Space/Light problem

DUKE1985

Hey guys

I have 14 plants that are about a month old that I am growing in a closet now and transplanting outside in mid May. My problem is that I am running out of room. I have (4) 75 watt flouros them and don't really have the extra money to buy more unless its a must. How do you think the plants would respond by splitting them up on separate shelves with (2) flouros over 7 plants each?

Unknown_-_Still_0012

you need more light bro, looks like you had the light to far away from the plants to begin with, stretching. but if you cant get more lights, you'll just have to wait and transplant. do you have anything for reflecting the light thats in there

yeah 4 floros definately dont put out enough lumens for 14 plants. i kno you said you really dont have the extra money, but you can go and buy some cfls, theyre pretty cheap, you can get 2 or 3 of them in a package for like 5 or 6 bucks.

Turn down the light cycle to 12 - 12 for 2 weeks . As the males show sex , remove them . After the 2 weeks are up and the plants have been sexed return to the original light cycle . Not only will you have more or less doubled your space , but the remaining females should be bushier growth also.:peace:

Generally when I'm confronted by a spatial problem I do low stress training, basically pulling down the plants and branches and making them grow a certain way (careful not to break them). You can find plenty of info on training, on here and the web.

Light problem, it's hard to fix without cash for more. Paint the walls white, use foil/mylar are cheap solutions but hardly a full alternative to good lights. I found most of my stuff on craigslist, it was abused stuff, but I got 2 1000w for $50 each and a 400w for $20, just needed bulbs and a little TLC.

Another solution is to find a grower/friend who has the lights and move your plants there or talk them into borrowing a light for yourself. Most the people around my area are cool and would hook a brother up.

Hey guys

I have 14 plants that are about a month old that I am growing in a closet now and transplanting outside in mid May. My problem is that I am running out of room. I have (4) 75 watt flouros them and don't really have the extra money to buy more unless its a must. How do you think the plants would respond by splitting them up on separate shelves with (2) flouros over 7 plants each?

Unknown_-_Still_0012

You have a good start there, as I undersatnd it you want to transplant out doors in about 4 weeks. they should do fine splitting the lights up will slow down the growth which due to timing is probly a good thing since you need to veg them another 4 weeks. changing to 12-12 is a bad idea 'cause when you transplant next month the sun will still be in it's veg cycle so to speak, in other words May sun is a veg sun; August sun is the flowering sun:>)

The plants will respond to the longer light period and go back into veg cycle . It would be like re-veging a harvested plant ,alot bushier and you wouldn't waste time and space on unwanted males. Lower intensity light will tend to give a higher ratio of male to female plants. But, then again , sometimes messing with the light cycle will in the end , turn some females into hermi's.:peace:

I personally never had a good experience with taking young plants to flowering then back out. It stunted my plants bad, made all the edges non-serated more like ivy. I have one that I threw outside after seeing the damage it did, it's been in full April sun for almost 4 weeks and hasn't grown normal leaves yet.

The plants will respond to the longer light period and go back into veg cycle . It would be like re-veging a harvested plant ,alot bushier and you wouldn't waste time and space on unwanted males. Lower intensity light will tend to give a higher ratio of male to female plants. But, then again , sometimes messing with the light cycle will in the end , turn some females into hermi's.:peace:

Yes but, it takes 4-5 weeks for them revegg, makes for a long season. depending on which latitude you live could be a problem:>)

Back
Top Bottom