the light diminishes, every inch=watts that I dont want to lose...lol (does that make me sound too anal?!?)

Back
Top Bottom