Southern Hemisphere Midsummer Grow

And you see the plant with the bent stem, my friend decided to 'do me a favour' and show me how I 'should' be lst'ing my plants... I tried showing him how my grow space is semi-limited and that I can afford vertical growth more than horisontal and LST'ing them would mean they take up double the floor space. In his demonstration he hended up snapping that stem. So I've got a HST going there. Might end up a favour in the end tho, cause I'm pretty sure this baby is going to be THICK, but in the end it does take up more space this way.

Wow, those plants have grown a lot since your last update. That one in the middle has massive fan leaves!

Hehe yea, BIG fan leaves on those lemon skunk's. Killing 3 out of 6 in that tray was the best move ever, the problems immedietly stopped on the tray and now they are some of my biggest plants! I removed like most of the upper fan leaves on the one lemon skunk to get some light on the inside of the plant and on the other plants next to it. It was starting to get dark down there lol! But I don't like removing thinks from my plants, or bending them up and shit. I feel that stuff is best left for indoor grows where the shape of the plant has to fit with it's environment. Good ol dome shape makes most sense when the light moves in the way the sun does, and removing fan leaves just doesn't sit well with me cause that stuff is the plant's solar panels man, it's giant energy stores that get converted into bud later on, but when it brings more light not only to the inside of one plant but on all the other plants around it, it just seems like a good idea. I can't just move it farther apart now either...

Yeah, defol is not really necessary for outdoor grows. Especially here in SA where the sun seems to be on steroids. The intensity of sunlight, means it can penetrate all the way through with most plants.

Yea I just removed the giants on one lemon skunk that is right in front, cause they where casting a thick shade on more than one plant's undergrowth. Left the ones next to it tho. I also removed a few here and there that where blatantly casting serious shade on other plants, esp the growth tips. I don't want them to get lanky, as they take up enough space as it is.

Ok, so while I was worried that the strains I'm getting in SA was inferior, and probably not what the guy I got the weed the seed came from says it is, I am not worried about that anymore...

I ran out of ganja so I decided I'd take the dead males I've got hanging around and make some tea. In the process of taking off the leaves from the plant to make tea my hands ended up SUPER FUCKING STICKY! Like, wtf, I then rubbed them together and ended up with a pretty decent amount of hash, which when I smoked it even proceeded to kick my arse. I didn't ever think a male would end up being able to even do that.

Fuck dude. This actually gives me a knot in my stomach. Strength brother. Seriously doubt you will spend any time in the tjookie though.

What do you think happened?

I believe neighbors. But very specific neighbors. Old man who has something against me. The plants probably JUST got tall enough for someone to MAYBE see... I dunno. Maybe he heard me talking about it, but I highly doubt it cause I barely ever did... Who knows, all I know is that I don't have the money for a lawyer and the state one doesn't actually care to support me at all. Next court date is March 2... What do I do guys?

Ok listen man you got yourself in a fucked up situation I'm gonna give you that, so one advice. First thing: you absolutely don't say anything to the police. to every question you either answer I don't know or I don't remember. You do not take the guilty rap, it's how they spare themselves paper work. Then you could also write to the prosecutor to drop the charges due to growing for your own needs or as a medicine for a disease. Can you produce paperwork stating that you have a disease? Ok and then it's better to get in debt than go to jail so If I were you I'd start thinking who could lend you money for lawyer RIGHT NOW!

Ok super good news. I can't give the exact details of how this happened in case this log ever gets found, but essentially I'm getting let off, but in a way that looks like I'm getting my 'just punishment' or whatever. Basically the course of justice has to be followed. But I'm not getting a record, and I'm getting community service at an establishment of my choosing. I chose the SPCA cause I have considered volunteering there anyway. I love animals and I have a way with traumatized dogs. I know how to comfort them, and I also know how to show authority, so they are never violent towards me.

I'm also getting a prescription. Now this prescription sadly does NOT allow me to grow, but it does allow me to use. I don't get where I'm supposed to GET the weed, cause the process of getting it remains illegal, but my own use won't get prosecuted... The whole process kind of goes like this, I fill in a form for unregistered medicines, and have a doctor check my case and sign it for me. I have a doctor who is currently checking out my case for medical cannabis and he is approving it.

Now I just have my fingers crossed that in March the whole thing gets legalized in the constitutional court. If that happens, then I can restart this grow log. If not, I'll have to quit growing for the time being sadly... But hey, I escaped a 15 year sentence, let's not tempt fate now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

We are sorry for your loss.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Oh wow. this is exactly what I've been looking for! An outdoor terrace grow in SA!

You sir, are already my idol. now to binge the rest of this journal!

(This is my first post here on 420mag, so thanks for bringing me in from the shadows, and hi everyone!)

Back
Top Bottom