Southern's Little Garden Of Health & Healing

Tonight I pulled the big girl out to take a look at her. Gave her canopy a good blasting with my old carpet fan and knocked off some whiteflies. Then a good soak of insecticidal soap and neem then managed to wiggle her back in for some more training. I changed the timer to 12/12...then an hour after came back and changed it back....gonna give her a week with minimal training and let her show me her best shoots. Then I'll flip her to bloom on new year's day and start clearing out the weakest shoots.
Everyone got some plain water tonight because I'm feeling lazy and will get a good feeding soon.
Now I'm off to figure out how to get fly trap glue out of my arm hair...

20201226_014453.jpg

20201226_013733.jpg

20201226_012439.jpg
Omg I feel like I just had this dilemma the other day lol! Not even using alcohol could I get that stuff off my arm hair!! :rofl:

But on the white fly’s I’m sorry to hear your getting them my friend ! If you haven’t tried lost coast plant therapy it works great for white flys but the only trick to it is having to spray until they all die and then to continue spraying once a week to make sure they don’t come back. The only issues I’ve found since this treatment is all organic that it doesn’t kill them on contact, but takes a little bit before they start dying off and then you have to continue spraying weekly until you don’t find anymore for them to reject landing on your plant again! I only use the stuff on my outdoor gardens, but when I have an issue indoors with a bug I’ll sray them depending on how far into flower I am. Just wouldn’t advise spraying lost cost on your buds tho because I experimented a little last spring on a test subject spraying the buds with the treatment and the final outcome made the buds burn black and just didn’t taste right!

I f-ing hate white flys!!! :cough:o_O

Like the Alligator pic. Use to fish/knee board in Orange lake, just little south of Gainesville when i was younger.

Scrog plant looks great, looks like its going to produce alot of flowers
Thanks! I grew up in N.E. FL and my grandparents had a place on the water near Palatka where i also spent many weekends knee boarding in gator infested waters (really freaked my granny out LOL).

Omg I feel like I just had this dilemma the other day lol! Not even using alcohol could I get that stuff off my arm hair!! :rofl:

But on the white fly’s I’m sorry to hear your getting them my friend ! If you haven’t tried lost coast plant therapy it works great for white flys but the only trick to it is having to spray until they all die and then to continue spraying once a week to make sure they don’t come back. The only issues I’ve found since this treatment is all organic that it doesn’t kill them on contact, but takes a little bit before they start dying off and then you have to continue spraying weekly until you don’t find anymore for them to reject landing on your plant again! I only use the stuff on my outdoor gardens, but when I have an issue indoors with a bug I’ll sray them depending on how far into flower I am. Just wouldn’t advise spraying lost cost on your buds tho because I experimented a little last spring on a test subject spraying the buds with the treatment and the final outcome made the buds burn black and just didn’t taste right!

I f-ing hate white flys!!! :cough:o_O
Thanks! I'll definitely look into that!
Hope it's not super expensive. I think they're coming in from the yard and lots of plants right outside the garage have them. I have some stuff with peppermint oil and such in it i may try. Gonna pick up some more sticky traps too.
As for the glue goo it seems that a regime of dish soap and alcohol will break it down enough that you can go to bed with slightly matted arm hair. Once i got that shit on my head while scoping buds...Mrs cough was like
" you okay? Been in the shower a long time!"

Thanks! I grew up in N.E. FL and my grandparents had a place on the water near Palatka where i also spent many weekends knee boarding in gator infested waters (really freaked my granny out LOL).
Hell yeah, i know Palatka well. I grew up in Ocala but lived in Orange Park for couple of years.
Miss Florida and the fishing for sure

Thanks! I'll definitely look into that!
Hope it's not super expensive. I think they're coming in from the yard and lots of plants right outside the garage have them. I have some stuff with peppermint oil and such in it i may try. Gonna pick up some more sticky traps too.
As for the glue goo it seems that a regime of dish soap and alcohol will break it down enough that you can go to bed with slightly matted arm hair. Once i got that shit on my head while scoping buds...Mrs cough was like
" you okay? Been in the shower a long time!"
Actually it’s pretty damn expensive my friend! I was a little skeptical buying it at first but my white fly infestation outside over the summer was pretty epic so it had to be done! Them things can go from 5 to a million over night here around my woods!
I completely understand the frustration my friend lol I’m constantly bumping into them sticky traps! Especially the traps that come in them little tubes! Damn things are evil I tell ya!

Actually it’s pretty damn expensive my friend! I was a little skeptical buying it at first but my white fly infestation outside over the summer was pretty epic so it had to be done! Them things can go from 5 to a million over night here around my woods!
I completely understand the frustration my friend lol I’m constantly bumping into them sticky traps! Especially the traps that come in them little tubes! Damn things are evil I tell ya!
Looks like you can order a free sample on the lost coast website...hmmm

Tonight we're getting sooo close to wrapping up the veg phase of this big girl! Did some string adjustments and really wanted to level out the canopy but didn't feel up to running 50 more strings...so i got out the pliers for some last minute super cropping.
Even though I've done it many times before it's always nerve racking breaking those branches! Noo! I'm sorry!
But it's so telling when I'm done and have to go back because some of the stems already started rising back up.
Some of them tough SOBs had to get pinched in 3 places just to get them to lay flat!
But, seeing that flat carpet of green is just soo satisfying!
Ok...
For the rest of the week i promise I'm just going to let her stretch a little and ONLY mess with the shoots that try to outgrow the rest.

20201227_020257.jpg

20201227_015423.jpg

20201227_015223.jpg

20201227_015145.jpg

Tonight we're getting sooo close to wrapping up the veg phase of this big girl! Did some string adjustments and really wanted to level out the canopy but didn't feel up to running 50 more strings...so i got out the pliers for some last minute super cropping.
Even though I've done it many times before it's always nerve racking breaking those branches! Noo! I'm sorry!
But it's so telling when I'm done and have to go back because some of the stems already started rising back up.
Some of them tough SOBs had to get pinched in 3 places just to get them to lay flat!
But, seeing that flat carpet of green is just soo satisfying!
Ok...
For the rest of the week i promise I'm just going to let her stretch a little and ONLY mess with the shoots that try to outgrow the rest.

20201227_020257.jpg

20201227_015423.jpg

20201227_015223.jpg

20201227_015145.jpg
Have you grown her before? That beast is going to be a show to watch in flower!!!!!

I haven't grown this one before and am shooting for a half pound to not be disappointed because she's (supposedly) a 6 week strain but wouldn't that be something to pull a lb from 200 watts??

I haven't grown this one before and am shooting for a half pound to not be disappointed because she's (supposedly) a 6 week strain but wouldn't that be something to pull a lb from 200 watts??
Mother northern was grown under 420 watts so we shall see her final weigh in once she’s finished drying up! So personally I think you could pull it off without a doubt! :passitleft:

Mother northern was grown under 420 watts so we shall see her final weigh in once she’s finished drying up! So personally I think you could pull it off without a doubt! :passitleft:
Can't wait to see what her dry weight is!

Tonight I added some LED bars to supplement the lights in the veg tent to hopefully keep the stretching down.
Only needed to do minor amounts of training to the monster scrog.
And the little white widow auto is getting frostier and may be ready soon.

20201227_225327.jpg

20201227_224712.jpg

20201227_224658.jpg

20201227_224105.jpg

Hey Southern...Beautiful ScroG you got there. That is a labor of love.

Side note on those hollow stems. It is not due to your lights. I am primarily an outdoor grower and this season i ran 2 seperate strains (#1-Mango #2-BluCheez×Mango) in the same planter. They both had great sunlight and super soil. The Mango grew with solid stems and the (CheezMango) grew with hallow stems. The (CheezMango) is totally trichier & stonier than the Mango but the (CheezMango) had floppy syndrome. She laid all over the place and was quite unsightly. So i believe "hallow stems" to be genetic IME.

Hey Southern...Beautiful ScroG you got there. That is a labor of love.

Side note on those hollow stems. It is not due to your lights. I am primarily an outdoor grower and this season i ran 2 seperate strains (#1-Mango #2-BluCheez×Mango) in the same planter. They both had great sunlight and super soil. The Mango grew with solid stems and the (CheezMango) grew with hallow stems. The (CheezMango) is totally trichier & stonier than the Mango but the (CheezMango) had floppy syndrome. She laid all over the place and was quite unsightly. So i believe "hallow stems" to be genetic IME.
They really seem to have gone through a growth spurt where the stems were kinda bendy because even though they're hollow after some training and more light they're starting to harden up some.

Tonight while giving the monster SCROG's canopy a few days off from training to stretch a little, I spent some time crawling around under the canopy plucking leaves and shoots from the bottoms of the lateral branches that will never amount to anything decent. By no means did I get them all, but did manage to make a nice little pile during the short time I was working in the garden.
Everyone else was looking great and got a nice feeding. More to come soon with the training of the purple haze and northern lights. The smaller plants are still recovering from being topped and popped for cuttings and should be bouncing back any day now. Gotta say I'm looking forward to these new fabric pots with the velcro down the side to make for easier transplanting in the near future. Speaking of, I need to get some more coco!

20201229_232727.jpg

20201229_232722.jpg

20201229_232715.jpg

Tonight I took a break from working on the monster scrog Afghan to. She's doing great and her stretch is going perfectly. Still planning to flip her into bloom on January 1st. Meanwhile i dedicated some time and attention to the purple haze and northern lights girls in training, cleaned them both up and did some branch bending and tying. Then removed the remaining basil and lettuce plants from the veg tent to make room for the weed babies to spread out a little. Then cleared some room on the veggie shelf in the garage and set up an additional old led for the evicted greens to live under.
Yesterday I made a salad from some of the lettuce and it was really good! My baby san marzono tomatoes are looking great! Maybe soon they'll be pasta sauce!

20201231_020704.jpg

20201231_020656.jpg

20201231_014319.jpg

20201231_014303.jpg

20201231_014237.jpg

20201231_013928.jpg

20201231_013921.jpg

20201231_013916.jpg

20201231_012530.jpg

20201231_011057.jpg

It's nice to see the documentation. As any ol' dude that runs across your grow is amazed, like myself, it is a reality to understand that it doesn't happen by itself. The training obviously has to happen young. Thanks for showing us.

Back
Top Bottom