Sour Diesel & Purple Trainwreck SOG Grow Journal

ChefKimbo

Hey everyone

Been awhile since i've been on the site and its time to do another journal since I recently came across some SD seeds and good looking Purple Trainwreck clone I got from a stunted mother I'm trying to nurse to full strength.

On to the details:

Medium: Star Green all purpose soil, mixed with perlite and EWC, with added SEA 90, Epsom salt, and lime.

Lights: 4-24" T5s for seedlings/clones (3 SQ FT.)
1 Citizen COB LED 5000k @700ma and 42 watt CFLs for veg (4 SQ. FT)
2 Quantum Boards @200w max for flower (9 SQ. FT.)

Nutrients: Mainly Molasses and Epsom salt for veg, still working out issues with soil nutrients.
Jacks Bloom Booster and Epsom salt as needed for flower.
P10200903.JPG
All six seedlings are healthy and growing fast. Hopefully I can get a couple good moms and dads out of these to do some breeding!!
P10200922.JPG
Here is a 12 day old trainwreck clone doing very well. I've had to transplant her twice in 12 days, her roots are growing like mad. I can tell she is about to explode with growth, all 3 nodes are growing fast. I grossly underestimated how much Magnesium is needed for plant to thrive under LEDs. Other plants in my grow have suffered greatly due to lack of Mag, recently gave this clone a double dose and she is exploding with growth and getting her color back!! I'm thinking I should just toss the original mother and use this clone for cuttings.

Well that's it for now, i'll be making weekly updates and would love for anyone to chime in and offer advice and support!!!

Well Fam,

Back for a weekly update. Thrips are a bitch!!! Took them for granted and I paid for it. Had to toss all my mango clones and a few bagseeds that were really struggling with the a complications from thrips, bad soil mix, and deficiencies. I decided to start off fresh in the veg chamber.
P10200992.JPG
All 6 sour diesels have been repotted and placed in veg. They are healthy and growing fast! The Purple Trainkwreck is the healthy plant I've had since switching to my new COB/QB setup. They are all a lil droopy after their morning spray down for pests. She got the FIM treatment 3 days ago and the results are looking favorable. Thrip damage seemed to have slowed her down a bit, but after few days of rosemary/peppermint oil spray they seem to be disappearing.
P10201014.JPG
She's got strong, thick shoots coming from every node. Looks like 5 shoots from the top node so i'm waiting to take my cuts and flower her.

That's it for the moment. I'll update again in 2 weeks.

Thanks for reading!!

WHAT UP FAM!

Back in town for that long overdue update...:blunt:

Been busy, but my plants are still goin...
P10201062.JPG
Here is my Trainwreck girl...I decided to make her the mother plant since the mom from seed had gotten infected by thrips!!! Thrips had been a major issue in my grow, that is until I realize my overwatering was the root of the problem. For me keeping the top of the soil as dry as possible has been the ticket.
Anyway, she was so damn bushy I decided to top her and run my first mainline/manifold technique...
P10201104.JPG
She has served me very well, providing me with many cuttings to take while I've been training her. She just got the last pruning today for 8 heads and will be flowered in 1-2 weeks. As you may see, she has a slight mag deficiency...keep happy with mag has been a struggle to say the least. Just haven't found out the right amount of Epsom salt to use. She's growing well, after the bought with thrips, but the leaves aren't really showing signs of recovery. Ill just keep feeding her and wait it out...
P10201112.JPG
Now here is my 6 Sour D seedlings. The two in the front were topped today and the other four were clipped about 10 days ago.
These babies will get some training as well while their tops root and go into the flower cab to show sex. I really screwed up not getting more light on those plants, the stems are very thin. I also had to transplant all 6 because their soil mix had way too much perlite and it led to constant watering, which brought pests. I put them on crate a few days ago and added some cfls in hopes to thicken up the stalk while they get this good trainin!!:rollit:

My biggest issue is KEEPING THE DAMN CUTTINGS ALIVE!!! Again my soil mix and watering habits costs me big...put me about a month behind on my goals. I suspect a few have rooted in the last two days so I think we are a go my SOG DREAM SCENARIO:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well after a lil veg time for my Trainwreck mom and these rooted clones ill be updating at day 1 of Flower...

CHEF

Whats up Spitz!!

Checked out your recent grows, you got some nice looking stuff there...I actually tried lady bugs last year, it ended up being a wash because the ladybugs would fly off the minute I open the cab, or a one way ticket through the fanblades of my floor fans.
Good thing is I recently discovered what helping keep the mites and thrips away...
pred_mite.gif
predmite.gif
these babies. Some species of predatory mite. As soon as it starts get warm I start to see these in my compost&EWC mixed soil. First spotted them last year having a way with spider mites on my plants! I incidentally found a small moldy leaf in my yard FULL of them...my next move was to harvest the leaf and put it in my grow lol. After monitoring a couple days I could clearly see they eliminated the mites and probably any other pests I didn't see at the time...You could watch them moving around the plants looking for food at a very fast pace. It was evident they were no threat to the plants...growth started to increase and they were generally more healthy than before. My next move now is to find out how in the hell to keep them around for the duration. One thing I can tell is they like the soil on the drier side of things. With the first 1/2 inch of soil dry I can see them on the surface or climbing up the stalk. Its free pest control...ill take it!!!

What's up 420FAM!!!

Back for a long overdue update.

Its been a pretty busy month, but the garden is still rollin on. Lets get to the meat of the matter!!!

Overall the health of my garden has drastically improved since early on. Focusing on reading the plants is starting to pay off. Some of my sour diesels suffer from over feeding from lack of keeping good notes. They are slowly pulling out of the stunted growth stage and are to explode up and out. The root ball never stopped growing, no root rot from what I can tell after a flush. Cloning has been the worst since I started growing. The heat along with dampening off has severely limited my SOG setup. Now I need something to root just to get another Trainwreck mom. Trying my hand at a DIY bubble cloner, its been 7 days, but 4 since I realized water temps were too high. Green stems and no slime so I'm hoping this works out!!
Changed my soil up a bit with less perlite and more organic matter. Its really helped with water retention and the plants are happier. I discovered one problem I created was watering the soil improperly. Some plants weren't getting the nutes from the soil due to uneven moisture. Some were overfed from bad feeding/watering practices. Wet soil promotes bugs, learn that that hard way. Proper wet/dry cycle has seemed to be the big fix. So I made a few adjustments and thinks have cranked up a notch...
P10201451.JPG
First day of flower here. Trainwreck mom and 4 cuts from her. 2 of those are sour diesel cuts that turned out to be male. The PW cuts were planted as soon they rooted, no time in the veg cab. I was interested to see how they would turn out but in the future these cuts will get some veg time to allow for more root formation.
P10201442.JPG
Trainwreck mom at 1st day of flower. About 13 inches and very branchy. After the last of the trimming/training been in flower for 21 days.
P10201841.JPG
21 days of explosive growth! She huge and still growing at 25 inches.
P1020185.JPG
As you can see the cuts have shown good growth, but I think week or 2 in veg would have down them wonders. The 2 plants on the left are suspected males from the sour diesel batch. After they show they will be tossed or since back to veg. All plants are very healthy, good watering practices and changed the game for me. Getting the most out of the soil. Trainwreck mom is super hungry, shes already shedding leaves at the very bottom. Shes getting fed every watering so its time to up the dosage. Overall great growth on all the plants.
P10201901.JPG
Veg Cab. I went back the Mars 600 for veg. It does a good job I have to admit. It just creates so much heat for an LED panel. I had drill a 3 inch hole and route that to the exhaust in the flower cab, the heat was just too much. Its still kind of high but the plants are doing fine. The cob light plus cfls were ineffective. Just not enough light. The Mars 600 give great growth rate and thick stems, very important for training and taking cuts. 3 sour diesel from seed, all mainlined. I'm hoping to get a confirmation sex from these soon. The males will be tossed and females will be repotted, cuts taken and flowered after a few more weeks. These plants were stunted by overfeeding and are just now coming out of the funk, bushing out well and maturing.

Well that's it for now, ill be updating again in 2-3 weeks!!!

CHEF

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom