Space Wabbits 1st Grow - LED - Purple Haze/Cookies Kush/Lemon Skunk - Advice Welcome

Space Wabbit

Hello Everyone :byebye:

I've been a long time lurker, but finally decided to take the plunge and start my first grow journal. This may be my first time growing but I'm definitely taking all the steps to make sure it goes well. That's where you come in! I am at a stage where I need some guidance from some experienced growers. Currently my plants are three weeks old and looking good (I think) so I'm hoping I can get some tips on what to do next to maximize the yield.

Here's some info about my setup (gathered from here as being pretty typical):

Tent: 36x20x62" Apollo
Light: 1000w (10w x 100) LED (don't hate!)
Medium: FFOF in 3 gal pots with 20% perlite
Air Circulation: 4in exhaust w/ carbon filter and small PC intake fan (for now)
Nutes: FF Trio, Maxicrop Liquid Seaweed
Other equipment: PPM Meter, PH Meter, Temp/Humidity meter

Strains: Purple Haze, Cookies Kush, Lemon Skunk (decided to go with freebies for the first grow)

My current regimen is a 18/6 light cycle and watering about every three days switching between a light dose of liquid seaweed and regular ph'd water. Haven't started any other nutes yet since I don't think they need them and I don't have my PPM meter yet to check the run off.

Yes I am using a cheap chinese led, but it seems to be working well.... Aside from the heat, my temps are high in the low 80's with the lights on at night. I think it's due to the hot closet environment which I vent directly out of. Overall it doesn't seem to be hurting the plants since I keep fresh air constantly circulating, but if it becomes an issue I'll move the tent.

Not sure if its the light intensity (no tacoing) or the strains, but my plants have very short node spacing, very bushy. About four days ago I fimmed the Purple Haze and Cookies to encourage more tops. And I've been gently bending the plants to stay low and grow into their own corner of the tent, but I honestly don't know if I'm doing this right or if this is the right way to go. Lemon skunk will get fimmed next.

Enough blabbering, on with the photos!

from left to right: lemon skunk, cookies kush, purple haze
1142.png

lemon
IMG_20160601_180020950_1_.jpg

cookies
22383.jpg

purp
31903.jpg

Fimmed cookies, hope I did this right :straightface:
41472.jpg

Re: Space Wabbits First Grow, LED, Purple Haze, Cookies Kush, Lemon Skunk (need guida

I found your journal! Looks like you and I are very close in the stages of our plants. Since I'm a rookie I am not trying to advise anyone until my first grow is over but I am excited to see how ours turn out!

Re: Space Wabbits First Grow, LED, Purple Haze, Cookies Kush, Lemon Skunk (need guida

Looks great for your first run. I also got china leds but my first grow was atrocious. But i couldnt stop playing with them and way over nuting and drowning them. I thought it was the crappy little leds but you may have just pr oved me wrong.

THE GREEN RACER.

Looks great for your first run. I also got china leds but my first grow was atrocious. But i couldnt stop playing with them and way over nuting and drowning them. I thought it was the crappy little leds but you may have just pr oved me wrong.

THE GREEN RACER.

Thanks! This is actually my second LED. The first one I got was a 60x5w ViparSpectra from amazon (300w supposedly). I used it for about 2 weeks and it was working well, only problem being the temps (low 80s). I researched a bit and found a few anecdotes noting heat issues. That prompted me to look into another light since I planned to add more light during flower and I didn't want heat to be a big problem. Unfortunately my replacement light still keeps the temps in the low 80's (high 20's C) but at least its giving me way more light.

Think I might use the other LED for a separate veg tent if all goes well with this grow. :winkyface:

Sounds like a plan mate

THE GREEN RACER.

Re: Space Wabbits First Grow, LED, Purple Haze, Cookies Kush, Lemon Skunk - Need Guid

Hi Wabbit,

I'll come along for the ride if that's cool. Your plants look great! I think mid 80s is perfectly fine temp but I am a newb too. Maybe consider upgrading to a 6 in fan...? I added a LED to my 600w MH and now temps are topping off at 90 so I may need to consider a new fan myself, I'm using a cheap home depo 6" which is about 160 CFM. There are lots of helpful experienced people here. Best of luck with your grow!

Re: Space Wabbits First Grow, LED, Purple Haze, Cookies Kush, Lemon Skunk - Need Guid

Thanks for Joining, my temps around the tent are high 70's so I can't expect much. I think I'm gonna address the issue this weekend. I want my Purple Haze to turn purple during flower and I think lower temps will help that towards the end, so stayed tuned!

Re: Space Wabbits 1st Grow - LED - Purple Haze/Cookies Kush/Lemon Skunk - Advice Welc

Still bushing out, I will add screen later today I think. Also I added a cheap humidifier which has helped- humidity sitting at about 50% and temps at about 78deg (25.5c) with the lights on.

Since these plants are now at about 4 weeks I will start adding light nutrients on the next water.

f_1_1.jpg

g_1_13.jpg

Re: Space Wabbits 1st Grow - LED - Purple Haze/Cookies Kush/Lemon Skunk - Advice Welc

Update with pics will come later today. Kinda just letting the plants fill out more while I do some light defoliating, all three strains are very short and extremely bushy. Super dense foliage and very short node spacing. The LST seems to be working well since I see lots of tops at nearly equal height.

I built a screen that I will add once the plants get a little taller. Other than that I started watering with light nutes and I will gradually bump up the ppm with every other watering.

Back
Top Bottom