SpaceGhosts 1st Grow Hydro Advanced Nutrients

What an enjoyable and infectious read your journal is,and what results, so far! Just sat down for a quick cuppa and thought I'd sheck out a journal next thing I know the shops are shut and I am completely baked!! Can only imagine your satisfaction on your first grow, and the next one so close behind :allgood:

What an enjoyable and infectious read your journal is,and what results, so far! Just sat down for a quick cuppa and thought I'd sheck out a journal next thing I know the shops are shut and I am completely baked!! Can only imagine your satisfaction on your first grow, and the next one so close behind :allgood:

Why ty sir.

Pull up a chair and have a seat, let the Doc take a look at ya. stick ya tongue out, sure enough you got cotton Mouth Mr. ajagunle
Have a Pepsi and read some more and stick around for some more pics. camera just died. Stay tuned.

Those roots look great. This is going to be a really nice grow for your first SG. Much better than my first! Keep up the good work.

Good Morning all

The plant that had funny looking seed thingy's.........well they were seeds, looking at her last night I found some nanners and she was chopped immediately. trimmed her up freezing the leaves for some ice hash and will try dring and curing a little to know what to do and expect when the SLH is finished.
DSCF00426.JPG

And then some pics of the yungins. They're a little upset they haven't showed off how big they're getting and wanted to say "hi all"
from left to right SLH, Red chunk, Incredible. My friend said he pulled 6oz off his incredible. sounds like a chalange to test what I have learned.
DSCF00398.JPG

and over here left to right
Blueberry, Pineapple E, Pineapple E, Grape and Grape "Say Cheeze kids"
DSCF00413.JPG

I hate to say it, but I think your defoliation on the top plant in those pics, was slightly too much.

I hate to say it, but I think your defoliation on the top plant in those pics, was slightly too much.

Ya went a little overboard. No really I defoliated way too much and to early with the two big plants. I expect the SLH will finish early also, it is doing better but I see all the same symptoms. I will take it as far as she will let me and then chop, chop, no I'll feelings. This is all a learning experience and I never thought I would have accomplished what I have with out my good friends Bass :high-five: Smokz.

So the real test is how the clones come out from the SLH mother. I defoliated the one plant last night and took just a couple hand fulls off leaves. I really didn't take that much. Only off the main stem and if there was a branch or well developed bud site, extension.
I will tuck leaves out of the way and take some more leaves in 10 days or so.
By me taking so many leaves early it made the plants unable to process the sugars, causing my brownish roots, that couldn't be recovered from. I will really watching what and how much I defoliate in the future. :peace:

I can't wait till next Sunday or so when my stretch should be over.

My house was hit by lightning my tv and internet are out.
We were just standing on our hide out and crack. The old lady said sparks were flying out pf the over head light. Kids said sparks flying out of sockets
All is ok other than no tv internet

Later

SpaceGhost said:
My house was hit by lightning my tv and internet are out.
We were just standing on our hide out and crack. The old lady said sparks were flying out pf the over head light. Kids said sparks flying out of sockets
All is ok other than no tv internet

Later

Good to hear everything is ok. Lightning hit 2 cars and started them on fire along with the underground gas lines where I'm from. Crazy stuff bro

Ohhh
finally got Internet and TV service back. Lightning blew out the Modem and also a internet switch and hub. The repairman also said it blew a couple things outside that are there to help protect the system. We have Att Uverse. The switch I had to pay for and picked one up at best buy.

Ohhh
finally got Internet and TV service back. Lightning blew out the Modem and also a internet switch and hub. The repairman also said it blew a couple things outside that are there to help protect the system. We have Att Uverse. The switch I had to pay for and picked one up at best buy.

Space that just blows. Could be worse I suppose. Least your back up and running though.

latest pics

best, 1st SLH day 45 buds are getting big. Only what this plant could have been if what I know now.
DSCF00557.JPG

DSCF00482.JPG

DSCF00472.JPG

DSCF00547.JPG

Day 24
DSCF00493.JPG

DSCF00502.JPG

Day17 just got beat up the other night
DSCF00517.JPG

Looks really great SG!

2nd pic, leaves look like a possible calcium def? Maybe from a ph lockout at some point?

Looks really great SG!

2nd pic, leaves look like a possible calcium def? Maybe from a ph lockout at some point?

I think it was a over nut. I tried adding a little epsom salt. If your running or going to run AN just stick with their nut plan. Latley in Veg I have only been running A&B and B-52 no vodoo juice, I don't think it helped that much abd its way expensive. I will just be adding H2o2 instead from now on.
When I gets plants through I will post pics for comparison voodoo juice/H202

Voodoo juice is ok stuff. It isnt for killing off bad shit like h202 is. Two different uses. If I were to go with AN's ph perfect formula program then of course you would use both b52 and voodoo as per their schedule.

After talking to Cory from Blue Planet Nutrients on the subject of Voodoo juice and the descriptions, he mentioned a good root enhancer to use during veg through the 1st week of 12/12 will be a product that has numerous types of Glomus in it's description/sheet. iirc Voodoo juice doesnt have these, but Piranha does. But that's expensive too. A little searching and I found Bush Doctor, from FoxFarms. I used this in veg on my current grow in veg + 1 week of 12/12. I'm happy with the results and it's tons cheaper at $21 qt from my local hydro store.

Below is a pic of the roots of my bigun. The thing I guess we're looking for is lots of those little side branches sticking out from the roots like that one coming out of the net pot.

Thats what I understood from the conversation anyways.
P5100001.JPG

Has any1 used the advanced nutrients ph perfect line? What you guy's think is it more additives that's unnecessary? Would it control my ph now after a reservoir change and flushing? Water temps are good 68 and I just checked ever1s roots and their as white as a ghost

I've used the pH Perfect line. Here's my experience, take it for what it's worth.

To get the "guaranteed" effect you're supposed to use the pH Perfect base nutes (Sensi 2-part, the GMB 3-part, or the Connoisseur 2-part) and then the Hobbyist bundle along with that which consists of Big Bud, Voodoo Juice, Overdrive, and B-52. That's the bare minimum for the guarantee, but of course the real pH balancing comes from the base nutrients so most everyone will see that work fine with nothing more than the base nutes. My understanding is that the Bundle is included for the guarantee because it has just enough extra stabilization capacity that certain water chemistry might not work perfectly with the base nutrients alone. What I remember of high school chemistry says that makes sense, but I'm no PhD so I can't say for sure.

Regardless of whether the reason is true or, as the nay-sayers would undoubtedly suggest, an attempt to make you buy more stuff it is worth it in my opinion. There's a real difference to be had from adding those four additives and - again, just my opinion - it more than makes up for the increase in what you're paying.

As far as the Expert and above bundles are concerned, I like them. I've done the Expert level (they build on each other, so Expert means you're getting base nutes, Hobbyist, and Expert bundles) and I am VERY pleased with the results. I'm currently running it at Professional level but it's too early to say how it is going. It looks like another significant step upward but it's still early. I haven't come across anything by AN so far I'd call a rip-off so I'm pretty confident this will be worth it.

So it's up to you I say. If you're interested definitely do the Hobbyist level, that's absolutely 100% worth it. Above that it's personal preference I say. If you're happy with the cost/reward ratio at the Hobbyist level and want to move up, go for it.

Voodoo juice is ok stuff. It isnt for killing off bad shit like h202 is. Two different uses. If I were to go with AN's ph perfect formula program then of course you would use both b52 and voodoo as per their schedule.

After talking to Cory from Blue Planet Nutrients on the subject of Voodoo juice and the descriptions, he mentioned a good root enhancer to use during veg through the 1st week of 12/12 will be a product that has numerous types of Glomus in it's description/sheet. iirc Voodoo juice doesnt have these, but Piranha does. But that's expensive too. A little searching and I found Bush Doctor, from FoxFarms. I used this in veg on my current grow in veg + 1 week of 12/12. I'm happy with the results and it's tons cheaper at $21 qt from my local hydro store.

Below is a pic of the roots of my bigun. The thing I guess we're looking for is lots of those little side branches sticking out from the roots like that one coming out of the net pot.

Thats what I understood from the conversation anyways.
P5100001.JPG

Ya I knows H2o2 and Voodoo juice 2 different different worlds. When using the root enhancers, and correct me if I'm wrong, You're not supposed to use H2o2 as it basically kills the bacteria or what ever it is and then ya just throwing ya money out the window.
H2o2 allows more o2 to be absorbed threw the water or allows the water to carry more o2, again correct me if I'm wrong.
So I'm stopping running Voodoo juice cause it's just to dam expensive. H2o2=.79c

This plant had some Voodoo juice in the beginning but I ran out. I have those same branches off the sides of my roots.
DSCF00378.JPG

I will take pics off my next set of clones when they get to this point in Bloom and determine if a root enhancer realy makes a difference

Back
Top Bottom