Southern's Little Garden Of Health & Healing

well, tonight I just had too much going on to spend much time in the garden nor accomplish as much as I wanted...BUT I did manage to squeeze in a spraying for pests and tied down some more branches on purple haze, northern lights, and the Afghan monster SCROG!
She is really getting to be something else...which scares me because every time I start to feel good about my garden trouble finds it! There's gotta be at least 100 little tops on this thing, and every time a have to pull one down to match the rest of the canopy it pops new tops from its nodes. Sure, it's all fun and games until I gotta trim these flowers!
I've yet to flower this strain out, so not sure what lies ahead as far as bud development. I'm assuming modest because she's a 45 day strain and will be surprised at whatever she does. BUT say if each cola only produces 2 grams (conservatively) that should be around a half pound of dry flower from 200 watts.
Not too shabby!

20201214_223713.jpg

20201214_223635.jpg

20201214_223547.jpg

20201214_223534.jpg

20201214_223503.jpg

20201214_222413.jpg

Tonight went out to check on everyone.
Leafy greens are getting bigger so it's time to move some out of the tent as the other greens are getting bigger too!
The monster SCROG afghani is continuing to fill in nicely and Gary the Gecko was on the job!

20201215_235707.jpg

20201215_235711.jpg

20201215_235727.jpg

20201216_000026.jpg

Thanks man!
Hopefully I'll be able to thin it out some soon.
Mrs. Cough likes to take one northern lights capsule before bed every night.
Say each capsule uses 0.25 grams of decarbed flower, then an ounce lasts about 4 months LOL.
So 3-4 ounces of northern lights can last her a year at that rate, no need to keep my tiny grow full of an easy to get strain that lasts a while. So, once I fill some jars with it I will retire the strain for a while and dedicate more space and resources to the more rare and/or heavily used strains like the landrace pakistani and her daytime favorites mango and purple haze. May or may not continue the afghani depending on how she does. Got some clones going just in case, but if she's a night time knock out a half lb should last quite a while!

I'm a lightweight casual smoker, so a bong hit here and there after work will do...I'm still smoking a tangerine dream auto from a while back and have a little white widow auto going that'll probably keep me going for a while.
I am Looking forward having purple haze again, she's a nice smoke for going through the day with a grin. Not too heavy of a stone nor too racy, just a great relaxing social high like something you would smoke at a barbecue or pool party, etc

Another fun night of training and more training. This afghani girl is really trying to run away but more so on one side so it's been interesting trying to balance her out. Starting to think i might flip her on Christmas or new year's day at the latest, she's getting pretty close to forming a SCREEN OF GREEN!!

The little white widow is starting to get frosty too. I don't know if she has some weird wonky genes and is a little runt or if i stressed her early on? Either way just having some fun with her.

Lastly the basil bottle project seems to be going well. Biggest issue I'm finding is that when they start getting big they're pretty floppy and drink a lot, so you gotta keep an eye on them once they take off. Not bad for a passive hydro system made from upcycled materials and spray paint!

20201217_000941.jpg

20201217_000822.jpg

20201217_000816.jpg

20201216_233349.jpg

20201216_233250.jpg

A little late in posting but this weekend has been training more training!
Also, after having the same phone for 4 years my dumbass just realized I can draw on pictures in my gallery! What??

Have some small northern lights babies who are starting to turn into rowdy teens and need to reign them in a little. One has a cluster of side branches and a tall central shoot that i pinched the top off of last week. Since then it pushed two main stems from the top and the lower branches are filling in well. Thinking I'm going to take the top of and root the upper shoots for sexing, repot the bottom and start training out the lower branches.

The bigger northern lights and purple haze are going through more training and starting to look like a spiral to keep them contained somewhat!

Starting to wonder of one of my Pakistani babies is a male because it suddenly stretched to almost double the height of the other with long node spacing, etc. Maybe it got shifted to where it had less light, but i have my suspicions...

The monster scrog Afghan has been keeping me on my toes! Her clones are finally starting to look like rooted clones after weeks and weeks sitting in the bubbler, she is a stubborn mom! I know the cloner works because I've rooted dozens of basil cuttings in the same timeframe that the afghani cuttings were hanging out in there.
So, her canopy is getting oh so close and i really want to fill out every corner of the cabinet because it just looks so cool!

20201220_015351.jpg

20201220_015313.jpg

20201220_015109.jpg

20201220_014133.jpg

20201220_013518.jpg

20201220_004524.jpg

20201219_014114.jpg

20201219_010755.jpg

A little late in posting but this weekend has been training more training!
Also, after having the same phone for 4 years my dumbass just realized I can draw on pictures in my gallery! What??

Have some small northern lights babies who are starting to turn into rowdy teens and need to reign them in a little. One has a cluster of side branches and a tall central shoot that i pinched the top off of last week. Since then it pushed two main stems from the top and the lower branches are filling in well. Thinking I'm going to take the top of and root the upper shoots for sexing, repot the bottom and start training out the lower branches.

The bigger northern lights and purple haze are going through more training and starting to look like a spiral to keep them contained somewhat!

Starting to wonder of one of my Pakistani babies is a male because it suddenly stretched to almost double the height of the other with long node spacing, etc. Maybe it got shifted to where it had less light, but i have my suspicions...

The monster scrog Afghan has been keeping me on my toes! Her clones are finally starting to look like rooted clones after weeks and weeks sitting in the bubbler, she is a stubborn mom! I know the cloner works because I've rooted dozens of basil cuttings in the same timeframe that the afghani cuttings were hanging out in there.
So, her canopy is getting oh so close and i really want to fill out every corner of the cabinet because it just looks so cool!

20201220_015351.jpg

20201220_015313.jpg

20201220_015109.jpg

20201220_014133.jpg

20201220_013518.jpg

20201220_004524.jpg

20201219_014114.jpg

20201219_010755.jpg
Looking good southerncough!! I’m not seeing a male yet I’d give her some more time to shine before debating.. I just got finished growing a strawberry cough where I had first thought it was a male and ended up putting it outside for nature to find a spot to sit, and I had vegged her out for over a month without any sings until entering into flower that looked like male parts! But I left her out side and she grew into mature female with a small yield of course lol because I put her outside wayyy to late!! Treat her like a female that she is and before ya know it hairs will appear!!! :high-five: (Don’t be shy to pluck them sick leaves if they get too far behind to bring back life your plants love ya for it!):yummy:

Looking good southerncough!! I’m not seeing a male yet I’d give her some more time to shine before debating.. I just got finished growing a strawberry cough where I had first thought it was a male and ended up putting it outside for nature to find a spot to sit, and I had vegged her out for over a month without any sings until entering into flower that looked like male parts! But I left her out side and she grew into mature female with a small yield of course lol because I put her outside wayyy to late!! Treat her like a female that she is and before ya know it hairs will appear!!! :high-five: (Don’t be shy to pluck them sick leaves if they get too far behind to bring back life your plants love ya for it!):yummy:
Thanks! For sure not making any decisions yet about the taller Pakistani, just saying I'm keeping an eye on it

Appreciate if I may continue to follow.
Very impressive grow!

When my girls look like they could use a jolt of N put a couple mil. of Verde in their weekly regiment.

Been experimenting with diluted amounts of Citrix acid to eliminate spider mites as part of my humid acid spray 1 to 250 ratio then work to 1 to 150 and repeat.

Tonight I didn't have a whole lot of time to play in the garden but managed to transplant some basils that were way overdue and pretty root bound. Also went in and cleaned out some of the undergrowth on the monster scrog Afghan. Was saving those for clones and put them aside in a cup of water for now.
The veg tent is starting to get crowded so I might start taking clones soon to sex the northern lights and Pakistani plants. Also might start moving the leafy greens out of there as well.
Everyone is looking pretty happy so far knock on wood!

20201223_020428.jpg

20201223_015732.jpg

20201223_015459.jpg

20201223_014721.jpg

20201223_013300.jpg

20201223_013020.jpg

20201223_012640.jpg

20201223_012635.jpg

20201223_012629.jpg

Not a whole lot of excitement tonight but did finally manage to take some cuttings from some of the plants that need sexing, 3 northern lights and one of the Pakistani were ready to donate some cuttings but Pakistani 2 isn't big enough for that yet. Noticed lots of hollow stems happening in the veg tent, hope that's not a bad thing!

20201224_032838.jpg

Not a whole lot of excitement tonight but did finally manage to take some cuttings from some of the plants that need sexing, 3 northern lights and one of the Pakistani were ready to donate some cuttings but Pakistani 2 isn't big enough for that yet. Noticed lots of hollow stems happening in the veg tent, hope that's not a bad thing!

20201224_032838.jpg
Looking spiffy southerncough!! Every time I here northern lights now I get excited! I ended up sacrificing one top nug a few days ago in order to get that up and close trich pic, but ummmm I just had a joint for the am normality and I think I’m hooked on phonics now!! My whole body throbs!!!

Have you noticed anything with this hollow step dilemma? Because I’m curious as well I always have hollow stemming going on in veg and hasn’t slowed me down one bit! I wonder what that’s about your now the 2nd person that mentioned this but I guess that’s one thing I’ll have to do some research on now because I’m intrigued to know more!! :passitleft:

I ran out of silica a few weeks ago and last time I went to the hydro store they were closed for lunch so maybe it had something to do with it? Seems like they went through a growth spurt bn with lanky hollow stems. Maybe it's a good thing meaning that they're very happy

I ran out of silica a few weeks ago and last time I went to the hydro store they were closed for lunch so maybe it had something to do with it? Seems like they went through a growth spurt bn with lanky hollow stems. Maybe it's a good thing meaning that they're very happy
Haha I understand now lol! I had a buddy of mine that would know everything when he would come over and see my plants. He would tell me that bark means less thc because the skin is too hard! Haha I always was like man I thought I smoked the best stuff on earth but apparently someone gets fairy dust in their smoke!!:rofl:
Happy holidays my friend tell all the nature friends I said hello and to keep up the growing!! :snowboating:

So, while topping another plant i was starting to think maybe these filmsy hollow stems could be related to my weak ass veg lights? Because multiple strains in the same media, same feed schedule etc have it but the plants under the quantum board lights in the cabinet on the same feeding schedule have tough, woody stems...hmmm...
Did a little transplanting, lots more training on the monster scrog and even took the Mrs. Out for a little nature trip!

20201224_205440.jpg

20201224_205239.jpg

20201224_205225.jpg

20201224_204152.jpg

20201224_204043.jpg

20201224_204020.jpg

20201224_202809.jpg

20201224_150943.jpg

20201224_150521.jpg

Tonight I pulled the big girl out to take a look at her. Gave her canopy a good blasting with my old carpet fan and knocked off some whiteflies. Then a good soak of insecticidal soap and neem then managed to wiggle her back in for some more training. I changed the timer to 12/12...then an hour after came back and changed it back....gonna give her a week with minimal training and let her show me her best shoots. Then I'll flip her to bloom on new year's day and start clearing out the weakest shoots.
Everyone got some plain water tonight because I'm feeling lazy and will get a good feeding soon.
Now I'm off to figure out how to get fly trap glue out of my arm hair...

20201226_014453.jpg

20201226_013733.jpg

20201226_012439.jpg

Back
Top Bottom