Space bucket LED grow - Leaves are yellowing - Help

Thatguy9123

IMG_77347.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/community/gallery/1312700

So I have a plant in fox farm ocean forest in a 5 gallon space bucket setup. It's about 5 and a half weeks since it's sprouted and I want to switch to flower, however the leaves seem to be yellowing a bit. At first mostly from the bottom. It. Ow it seems to be starting near the top. I have the 135 watt led light about 12 inches above the top of the plant. I notice some of the tips of the leaves are burning maybe it's because of the light? Or do I have a nitrogen problem. I think the plant may a be bit to busy to be in the space bucket setup and it's cause it. It to receive enough light from the sides and underneath? Any input? Opinions. Suggestions.

What ph water are you giving?
What's the runoff ph?
What is the soil ph?
What and how much have you been feeding her?
Can we see some more pictures?

[Signature]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

6.5 ph water. Runoff is 7. I've been alternating plain ph'd water and general organics go box nutrients (about half what the box says). I water every other day. More pictures coming shortly

I don't know how big your pot is but youre prob watering too much.
How much nutes are you giving her?

[Signature]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

Your best bet would be, on your next watering, ph your water to 6.0 and run a flush until you get a runoff near 6.5. On the watering after that, water again with water ph'd to 6.2 and do a runoff until it says 6.3

Ok so here we go. I'm growing in a space bucket. Gallery - Space Buckets
I'm using a 5 gallon container which I'm growing in directly filling the bucket just under half full. The walls are lined with Mylar and I use several tips from other buckets as spacers to raise my led light as the plant grows. It's been in veg for about 5 weeks now with no issues. All of a sudden the leaves seem to be yellowing quite a bit. I feed regular ph'd water one day. Than don't give anything the following day. Than I use the general organics grow box nutrients. I use half of the recommended dose for week for veg. The plant is about 9 inches tall and hasn't shown any issues till now.

By the looks of it, your plant would have shown issues for a bit before it got to this. Your plant is struggling hard with nutrients.
Perhaps while you are trying to fix the soil ph, do a bit of folair feeding, it'll give the nutrients quick time, it's good as a spot remedy once and awhile. Or just to boost things a bit.

So it needs more nutrients not less?

Yes and no. At the roots, you don't need anymore nutrients, they're all there, you've just made them inaccessible by having the improper PH in the medium. Correct the PH issue and the plant goes back to taking up the nutrients.
Folair feeding is a direct route for nutrients, so while your flushing your medium to get it back to the right PH, you might want to folair feed to help the plant get the nutes that are being locked at the roots.

Ok. So I foliar fed. Here's the before and after pics.
IMG_77616.JPG
IMG_77705.JPG

I also watered soil with clean ph'd water. I have some questions. When you foliar feed do you spray off everything after a while with clean water? She seems to be looking a bit healthier now. Will any of the leaves that have turned yellow turn back to green? Should I remove any of the lower leaves that are completely dead?

Ok. So I foliar fed. Here's the before and after pics.
IMG_77616.JPG
IMG_77705.JPG

I also watered soil with clean ph'd water. I have some questions. When you foliar feed do you spray off everything after a while with clean water? She seems to be looking a bit healthier now. Will any of the leaves that have turned yellow turn back to green? Should I remove any of the lower leaves that are completely dead?

Oh she looks much better. After you folar spray, you shouldn't have to respray your leafs with clean water unless the room evaporated the mixture before the leaf got to it. Although there is nothing wrong with doing it either way.

A lot of your leafs will change back to green, the ones that don't, your plant will sacrfice those first. It seems like a lot of your leafs just ran into a nutrient problem, the ones that died because of it (the lower leaves) should pluck off no problem. Sorry I didn't respond sooner

You're having a PH issue.
You're putting in 6.5 and it's coming out as 7.
That means your soil is sitting near 7.5+ which is causing you nutrient lockup.
That was an awesome explanation, I was having a hard time wrapping my head around that thx.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom