Space Issue, need input please!

magical484

Hey guys,

I am a first time grower and I need some input on what I should do to make the plant stop growing upwards, and instead grow outwards(bushy). My plant is almost reaching the top of my grow box and i dont have anywhere else to put the plant.

I recently (week ago) put the plant into flowering cycle to see if it was female and it is. Now i wanted to turn it back into veg cycle and make it keep growing. Is it okay to do that?

This is what i was thinking, let me know if they are good ideas and which one i should do.
1) Put netting a little higher than the plant so when it reaches the netting it will stop growing as much. Does that work? or do people do that for a different reason?
2) Instead of pruning the top of the plant, I was thinking abuot cut the plant in the middle and let the bottom half grow, and clone the top half. Is this done after they get back into veg growth? and is it okay to do in the first place?

Thanks a lot for the help!!

2011-12-28_11_32_33.jpg
2011-12-28_11_33_12.jpg
2011-12-28_11_33_25.jpg

Re: Space Issue, need input plz!

Hey magic...well by the looks of it you've got the growing up too tall solved....(pics are sideways).....at this point just let it go....you should have topped or LST'd her awhile back....For you to cut the top HALF of it would leave a huge wound....you know you could just bend it over and supercrop her....I would leave it alone till the end now...and get those stakes ready....

Ya its staying in here. Ya i realized i could have just supercroped her but ill just let it go and c what happens. If it reaches the top should i supercrop it?

If it reaches the top I would make your box bigger...or get a different box my man... Shes going to get even larger in a few weeks..like maybe another 2 feet...damn...let her go and get the space height taller for her now...you'll be glad

I built my starter box 2ftx2ftx2ft and I needed to make it a little bigger so I put sleaves in all the way around. Just like the dinner table. Worked great, painted it up ( satin white ). So now it's like 12 inches higher. Trial and error.

More light.

Light in the range of ~6500K.

Light closer to the plant (as in... an inch or two for those low-wattage CFLs).

Light bulbs in proper (horizontal) orientation.

Place reflectors directly above each light bulb (even ones made from soda cans help) to direct the other ~50% of the light towards the plants.

Tie the uppermost growing tip down so that it is now at the lowermost point of the plant. Auxins will be redistributed; branching will occur.

Oh, did I mention more light? ;)

Like TS said ^, more light. Yes you can revert to veg and take clones, it will take a month. Is the plant any good? Ideally you should have taken the top off at the 4th node to encourage branching (keeps the light closer) and made the top a new plant (clone of that one). The clone can be sexed easily before you have to flower the original plant. Most plants will stretch by two times during flower....if it is 4 feet when it started 12/12, it will probably finish around 8 feet or more. Over the next couple days try to bend to top to the base. Tie it over a little bit each day.

Back
Top Bottom