South African balcony grow am I impatient? Or is something wrong?

Dutchgrow

420 Member
Hey guys and 420'ers

I am probably doing everything wrong and my first grow, but so nervous on missing the timing for a good harvest... I have a large plant on my balcony growing in a bout 25 litres of potting soil mixed with organic slow release fertilizer and supplement with kelp nutrients,

Plant is very large but buds are very skinny and Low in crystals, I'm guessing this is week 5 maybe of flowering??? Any advise would be great I also unfortuanetly have found 1 or 2 seeds growing here and there I think something must of been in the wind as I dont have any other plants....
But really only about 10 seeds in whole plant and been two weeks since I spotted first one..

Not sure on strain either durban poison or Chernobyl but definitely sativa ??

Could it be pollination hampering bud growth .?

Excuse my amateur approach and appreciate any advise

Attachments

• IMG-20190323-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20190323-WA0001.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-20190318-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20190318-WA0006.jpeg
    594.6 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG-20190318-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20190318-WA0003.jpeg
    548.9 KB · Views: 144
Plant looks healthy...sativas take a looooooong time to flower, so be patient.

I didn't see any seed pics?
Hey Blew, Thanks for your feedback !! Getting tired of lugging buckets of water to the balcony haha,

Attached a pic of one of the little seeds growing I'm using tweezers everytime I spot one to pluck it out !

So annoyed when I saw the first one but lots of plants in the neighborhood just grown wild nearby so I think it may of been something in the wind is that possible ??
20190323_160134.jpg

Do you source your Durban local or from a seed bank? It doesn’t look like Durban.
Hey Penny !!

To be 100% honest when I buy my weed I buy 5 grams at a time and just ask for mixed varieties and I kept the seeds of whatever I find had them labelled and then through transplanting I forgot which one actually germinated, dont farm stoned I guess... so I'm not sure what I do remember is I had something that was sold to me as durban poison or chernobyl ??

I have a Swazi cross as well as Transkei it they are both crossed with something else. I have no clue what they were crossed with. These came to me straight from SA.

Wow this takes sooo long
It will be worth it... and don't freak about those seed pods either. If the plant has not been fertilized those just fill up with sweet sweet oil and get covered in trichomes. Think of ovaries in a human... just because ya have them, doesn't mean there is a baby in there.

HI @Dutchgrow That plant is growing great and I agree that a couple of seed growth should't be a problem. I had sone on the stem of a Bhudda Cheese and I can't find them anymore.
That is a big plant in that pot. No wonder you having to water so much.
You just have to be patient.
What are you feeding now in flower?

Back
Top Bottom