SpaceGhost Barney's Seeds Grow

SpaceGhost

I bought a bunch of Barney's Farm Seeds and some others too. This is my 1st time growing with high quality seeds. All of my previous plants have come from bag seeds or a friend donated some clones.

The Seeds that have been germinated
All are feminized

Barney's
Vanilla Kush
Pineapple Chunk
Critical Kush
Tangerine Dream. germinating 4 seeds

Bomb Seeds
THC Bomb. germinating 3 seeds

Royal Queen Seeds (free seeds from Herbies)
Royal Queen Critical
Royal Queen Flower Power

The grow rooms
Clones/early veg 5' x 7'
florescent lights
8 bulb 4' T5
4 bulb 4' T5
4 bulb 4' T8

Veg Room 5' x 9'
2 x 600w MH
RDWC
5 gal buckets
27gal res

Flower/Bloom Room 15' x 15'
6 x 1000w Hps
RDWC
5 gal buckets
27gal res

Blue Planet Nutrients
3 part w/bloom booster
VitaBlue
Early Bloomer

Watering: I call circulating the nuts. :30min every 1.5hrs You don't want stagnate nuts warm buckets, it helps the ph stability

Not much of a plan, No GLR as I flower too many plants at different stages in the same room. Germinating, seeding, Cloning, Training, High defoliation and Super Cropping are always on the agenda, along with big #'s

The seeds
IMG_024825.JPG

I've always used the 2 plates and a wet paper towel method
IMG_033215.JPG

I use root riots. I used to start with rockwool but lost to many that way. I've had 98% since switching to the rr's
I'm trying something new ant that's hollowing out the top of the rr like a volcano and the making a pathway for the root to easily start downwards and then I chop up the top piece that I cut out into small pieces and place them on top the seedling should push them out of the way easily.. The Tangerine dream is being done this way.
IMG_033525.JPG

IMG_034114.JPG

and here is some of the kids that have rooted and made it to the next stage with a 4 x 4" rockwool cube
IMG_035416.JPG

IMG_035514.JPG

IMG_035619.JPG

Jump on, sit back and enjoy the magic carpet ride. Come one, come all.

Seedlings
IMG_037410.JPG

not sure if ya can see it or not but the volcano topped root riots are working like a charm. The seedling is able to push the chopped up rr aside and push through. The tail is doing what I had planed and following the path made by my scissors to the bottom of the rr. No more splitting the rr's for me. I've lost a couple that have got caught and I wasn't on top of it and they couldn't push their way through.

and those 3 (red/green clip) are the Tangerine dream I was having to wait to crack
IMG_037513.JPG

I'm posting pics each day as I am excited how well the seeds are doing in the volcano topped rr's.
IMG_03798.JPG

This is some of the Barney's crew. there like 3-4 days grow my little ones. their on about 500ppms of my diluted bloom mix
IMG_038113.JPG

great start mate, i used to use paper towel method but the more i read the less i used it, i was reading that you end up with more males using paper towel method, this wont be a problem with fem seeds, but with regular seeds the stress of moving the seed tends to cause more male plants, or so i was told, i have nothing to back this up apart from what i read, but it basically said that the tap roots have very fine hairs on them and moving the seeds from the paper towel to the pots or grow medium damages these hairs and this brings out more males due to this stress,

im not sure how true this is, but i now plant the seeds just under 1cm below the surface and they all sprouted quicker than soaking the seeds,

Welcome aboard jandre. Glad you could make it. :high-five:

great start mate, i used to use paper towel method but the more i read the less i used it, i was reading that you end up with more males using paper towel method, this wont be a problem with fem seeds, but with regular seeds the stress of moving the seed tends to cause more male plants, or so i was told, i have nothing to back this up apart from what i read, but it basically said that the tap roots have very fine hairs on them and moving the seeds from the paper towel to the pots or grow medium damages these hairs and this brings out more males due to this stress,

im not sure how true this is, but i now plant the seeds just under 1cm below the surface and they all sprouted quicker than soaking the seeds,

I heard something like that also. I guess I will start doing the cup of water method. If it saves one stressed plant, it couldn't hurt.

On a side note I picked up my 1st patient. I want to be able to supply the best meds that I possibly can to her. She enjoys the edibles that I have gave her for samples. I usually through in a cookie or rice crispy treat with any donations for meds, and she said it helped her pain, rheumatoid arthritis in her hands.
Maybe I should look for a strain with a high cbd and go through the seeds I have planted and figure out which plant would be best to make edibles from.

Myth....... Papertowels causing males is a myth....Think of all the moving around they do in wind, birds, and other animals.... And damaging tiny root hairs is OFTEN done when trampled upon sprouting...

Myth....... Papertowels causing males is a myth....Think of all the moving around they do in wind, birds, and other animals.... And damaging tiny root hairs is OFTEN done when trampled upon sprouting...

My thought was, what about the people that grow in dirt and all the transplanting they do, what 2-3 times they transplant to get into the final pot some times if that ain't enough to hermi.

Unless I get hermies or males out of these, I'm probably not going to change what has been working for me, I watch them very close and now as soon as they crack I'm placing them in the RR's it's to freakin easy.

My thought was, what about the people that grow in dirt and all the transplanting they do, what 2-3 times they transplant to get into the final pot some times if that ain't enough to hermi.

Unless I get hermies or males out of these, I'm probably not going to change what has been working for me, I watch them very close and now as soon as they crack I'm placing them in the RR's it's to freakin easy.

I'm constantly moving my plants around in a hydro Ebb&Flow system... basically they're just a bare root ball... I lose roots here and there. Only had one plant hermie, and that was because I sent her into flower, interrupted flower with a reveg, then shoved her back into flower halfway through reveg. so... 12/12 for 4 weeks, 12-1 for 5 weeks, 12/12 = hermie for 1 singular plant.

I just want to say I :circle-of-love: co2

day2
IMG_040818.JPG

IMG_040919.JPG

no worries she wont burn :thumb: this plant will get a dedicated 1000w as soon as I harvest. BC 14 days
IMG_041015.JPG

IMG_041114.JPG

PE 14 days
IMG_041211.JPG

IMG_041311.JPG

Back
Top Bottom