Sparks Pops Beans Indoors, In Soil, Under Boards: 'Bout Time!

Burnt Toast day 28 of 12/12.
Lookin a little hungry as she's already using up the energy stored in the lower leaves. So i gave them all a top dress of 1 and a half tablspoons of yum yum mix, 3 tablespoons of craft blend (buildasoil), 4 tablespoons of ground malted barley, 1 cup Bu's blend compost, 1-2 cups vermi-worm/worm castings. (Enough to lay down about a 2" layer.) All scratched in to the top half inch of existing "living soil", watered in with a little aloe, and liquid seaweed/fish hydrolysates.

Jellybreathe bx1 at day 28 of 12/12.
She's the only one that was up-potted to a 4 gallon bucket, and it shows. Leaves are all still nice n' green, and she's putting on the frost.

How many are you doing outdoors this year?

Honestly, me personally, none. I'll only be keeping what i need, and can use in my grow space (indoors), within my season. I usaull ask around a few people that are close to my inner circle, and close to where i live, just so that i can go see how they "differently" outdoors, if at all. Most folks dont even like accepting "cuts" or "clones" from other gardens because most of the time they come with either pests, or mlldew, or both! Usually the subject comes up as we're smoking a fatty of the latest harvest, while walking through a decent sized outdoor grow looking over what we'll be puffin on next! Who's got what, and whos got it crossed with what, and how's it doing now...blah blah blah blah...normal chit chat...and either they offer up cuts, or i do, or both. There's usually some drinkin, and music, and stuff too. But im sure you all get the jist of it. If i can keep track of how they do, and maybe get some pics, ill go ahead and share here.

You're killing it Sparks :thumb: I have to say it looks like you're dipping those beautiful buds in sweet sugar! Great job with the grow. They will be prize nugs when you do the chop chop. Best named strains I've seen someone run, Everytime I read your journal I get hungry.

Thanks HG! I appreciate the kind words and support. Im nothing special for sure...but as the sayin goes. " the sun even shines on a dogs ass somedays!" Lol! Not all my grows are great, or easy for that matter. But this time around, i think the soil was just right, and is the real star here. Makin it easy for this old broke down burro to stand tall like a stallion! :)

:rollit::passitleft:

Right side of the tent- Up front Royale w/cheese #2. And in back Burnt Toast looking hungry still. Shes consuming the energy out of the bottom leaves and fading fast! She will definitely be getting a bigger pot next time. Frosty as heck, and a great bud to leaf ratio. She may not win any awards this time around, but her clones will live on, and ill do my best to push her to her limits!

Very Nice Big Sparks. Budding up great.
:rollit:

Thank you Lowrider. And welcome to my journal, and to the best site around! 420mag people are some of the nicest, and most helpful, and unselfish people ive ever met or seen! I hope you enjoy this place as much as i do! Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Im out. Sparks.
:thumb:

Hey sparks those look the tits congrats. Man they are stacking nicely and getting frosty as shizz. Cant wait to see how the clones survive outside. Will u be posting pics of how they do outdoors or do u jus go an check on em every now an then even tho they r at a friends garden?

Also have a question about how do I get ur clones to survive do u use any cloning gel or powders?

Hey sparks those look the tits congrats. Man they are stacking nicely and getting frosty as shizz. Cant wait to see how the clones survive outside. Will u be posting pics of how they do outdoors or do u jus go an check on em every now an then even tho they r at a friends garden?

Also have a question about how do I get ur clones to survive do u use any cloning gel or powders?

Yup. Its people i go see on a Friday after work to have some beers, burn some fatties, and unwind. Or go on a Saturday, same as above, only add BBQ, more beer and booze, and really take a fricken load off! Lol!
As for clones, i learned along time ago that "again"... "less is more." I used to spray mist my clones alot in a dome, thinking it was a good idea ya know, high humidity and all...well and that would've probably been fine except that under that dome there isn't any breeze or air circulation so you can actually cause them to mold and mildew up, and/or burn your only few remaining leaves like magnifying glass or lense. Killed alot...and learned alot over the years.
In the old days....
*stands and begins to pace the room, stopping to glance at the beautiful green earth we live on*
....back when the air was clean....the sex was dirty...and the dope was good....we done things differently youngsta! Lol! *smiles*
We used to just collect seed from our own stock. Used to know alot of so called unsavory fellers that rode around on harleys, or lowriders...pickin up and scorin pounds of some of the best brick weed around at the time. Yeah, i know, but it was a different time.
Anywho, knew a few doing real grows but that shit was still very illegal at the time, wich is hard to beleive because in California we've at least had some sort of medical cannabis for a shit load of years. Theres grown ass men with kids who dont remember a time, when it wasn't this way. But some of us cats with wisdom streaking our hair and mustaches/beards, we remember when if you played, you had to accept in your mind that there very well could be a day when you have to pay. U wanna play, u gotta pay. Some were lucky...most weren't. Me personally, well...lets just say I've got my own share of old prison tattoos that were done in places like Old Folsom, Chino, and Soledad. Not bragging by any means, in fact im ashamed. I always wear long sleeves in public, and never talk about it unless someone asks. I dont have a problem "schooling people " about the inside, for lack of a better word. But if my experiences can keep someone else from being that youngster that i was so long ago, so full of piss n' vinegar, and hate, then hell what do i know. Lol! Anyways, sidetracked for sure....
Used to just put seeds in the dirt. Collecting different ones as i went through life. Never messed with clones until recently when my outdoor thing wasn't happening anymore.
So a handful of years ago i got started indoor with single plant, and an old hps. Started taking clones, learned alot of lessons, blah blah blah...
Now i use aloe flakes from buildasoil mixed in a bowl of ro water with my root riot plugs soaking in the solution. (Sometimes add a couple of drops of liquid seaweed) if for some reason i dont have this, ill run to the local hydro store and get some clonex. Fuck it. :)
Ok. Also have a coffe cup of this liquid for cuttings. Take cuttings with a pair of scissors from the plant, then clean her up and leave the bottom forty-fived with a new, clean razor blade and let her sit in this liquid for 10-20 minutes while im taking more cuttings, or getting the other things ready. Then put them into the plugs, then plugs into a tray with dome, vents closed, spray them the first time only, dome sprayed on the inside only after that, put them aside for a few hours, till dry. If you gotta open vents to dry or give them a shake, whatever. Once no visible moisture on the leaves, under a light for 24 hours a day til rooted wich is usually 8-14 days. Only thing you need to keep moist is the plugs, and the underside of the dome. Once you see roots, dust with some mycos, and into a solo cup of soil. If they have a hard time hardening off, put a clear plastic cup over it with the bottom cracked open a bit, or cut slits, then slowly give her less and less time under the cup till she stops wilting when you pull it away. I've actually done clones straight into the cups this way too.
Say i only need one cutting, or its a top that snapped off. Same as before, only this time, cutting into plug, plug straight into the cup of soil, water in with leftover dunking solution, cover with the clear plastic cup, and wait a couple of weeks. The soil will keep that plug wet enough for the next week or so. Then water again maybe once a week as needed until roots grab hold and start using up that water and pulling it up into the plant.
Wow. Did all this on my phone. Better send it before i gotta get this thing published! Lol!
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom