Space up there

tighteyez

long time smoker first time grower...I carved out a small 5x10 area in my attic using some panda paper to place my hydro system in. I had an electricain install six outlets 2 240v (lights n ballast) and 4 120v (fans, ac and etc). I also ran a water line and placed a float valve in my rez which will make things a whole lot easier for me. I have a 400w HPS light with a reflective hood that vents outside, ballast (which is outside the room), fan and carbon filter. I also added a 7000 btu ac unit with one oscillating fan. I did a test run today and the temp was 80+ plus deg. Thinking of ways to get the temp down. 1st is to remove the panda paper install insulation then hang sheet rock...i really dont want to do that as it would be hassle getting materials up there...2nd would be to buy additioinal fans or another ac unit. Any other ideas? please advise.

If your hood is sealed, then increase the air flow through it. If not, then you should look into that. You should have normal outside grow area air, running through the lamp, and straight out of the grow area. Then lessen the amount of air going through the rest of the grow area (out of the AC unit). The cold air stays in longer, while the hot air is exhausted as fast as possible. Don't use cold air to go through the lamp, use outside air. Basically two different air systems, one for the lamp, one for everything else.

The light is putting out around 1300 btu's, so a 7000 btu AC unit should be able to keep it cool.

You also might not want to put straight tap water into the res. Need to adjust pH before you do that.

PrairiePoet said:
If your hood is sealed, then increase the air flow through it. If not, then you should look into that. You should have normal outside grow area air, running through the lamp, and straight out of the grow area. Then lessen the amount of air going through the rest of the grow area (out of the AC unit). The cold air stays in longer, while the hot air is exhausted as fast as possible. Don't use cold air to go through the lamp, use outside air. Basically two different air systems, one for the lamp, one for everything else.

The light is putting out around 1300 btu's, so a 7000 btu AC unit should be able to keep it cool.

You also might not want to put straight tap water into the res. Need to adjust pH before you do that.

Increase the air flow? I have a 4" TD inline fan connected to my carbon filter that removes the air outside through a vent. The outside grow area air is much warmer than inside my tent, should I still use that air? I think I will get another fan to remove the hot air I have access to another soffit that will be a huge help.

I realize I may sum PH issues. But that prevents me from hauling water up there. Will it be too difficult to adj the PH?

dadums said:
Foam panels for the walls, light weight to get up there. Cool tube for your light if not already.

I just purchased sum foam reflective panels today thanks. I'm not familiar with the cool tube lights I guess I'll have to look into that.

Blazer420 said:
Can you get any air intake from the soffet vents?

B-

I'm using one to take the air out from my lights. I do have access to another one I think I will use for an addtl fan.

Here is an example
1000 Watt MH HPS 8" Cool Tube Grow Light - Access Hydroponic

Thanks for the link & info. I'm currenlty installing foam panels and installing another fan...hoping this will be sufficient I have invested too much into my room to stop now.

Back
Top Bottom