Sources of Organic/Natural Nitrogen

pyro2006

Sources of Organic/Natural Nitrogen

I thought i would post up a few good natural/organic sources of nitrogen. You can usually buy these "raw" products at a local garden center.

Blood Meal:(fast release)
Made from dried animal blood, mostly cattle, and usually an N-P-K of 13-0-0.

Feather Meal:(medium/slow release)
Made from poultry waste, usually an N-P-K of 10-0-0.

Fish Meal:(fast release)
Made from remains of fish, usually an N-P-K of 10-0-0.

Seabird Guano:(fast release)
Made from droppings of seabirds, usually an N-P-K of 12-8-2.

Bat Guano:(fast release)
Made from the fresh dropping of bats, usually an N-P-K of 10-3-1.

Corn Weed Blocker:(slow release)
Made from Corn glutton, usually an N-P-K of 9-1-0.

NOTE: N-P-K values may vary by a couple points.

So if I have Blood Meal(is that the same as Dried Blood?) should I not buy Bat Guano? I was considering buying it for my next grow. I'm definitely getting Corn Weed Blocker though, You would use that to mix into the soil before you would go to plant correct? Let the soil rest for a couple weeks before planting too, at least that is what I have heard.

yeah mix ur soil and water it so it doesnt develop dry pod sacks and if u can adda a few drops of organic dish soap for good penetration and water it and let it stay for about 2 weeks then start gowing dude .

absolutely, a buddy of mine uses deer piss, on the strain cat piss, omg best stuff in the world, i have seen people pay 60 for an 1/8th. chubler set up :D

Molasses.... If you add *any* blood meal to the soil mix and wet it down the area will start to smell like rotting meat within a day or two... just water in some molasses and that will get rid of the smell. (Molasses is also a natural source of nitrogen 1-1-4 or something like that)

Peace
MC

So if I have Blood Meal(is that the same as Dried Blood?) should I not buy Bat Guano? I was considering buying it for my next grow. I'm definitely getting Corn Weed Blocker though, You would use that to mix into the soil before you would go to plant correct? Let the soil rest for a couple weeks before planting too, at least that is what I have heard.
Keep in mind that there is such a thing as "too much of a good thing". You don't want to make the soil so "hot" that it burns your plants. That's one reason for the wait two weeks part...altho 1 week is plenty.

absolutely, a buddy of mine uses deer piss, on the strain cat piss, omg best stuff in the world, i have seen people pay 60 for an 1/8th. chubler set up :D

i'd be willing to part with some piss... :hmmmm:

5 bucks a pint plus 15 for shipping and handling :smokin3:

Urine doesn't contain much N.
Herbivore shit (manure) does however and it is cheap cheap cheap.
You can get like a 30 lb. sack of cow shit for under a buck.
Just make sure it's well-rotted (composted).

I prefer not to use bloody bones.
One reason is, for outdoor grows sometimes animals (coyote's, dogs, raccons, bears, etc.) will dig it up looking for the source.
Plus, blood & bones is more toxic when absorbed thru the skin than manure is.

but the problem with piss it will create a bad odor and with ling use it makes salt build up in the soil

Back
Top Bottom