Sour Diesel SOG

Morning Fluffy, Yup there is a little excitement around here. This will give my wife enough meds for way over a year so that is good. now I have to get it cured so it will last that long or longer. I will have to read to find the best way to preserve it. Does anyone have any ideas? I going to have to buy more mason jars. I have a 14 quart jars full now and i don't what to loss it or the crop being dried now.

HI bee, now that you have it dried and canned you will want to keep an eye on those jugs for the next 2 weeks.
every day you will want to open the jars and let them breath for 15 minutes and maybe every other day rotate the buds on the bottom to the top after that it should keep for a long while. but if you want to go the extra mile cigar shops have hygrometers that will fit in your jars.
I like mine to read 62% but thats me also they sell humidi packs that will maintain a desired humidity level any where from 62 to 75%. if you dont have access to a cigar store try humidipack.com.
but as long as you do the first part mentioned you should be ok for months. LOL I have never grown a years worth so I cant say if it will last that long but I dont see why not:)

Morning Fluffy, Yup there is a little excitement around here. This will give my wife enough meds for way over a year so that is good. now I have to get it cured so it will last that long or longer. I will have to read to find the best way to preserve it. Does anyone have any ideas? I going to have to buy more mason jars. I have a 14 quart jars full now and i don't what to loss it or the crop being dried now.

Oh Bill this would be absolutely wonderful for you both!

You will have enough time to grow some top up if it ever looks like it will be required. The relief of the availability of the medicine alone is worth its weight in green gold :green_heart:

You both deserve it my darling :love:

Are you going to continue journalling for the curing process? I for one would really appreciate being able to watch it from someone I trust to know what they are doing :blushsmile:

:hug: very Fluffy hugs :hug:

HI bee, now that you have it dried and canned you will want to keep an eye on those jugs for the next 2 weeks.
every day you will want to open the jars and let them breath for 15 minutes and maybe every other day rotate the buds on the bottom to the top after that it should keep for a long while. but if you want to go the extra mile cigar shops have hygrometers that will fit in your jars.
I like mine to read 62% but thats me also they sell humidi packs that will maintain a desired humidity level any where from 62 to 75%. if you dont have access to a cigar store try humidipack.com.
but as long as you do the first part mentioned you should be ok for months. LOL I have never grown a years worth so I cant say if it will last that long but I dont see why not:)

Fish My crop isn't dry yet. I cut, hang, dry and then trim so I probably still have a 5 days to go before canning. heehee I have 16 jars of bud from the last crop so it's already 3 months old. It's doing good from the cure I put it through. I stick the humidity meter in the jar to check and the last time I opened the jars it was 61% humidity in the garage so that help set the humidity right in the jars. If the humidity is right it should last for quite awhile but if there is a better way of storing it that would be good.

Fish My crop isn't dry yet. I cut, hang, dry and then trim so I probably still have a 5 days to go before canning. heehee I have 16 jars of bud from the last crop so it's already 3 months old. It's doing good from the cure I put it through. I stick the humidity meter in the jar to check and the last time I opened the jars it was 61% humidity in the garage so that help set the humidity right in the jars. If the humidity is right it should last for quite awhile but if there is a better way of storing it that would be good.

well if there is a better way I dont know I can only tell you how I do it my freind. and it sounds like you got it:)

I got the last unknown trimmed up today and the buds were a little better. I got 80gr of bud and 240gr of shake. The shake has a lot of immature buds in it so it will make some nice hash or hemp oil. the northwest just isn't a good place to grow outside or at least where I live. I'm out in the foothills and we get quite a bit colder and living at the foot of the north side of a mountain just dry out during the day this time of year. these would have been nice plants if I could have got them to maturity. life goes on. Here's the pics
002_renamed_3138.jpg
007_renamed_4020.jpg

Thanks Fluffly, It's always nice to make your day. Hope your having a good day. I'm off to work

Howdy everyone. just did a little more LSTing on the babies. The Durban Poison is starting to really grow and spread out so it need to be controlled. Durban is 100% sativa so it could really take over. I did it to the Querkle also. I an indica but it grow so fast that I decided to LST it to. They are in 12 liter pots with soil that I mixed up and I'm using Osocote plus. they way they are growing I'm not sure they will fit in the 4x4 when it's ready. They will fit even if I have to prune a little. Here's the Durban Poison
002_renamed_30982.jpg
003_renamed_11245.jpg

Querkle
005_renamed_5734.jpg
007_renamed_28554.jpg

your going to need a bigger garage:)

your going to need a bigger garage:)

Hell if it gets bigger it will just cost more because I will be buying more lights and putting in more hydro. Wooh is me. heehee

been kinda Quiet bee

Morning Fish,
Not much to talk about. Plants are still drying. they are so resinous that I had to stick another fan in the box to help with the drying. I brought mom in from the greenhouse to see if I could get her to finish flowering. Seems to be helping a little so time will tell there. I need her to finish so i can clean the big tent and get my babies in there. They are out growing my 2' x 4' tent fast and they need more room. I need to go and read more of OMM journals for find a good tea that goes with Osmocote Plus and see when and why he was doing it. They are looking good and I want to keep it that way. With the soil that I mix up they grow good and now the Osmocote Plus is starting to work so we are off to Budville. When we get there and how nice they look are the things we are all after. Nice talking at you.

Well the Sour Diesel is dried and trimmed. Dried is kind of an understatement. It is so resinous that it was hard to trim. you can take the trimmings and squeeze a hand full and it will ball up and it's hard to get apart. It will make some nice hash. It wasn't a very good harvest but a friend was over and smoked a little for me and 3 hits and he said he had enough so the quality is there. I only got 12.5 oz but that will be plenty for meds to last for at least a year. The shake has a lot of small buds and all of it is oh so shiny. It have been nice if there was more but such is life. now to cure.

0031019.jpg

Too dam many. There was 16 small plants. They were only around 10" tall when I put them into flower. should have vegged a little longer. Thanks for the nice comments.

they got to about 18" to 20"

looks tasty my freind

Thanks fish It's been fun but I will be closing this journal. Christmas it coming and my other hobby is calling me. i need to get going on making presents. I'll be around but with my girls and my hydro garden and turning and work there isn't much time. It's been fun.

Thanks fish It's been fun but I will be closing this journal. Christmas it coming and my other hobby is calling me. i need to get going on making presents. I'll be around but with my girls, my hydro garden, turning and work there isn't much time. It's been fun.

Back
Top Bottom